DC Brau / Union Craft Yonder Cities (Chili Powder)

(RETIRED)
DC Brau / Union Craft Yonder Cities (Chili Powder)
     click to upload

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.8/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.01   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%

drowland (6169) - Valdosta, Georgia, USA - AUG 8, 2013
Sampled during CBC 2013. It seems DC Brau likes using powders in casks. Whatev. Anyway, orange pour with a nice khaki head that sticks and laces well (well it was a cask). Nice hop aroma, tropical fruits, some citrus, and a decent dose of an herbal pepper aspect. Nice flavor as well, tropical fruits, good bready malt balance, and a good dose of pepper and heat, which I dig. I thought this was damn tasty.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
radagast83 (5071) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - MAR 26, 2013
Still havenít had the base beer, so review might be a bit skewed. On cask at Churchkey. Poured a vibrant yellow orange color with a small white head. Aroma was some herbs, slight sweetness, plenty of hop character in this one. Flavor was some mango notes. This one finishes with a lot of spice - and by spice I mean heat - and I mean hot peppers. I enjoyed this sensation, but I donít think others in the group did.