RATINGS: 170   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65/5   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our year round ode to the Pacific Northwest hop. At DEBC, we like hops, but we like American hops most of all. Here we use some of our absolute favorites. However, they might not be used like you may expect, by using varieties with high alpha acid contents (which means more potential for bitterness) and using them in ways to emphasize the flavor and aroma we can render a rather bitter ale with over the top tropical fruit, citrus, pine, floral, and more hop derived aroma and flavor. Style: American-style India Pale Ale Hops: Citra, Amarillo, Chinook, Palisade, and Summit Malts: Pale Ale, Vienna, Honey, and White Wheat Yeast: English Ale

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
jerseyjohn71 (281) - corsicana, Texas, USA - MAY 15, 2014
UPDATED: DEC 31, 2014 the ipa I tried is an [ oatmeal ] pale ale,, citrus, spruce, spruce, spruce, resin, resin, citrus, alcohol, bitter, bitter, amber, clear, white foam, very bitter, lightly sour, full body, fizzy, bitter, long finish, [pine-tree-in-a-glass]

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
drsandman (705) - New York, USA - MAY 13, 2014
Aroma is pine, grass, slightly off colour grapefruit. Taste is sweet then bitter, sour fruits, caramel malt, grass, pine, slightly metallic. Average carbo/mouthfeel

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
TXBadger (2079) - Dallas, Texas, USA - APR 28, 2014
Pours a nice amber color with slightly off white head. Citrus, tropical fruit, pine, grass, and floral notes on this one; all follow onto the palate. I’ve had a number of these, and I think that they have finally got the consistency issue resolved with this. A solid IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
gururyan (674) - Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA - APR 24, 2014
Pours a dark urine with a lively head, and I mean that in a good way. I would paint my walls this color. The aroma is so aromatic, I think my wife would actually be fine with me smelling "like a brewery." Very citrus/grapefruit taste but I hate saying that because I hate grapefruit…which you can blame on the late 70’s/early 80’s grapefruit diet fad. Anyway, I say it in a GOOD way…smells and tastes super fresh. I really like this, and disappointed that I missed the release of their IIPA, Dream Crusher, by 2 days. I did get a coozie at least! Anyway, this is a good beer. I am adding it to my list of "must get" when in the neighboring state of Texas (along with St. Arnold).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jbruner (3190) - Athens, Georgia, USA - APR 2, 2014
UPDATED: APR 5, 2014 Pours a hazy golden brown from the can with think off-white head that leaves light lace. Aroma of pine and sweet fruity hops with a big malty oxidized back end. Taste follows, less of the fruitiness and more of the pine. Tastes old even though it was only canned less than a month ago. Not bad, but I have had much better IPAs.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
revolution2718 (367) - New Jersey, USA - MAR 31, 2014
Pours moderately hazy amber. Nose is floral hop, grapefruit, something herbal. Taste matches nose, adds some lemon, not malty or overly sweet, almost no bitterness on the finish, it's front loaded instead. Very easy drinking. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
illidurit (2258) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAR 17, 2014
Shared at the January 2014 tasting in Santa Cruz. Musty pine aroma. Herbal and grapefruit flavor, dense hops and a more English malt character with toffee and iced tea.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ttutony (794) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 13, 2014
Pleasant citrus and floral hop aroma and flavors with an appropriately balanced malt bill. Nice beer, glad to see some good craft beer coming out of the Dallas area

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Bgrose (1) - - FEB 25, 2014 does not count
Great beer. Good flavor. Very floral hops flavor. Good head. One of my favorites. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Terminus (3409) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - FEB 25, 2014
Tap at anvil pub in deep ellum pours bright orange with lite haze and a small soapy white head. Nose is floral honeysuckle lots of citrus very sweet and flowery. Flavors of sweet citrus crisp malt lots of grapefruit and tangerine. Very citric forward. Not much malt to speak of here just lite pale grains. Lingering grapefruit on the finish. Pretty straight forward but tasty!