overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 454   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
A light ale made with 100% real raspberries in every batch. The rasberries give this beer a fruity aroma while keeping the beer balanced in taste. The raspberry flavor is not "oversweet" or "overpowering". We believe our beers should be "beer 1st,fruit 2nd".

Bravepig's rating

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Bravepig (11) - - JAN 13, 2013
Not much raspberry aroma or taste here. Slightly carbonated. Wheat taste, slight fruit aftertaste. Pass.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
malkyore (215) - - DEC 22, 2014
So I had this raspberry lambic this one time and it was like RASPBERRIES!!! That being the only non-yogurt raspberry thing I?ve had brought my expectations of this beer to a weird place. Turns out it?s not THAT... It?s just a beer that tastes faintly of raspberries, and I am relived because I hated that one lambic. Plus I?m kind of scared that the dark horse dudes will kill me in my sleep if I diss their beer... Plus I know their buds at the sewage plant across the street and they?ve never been to dark horse... Plus Marshall sounds like a cop. So... This beer is pretty OK. I?d drink it at a party if it were run by chick?s who secretly would rather be drinking wine but want to attract the dudes so they bought a bunch of beer, but all of it was this stuff and framboise raspberry lambic....

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Krej (123) - USA - DEC 22, 2014
I bought this beer because someone tasked me to make a raspberry jalapeño wheat ale, so I wanted something similar. I?m afraid this is what our beer is going to taste like. I?m afraid because I?m glad I only bought a single of this beer. It has this weird faint raspberry taste with a little aftertaste and back mouthfeel of spicy. Like I said, I?m glad I only bought one of these.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
zach8270 (3585) - Henrietta, New York, USA - DEC 6, 2014
(draft @ Dark Horse - Marshall, MI) Cloudy orange pour with a fizzy head. Tart raspberry aroma but kind of mild at the same time. Flavor is a bit dry with some light raspberry notes. Not overly sweet, which I enjoy.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 2/20
EyeAmBaldman (317) - Illinois, USA - OCT 19, 2014
Pours a light golden hue with a thin white head. Aroma is malty. Taste is is really not sweet or sour. It’s just bad. Dark Horse continues to disappoint. This beer is not even a saison. It’s just a really bad tasting beer.

0.9
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
outlawskies (447) - - OCT 12, 2014
Julie says. It taste. Burp and grossness it is very fake rasberry the malt taste like burnt bread Julie gives a 1.0 ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
bpar73 (532) - Bellaire, Michigan, USA - SEP 14, 2014
Bottle. Hazy orange gold pour with a white head and good carbonation. The taste and aroma are all about the raspberries. A fine fruit beer

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
kkleu357 (362) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 26, 2014
Light orange body with a good frothy head. Aroma of sweet berries. Slightly bitter taste with a bunch of raspberry flavor. I like it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
DialSquare (2925) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - AUG 10, 2014
12oz bottle from Andersons on bent tree. Copper pour, off-white head. Aroma of slightly tart jammy fruit. Tastes are caramel malt, little of the raspberry, grain, herbal, floral, biscuity. Little watery. Not bad, just lacking a bit.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
BOSSbrewer (1991) - Arkansas, USA - AUG 2, 2014
From a bottle in Grand Haven MI. Pours a hazy golden yellow. Aroma of berries and some wheat. Very light bodied. Decent beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
sudomorph (714) - Barrie, Ontario, CANADA - AUG 2, 2014
Pours a dark orange with a this, white head that laces and mild bubbles rising. Aroma is a slight raspberry and bread. Taste is balanced but not that much raspberry. Mild Bread and a bit of hop bitterness. Medium body with a medium-high carbonation. Overall not enough raspberry for me. Not a bad beer though.