erickok (2371) - Tours, FRANCE - JUN 7, 2013
3.9 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 15/20
Misty reddish brown body with beige creamy head. Big aroma, packing foresty hops together with a biscuit and bready maltyness. Pungent ale yeast to go with this. Triple on steroids and only not too sweet because of big hop additions. Characteristic De Molen yet still Belgian style yeast and palate profile. Goes towards some of De Molenís maltier IPAs or better yet towards their barley wines yet less smooth, sweet and alcohol. Yes, it is a mix between styles and has lots of its wown character, but without looking into the beer world extremes Iím sure it wonít be highly regarded in the end. I do. (33cl bottle traded with Rob, thanks!)
Thompson (123) - - JUN 1, 2013
4.1 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 17/20
Clear white head... dark brown red colour... smells like hop malts some spices.. taste hops sweet.. very good.. drank at benzai
Plovmand (5746) - Helsinge, DENMARK - MAY 28, 2013
3.8 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 16/20
Bottle provided by Borresteijn. The beer pours amber with a creamy off white head. The aroma is citrus, spices, yeast, fresh fruit and sweet malt. The flavour is sweet fruity and quite hoppy with yeasty and spicy notes. Fresh and not as sweet as expected. The finish is quite dry and bitter.
Sarpa (372) - FINLAND - APR 17, 2013
3.6 AROMA 7/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 6/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 16/20
bottle 33cl @ home. hazy dark copper with an off-white head. fruity, spicy aroma with some alcohol kick. bitter hops with malty carame sweetness in the flavor with the same alcohol kick.
TET (1130) - FINLAND - APR 13, 2013
4 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 16/20
A reddish brown beer with a big, cloudy and blond head. Aroma is strongly fruitfull, great. Tropical fruits, fructose, mangos, peaches and citrusfruity hops, some spices.Taste is tropical, spices, oranges, fructose. In the aftertaste the bitterness dries the mouth, and then the taste turns to citrusfruity and piney, also some spices. Almost full bodied, nice to drink. Not very typical Tripel, but who cares when itís good. IPA-tripel -hybrid, US-hops plays the main role with some nice spices.
makromaniak (115) - Tilburg, NETHERLANDS - APR 11, 2013
3.9 AROMA 7/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 16/20
UPDATED: JUN 10, 2013 A hazy amberorange pour with an off-white head. Lots and lots of taste. Lots of (tropical) fruit, hops, grass and some caramel. Weird but nice balance. Not sure if i would call this a Tripel but a big like indeed!
Countbeer (2920) - Best of Eindhoven ohne Brauhaus, NETHERLANDS - APR 3, 2013
2.9 AROMA 6/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 6/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 11/20
Medium sized, vast but with regular speed changing, creamy beige colored foamy head on top of a hazy warm orange to wam red colored beer.
Aroma has a lot of fruity hop aromas like a dipa: citrus, apricot, peach and mango. But if this dominates the aroma, say with a 60%, the other 40% is mostly alcohol with some sprinkles of grains and yeast.
Flavours of plant extracts, green grass, pretty strong chalk and old wood toast, alcohol (light hint of warmth and spice but mostly itís a clean alcohol taste), yeast and some hints of fruit like peach and apricot.
Damn that alcohol burn... Pfff
Aftertaste is a mix of alcohol and some warmth, chalk, wood aged fruit extracts with some yeast.
Low to medium carbo, soft yet spicy mouthfeel, more than a medium and close to fuller body and a bit of a watery texture.
Aroma is ok, taste is less ok-->bit unbalanced with strange ingredients and that alcohol bite.
I could not finish it...
PotjeBier (1019) - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - MAR 12, 2013
3.3 AROMA 6/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 14/20
33 cl bottle from De Bierkoning @ home. Red-brown color. Off white head, quickly receding. Aromaís: sweet fruits, perfumy, lots of hops, citrus, resin, acidic (especially retronasal). Flavor is bitter, acidic, a little sweet, slightly roasted. Strong alcoholfeel, prickly. Medium bodied. Finishes ashy and mildly bitter. Balance is hard to find in this beer.
jackdag (8) - Hartsville, USA - MAR 12, 2013 does not count
3.9 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 16/20
Virtually no head on pouring. Interesting aroma. Mildly hoppy flavor. Overall rating is very good.
Borresteijn (3681) - Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS - MAR 10, 2013
4.2 AROMA 9/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 17/20
33cl Bottle from De Bierkoning. Hazy dark orange/amber colour, dense off-white head. Great aroma of lovely citrus fruits, orange, blood orange, tangerine, mango, sweet grapefruit. Flavour is medium-sweet, light sugary, but mostly fruits like oranges, bitter fresh grapefruit, blood oranges, unripe mango, some yeast, floral bitter hoppy finish. Medium-bodied, slick, soft creamy mouthfeel. Great stuff, lovely ipa-tripel mix imo, hope this will become a regular.