overall

RATINGS: 134   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.66   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our year round ode to the Pacific Northwest hop. At DEBC, we like hops, but we like American hops most of all. Here we use some of our absolute favorites. However, they might not be used like you may expect, by using varieties with high alpha acid contents (which means more potential for bitterness) and using them in ways to emphasize the flavor and aroma we can render a rather bitter ale with over the top tropical fruit, citrus, pine, floral, and more hop derived aroma and flavor. Style: American-style India Pale Ale Hops: Citra, Amarillo, Chinook, Palisade, and Summit Malts: Pale Ale, Vienna, Honey, and White Wheat Yeast: English Ale

gururyan's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
gururyan (611) - Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA - APR 24, 2014
Pours a dark urine with a lively head, and I mean that in a good way. I would paint my walls this color. The aroma is so aromatic, I think my wife would actually be fine with me smelling "like a brewery." Very citrus/grapefruit taste but I hate saying that because I hate grapefruit…which you can blame on the late 70’s/early 80’s grapefruit diet fad. Anyway, I say it in a GOOD way…smells and tastes super fresh. I really like this, and disappointed that I missed the release of their IIPA, Dream Crusher, by 2 days. I did get a coozie at least! Anyway, this is a good beer. I am adding it to my list of "must get" when in the neighboring state of Texas (along with St. Arnold).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 10/20
Beerenberger (1452) - Fischer, Texas, USA - SEP 23, 2014
Nose of tropical fruit and florals. Pours a honey hued amber with a short lived white head and sheet lacing. The taste follows the nose with tropical fruit, citrus and notes of pine. Medium body and medium carbonation. Overall, very tasty and refreshing. Will buy again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
slowrunner77 (3451) - Reno, Nevada, USA - SEP 11, 2014
"A nasal blast of tropical fruits, pineapple, orange and grapefruit before even pouring from the can. A follow up of bready malt and pine in the flavor adds complexity. An assertive yet easy drinking iPa. Very very good. Thanks Hannah for providing me with this unknown gem."

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
HonkeyBra (3389) - Lemont, Illinois, USA - AUG 23, 2014
12 oz. can from Secret Santa. Thanks man! Pours an orangish amber with a small white head. Lacing peppers the glass. Aroma of citrus, pine, and some doughy malts. Citra really shines through. Flavor is bitter, with lots of tropical hop flavor. Medium bodied with average carbonation. Finishes hoppy. Pretty interesting IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
KamGoPro (82) - Texas, USA - AUG 23, 2014
Faint hoppy aroma. Starts with hoppy light leaf then comes the malts and sugars. Some citrus on the finish

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Beergeek23322 (2282) - Chesapeake, Virginia, USA - AUG 7, 2014
8/7/2014. On tap. Clear amber color with a white head. Floral hoppy aromas with citrus, pine and resin. Bitter flavors, lots of hops, light caramel and a long dry finish. Pretty good stuff.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BlowOffTube (477) - Michigan, USA - AUG 2, 2014
Dark murky orange pour. Fruity notes pine aroma . grapefruit and pine and melon taste. Dry bitter finish. Light body little watery moderate carbonation.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
BlackEyePA (573) - USA - JUL 19, 2014
I really liked it. Dont know the IBU’s but its plenty to make me want to drink a few. Its nose is citrus floral hop. Aftertaste on palate lingers with hop resins but not crazy. Appearance is dark amber color with foamy head. Had on tap, tasty brew, overall really nice offering.

burg326 (3704) - Florida, USA - JUL 18, 2014
Poured a dark rust color from the can with aromas of grapefruit, mango, tropical fruit, light malt and som ehops. Flavors matched the aromas, very nice, tropical and hoppy, light bitterness, solid IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Sammy (8675) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 24, 2014
Lovely balance of hop aroma and hop taste. grapefruit rind, some lemon, a well crafted hop bite.Lacy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jesterdeal (1887) - Marlton, New Jersey, USA - MAY 23, 2014
Fresh can froma generous Texan. Aroma of papaya, grapefruit zest, and mango. Pours deep orange with a gigantic khaki head. Had to pour in two shifts. Taste is juicy papaya, orange rind, grapefruit, apricot, and a malt finish. Not very bitter at all but certainly extremely pleasant.