Das Bierhaus Czechmate
     click to upload

RATINGS: 4   MEAN: 4.7/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.23   IBU: 24   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
An authentic Czech lager in the spirit of Czechvar (Budvar) with a rich golden color, subtle bitterness and a hint of fruit ester from the original Czech yeast

felsenpils' rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
felsenpils (113) - Sacramento, California, USA - MAR 23, 2012
A fine example of subtle Bohemian Pilsner. Bright golden color, white head, ample bitterness and a slightly fruity aroma. Could drink this one all night long.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
billybob77 (1) - - OCT 12, 2013 does not count
I have tried many beers in my life and German varieties are some of my favorites. Without a doubt, for this particular style, it was one of the best beers I have ever had. I would buy this to stock in my fridge if I were local to the area. Highly recommended!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
webhillwalkers (1) - - AUG 11, 2012 does not count
Excellent german beer...the best in my area. nice light taste....no hangover...I’m impressed. Excellent Beermister, must have went to school in Germany. Knows his stuff!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Skyview (5242) - Papoose Jct, Minnesota, USA - APR 22, 2012
On draught at the Das Bierhaus brewpub in Menomonie, Wisconsin. Pours a clear, golden light amber colored brew with a creamy off-white head that has some excellent retention and thick lacing. Aroma of both fruity Bohemian yeast, golden grain malt, a hint of floral hops. Taste is medium to medium/full bodied, flavors of light fruity yeast, multiple golden grain malt, with soft carbonation. Finish is quite smooth, a short lived mild bitterness followed by a well balanced pils malt and fruity yeast aftertaste. One of the smoothest Bohemian pils I’ve encountered. This is one the most difficult style of beer to brew and I could not detect any flaws in this outstanding pils. Forget the sample glass, give me a full 2.0 litre boot! I’m using this one to compare all other to. Well done!