overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 443   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.92   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
A light ale made with 100% real raspberries in every batch. The rasberries give this beer a fruity aroma while keeping the beer balanced in taste. The raspberry flavor is not "oversweet" or "overpowering". We believe our beers should be "beer 1st,fruit 2nd".

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
mattyhennessy (272) - Highton, AUSTRALIA - AUG 6, 2013
Pours yellow with a pink tinge. Fruity and light, but not overly raspberry in flavour. No bitterness, strong tarty flavour. Average fruit beer. Not much for a beer enthusiast. .

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
TheHOFF43 (1734) - Robbinsdale, Minnesota, USA - JUL 2, 2013
Nothing good going on here. Some raspberries but you cant really taste them, slightly tart but it seems incidental and nothing else comes through. Ms. Hoff enjoyed it more than me, so she drank most of it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
mnmike (1020) - Minnesota, USA - JUL 2, 2013
Bottle at Psycho Suzies tiki patio. Light on the raspberries, flat palate, I like more tartness

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 16/20
Coolmac (51) - SOUTH AFRICA - JUN 17, 2013
Pours hazy orange with low head. Good fruit on the nose, not hugely raspberry, but once you drink it the raspberry comes through strong. Light body, good hop bitterness.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
chinchill (1722) - South Carolina, USA - JUN 16, 2013
12 oz undated bottle served in a snifter. Some sediment remained in the bottle despite a full pour. Nice red-orange-amber color, topped by a thin and fragile bone-colored head. Aroma: RASPBERRY! with sweet malts and a suggestion of caramel. Fortunately, the flavor is not near as sweet as the smell, and is outright mildly tart before the finish. Good, natural raspberry aroma and flavor. Medium-light body with medium-low carbonation and some dryness in the finish. O: a very well done fruit beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beersak (91) - akron, USA - JUN 9, 2013
This beer tastes like a light wheat. There are very weak flavors of raspberry. Refreshing on a hot summer day and that is it. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
magsinva (876) - Virginia, USA - JUN 3, 2013
Bottle from App Vintner- catching up on old ratings from Oct/Nov 2012 timeframe. Will add a review, eventually, though this one was rather meh, as I recall.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Suttree (5073) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - JUN 3, 2013
Reddish orange, decent white head. Smells like raspberries, as would be expected, but it was surprisingly restrained. Nicely tart, and a fairly clean raspberry flavor. I could drink this again.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
Patrickctenchi (3478) - Coxís Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - MAR 25, 2013
Bubbly, cloudy, yellow-gold with a tall, white head. Scent is raspberry, wheat. Taste is wine-cooler raspberry... The claim is that this is more "beery" than fruity...mmm...not really. Pretty typical for flavouring...weak, bland.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - MAR 20, 2013
The one thing I canít say anything about is the appearance ... I had this straight from the bottle at Green Dot Stables in Detroit. If you havenít heard of GDS and live in the area, I URGE you to check the place out. Seriously. Asap. Anyway, the smell of this beer is much like youíd expect. Or maybe not. Itís an ale with some spillings of raspberry in there. But unlike some beers that overwhelm you with the fruit, Dark Horse does it right, and gives you that hop/malt/BEER smell as well. Taste/feel: Unfortunately I didnít get to completely enjoy my beer because my friends were pushing me out the door to the casino, but I got a few sips in where I could think if I liked it or not... and I do. Iím not sure what it is, but this beer just doesnít blow me away like I thought it might. Sure, you get the raspberries, but I couldnít help but feel "meh" about it. Itís still a very drinkable beer super appropriate for Spring or Summer though, and Iíd try another.