Dacay Black IPA
     click to upload

Brewed by Cerveceria Sothego Corp.
Style: Black IPA
San Juan, Puerto Rico

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.3/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.83   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Glouglouburp (5938) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - JUN 14, 2013
In short: A nutty dark ale with soft hopping. A so-called Black IPA that is more a Brown Ale. Decent for what it is.
How: Tap at La Taberna Lupulo, San Juan, PR.
The look: Near black body topped by a small beige head.
In long: Nose is roasted almonds, brownies cake, leafy hops, fresh tobacco. Taste has a caramel cake, soft brown cookies, almonds and other nuts, leafy hops. Carbonation is a bit too aggressive and this adds an undesired acidity in the finish. Bitterness sensation is very low. Listed at 7% on the tap-list, not sure if it is a mistake, it felt very slender, like a 5% beer. Not a bad beer, but this is not much of a black IPA, more like a Brown Ale with a hoppy twist. It was a nice sunny day in San Juan and I was sitting in a pub drinking this local beer, it’s fascinating how I am only interested in drinking beers and ratings beers, even when travelling, that’s all I want to do with my life, I would do that 24h/day, my limitation knows no boundaries.