overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 461   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.92   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
A light ale made with 100% real raspberries in every batch. The rasberries give this beer a fruity aroma while keeping the beer balanced in taste. The raspberry flavor is not "oversweet" or "overpowering". We believe our beers should be "beer 1st,fruit 2nd".

Bravepig's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Bravepig (11) - - JAN 13, 2013
Not much raspberry aroma or taste here. Slightly carbonated. Wheat taste, slight fruit aftertaste. Pass.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
BeerBunker (848) - Burbank, Illinois, USA - MAY 2, 2015
12oz bottle. Pours golden orange with a foamy white head. Aroma is of raspberries and wheat. Taste is of raspberries and wheat. Not much else. Long lingering raspberry taste. Mouthfeel is heavily carbonated, almost watery. The raspberry taste can be almost overpowering. It’s decent, but I wouldn’t drink more than one.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Belgrave (30) - Truro, Nova Scotia, CANADA - APR 27, 2015
Pours a cloudy amber-orange with a small white head. Pleasant raspberry aroma. Tastes of sweet malt, raspberries, yeast, grain and faint hops-- a bit watery. Light to medium bodied.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
smroush (114) - Michigan, USA - APR 18, 2015
Has a nice raspberry aroma when just sniffing, but pretty thin and unremarkable when actually drinking. Neither hops or malt are prominent. Looks fine - a light to medium Amber with a thin white head. A little sourness comes through when tasting. Sweetness is fairly light as is the bitterness. Light body; thin texture; slightly lively carbonation; finish is moderate and a bit sour. Overall it’s pretty thin without much complexity.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Bulk_Carrier (2577) - Temporarily, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 20, 2015
This was poured into a pint glass. The appearance was a hazy golden orange color with a quickly dissipating head with some stringy lacing clinging and then spider webs nicely. The smell was mainly sweet to bitter, slightly sour raspberry. A light sweet fresh grassiness entered in as it warmed. Light sweet caramel malts came in. The taste was sweet raspberry and fresh grassy bittersweetness rolling into a sweet sticky raspberry aftertaste and semi-wet finish. On the palate, this one sat about a medium on the body with a fairly decent sessionability about it. Carbonated lightly and nicely. Overall, I say this was a pretty good raspberry ale that I would have again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
mtdewa1 (441) - rome, New York, USA - FEB 2, 2015
Aroma was raspberries, malts, grass and bread. Taste was everyday beer with raspberry on back end. Light and easy to drink. Not my style beer but done well.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
SaintZymurgy (12) - Michigan, USA - JAN 5, 2015
Well I actually like this beer. Good raspberry notes on the nose and mouth. Appearance a little unappealing - 1/4 finger head that dissipates immediately - looks like a glass of grapefruit juice. Would buy again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
Strife21 (223) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 30, 2014
Pours murky brownish amber with thin white head. Smell is earthy malt, wheat and raspberry. Taste is rips malt, then bitters with some hops. Notes of raspberry juice throughout. Medium body, medium carbonation.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
malkyore (273) - - DEC 22, 2014
So I had this raspberry lambic this one time and it was like RASPBERRIES!!! That being the only non-yogurt raspberry thing I?ve had brought my expectations of this beer to a weird place. Turns out it?s not THAT... It?s just a beer that tastes faintly of raspberries, and I am relived because I hated that one lambic. Plus I?m kind of scared that the dark horse dudes will kill me in my sleep if I diss their beer... Plus I know their buds at the sewage plant across the street and they?ve never been to dark horse... Plus Marshall sounds like a cop. So... This beer is pretty OK. I?d drink it at a party if it were run by chick?s who secretly would rather be drinking wine but want to attract the dudes so they bought a bunch of beer, but all of it was this stuff and framboise raspberry lambic....

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Krej (153) - USA - DEC 22, 2014
I bought this beer because someone tasked me to make a raspberry jalapeño wheat ale, so I wanted something similar. I?m afraid this is what our beer is going to taste like. I?m afraid because I?m glad I only bought a single of this beer. It has this weird faint raspberry taste with a little aftertaste and back mouthfeel of spicy. Like I said, I?m glad I only bought one of these.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
zach8270 (3798) - Henrietta, New York, USA - DEC 6, 2014
(draft @ Dark Horse - Marshall, MI) Cloudy orange pour with a fizzy head. Tart raspberry aroma but kind of mild at the same time. Flavor is a bit dry with some light raspberry notes. Not overly sweet, which I enjoy.