Custom Brewcrafters Rye Ale

Serve in Shaker, Tumbler

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 2.75/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.75   ABV: -

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jrob21 (2670) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - SEP 30, 2010
On cask at Tap and Mallet. Supposedly dry hopped but that fell a little short. Also noted it was an unfiltered beer and I got a bit more of that than I did the dry hopping. An earthy and distinct grain presence. A slight citrus aroma but the cask conditioning mutes and muddles the dry hopping here. There’s a slight bitterness on the finish. Overall an ok beer but needs a bit more character from a bigger hop presence or better malt profile.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
jb (2298) - Rochester, New York, USA - SEP 22, 2007
I liked this - we had it on a night others in our dinner were having cider, and the 2 drinks looked identical. Aroma was honey, malt. Palate was sweet. Better as it warmed. Not overly complex. Growler purchased at CBC by my brother-in-law.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
rudolf (2342) - Buffalo, New York, USA - JUL 4, 2006
They don’t seem to understand what ’unfiltered’ means. This was listed as unfiltered but is crystal clear gold. Nose is light lemon, slight butter, a little frutiness. Flavor is light butterscotch, fruit, artichokes. Odd and I get no rye. Decent body.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
zach8270 (3583) - Henrietta, New York, USA - JUN 27, 2006
(cask @ The Old Toad - Rochester, NY) I had this one a while back, but I’m not sure what the style is. If anyone else knows, please feel free to correct me. Clear yellow with not much head. Aroma is slightly dry and grainy. Taste was a little dry and a little sour. Finished clean and the flavor quickly disappeared from the palate. Very watery and a little unusual.