RATINGS: 169   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65   IBU: 70   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our year round ode to the Pacific Northwest hop. At DEBC, we like hops, but we like American hops most of all. Here we use some of our absolute favorites. However, they might not be used like you may expect, by using varieties with high alpha acid contents (which means more potential for bitterness) and using them in ways to emphasize the flavor and aroma we can render a rather bitter ale with over the top tropical fruit, citrus, pine, floral, and more hop derived aroma and flavor. Style: American-style India Pale Ale Hops: Citra, Amarillo, Chinook, Palisade, and Summit Malts: Pale Ale, Vienna, Honey, and White Wheat Yeast: English Ale

gururyan's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
gururyan (665) - Stillwater, Oklahoma, USA - APR 24, 2014
Pours a dark urine with a lively head, and I mean that in a good way. I would paint my walls this color. The aroma is so aromatic, I think my wife would actually be fine with me smelling "like a brewery." Very citrus/grapefruit taste but I hate saying that because I hate grapefruit…which you can blame on the late 70’s/early 80’s grapefruit diet fad. Anyway, I say it in a GOOD way…smells and tastes super fresh. I really like this, and disappointed that I missed the release of their IIPA, Dream Crusher, by 2 days. I did get a coozie at least! Anyway, this is a good beer. I am adding it to my list of "must get" when in the neighboring state of Texas (along with St. Arnold).

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
oh6gdx (23228) - Vasa, FINLAND - OCT 9, 2015
Canned@SBWF2015. Amber colour, small white head. Aroma is tropical fruits, some caramel, sweet malts and herbs. Flavour is fruity, floral, wooden and some mild toffeeish notes.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
mallons72 (190) - livonia, Michigan, USA - OCT 6, 2015
Very good IPA. Solid in every way. Exactly what you would ask for...hop, citrus, all perfect balance.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
TBone (14611) - Pori, FINLAND - OCT 1, 2015
Can at SBWF2015. Hazy orange color, tiny white head. Orange fruity aroma. Orange, tropical fruits and citrus. Easygoing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
omhper (21769) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - OCT 1, 2015
Canned at SBWF. Cloudy pale amber, brief head. Caramelly nose with some grapefruit. Mid sweet with medium body and clean, rounded mouthfeel. Fruity and caramelly with mere notes of grapefruit. Mid bitter finish. Generic.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
SPDickerman (1075) - Texas, USA - SEP 22, 2015
Pours burnt orange with a medium off-white head. Smells of piney hops with hints of citrusy and spicy hops. Taste is bitter, piney, juicy. Medium-bodied with a smooth texture and average mouth-carbonation, Deep Ellum IPA finishes with a lingering bitterness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
kemoarps (42) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JUL 7, 2015
Massive pillowy off white head tops this beautiful orange/amber brew. Medium opacity with archipelagos of lacing down the sides. As soon as the tab is popped this one delivers juicy fruity hops. Almost oaty creaminess to the malts and a piney bitterness trickling in the finish. Drinks incredibly creamy smoothe and sticky at the same time. Wow. Suuuper easy to drink. Hops are dank and juicy with a hint of sweet tropical fruits, but also of juicy bitter citrus and a pine and pith type finish. There’s a middle that is amber waves of grain as well.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
AirForceHops (4804) - Epping, New Hampshire, USA - JUL 3, 2015
Draft at Craft Pride, Light copper color, lasting head retention. Aroma is floral, with a hefty amount of pine.

The body is light and crisp with a dryness that ends clean. Wow! I just had a Imperial IPA that was not nearly clean and hoppy. Two flavors done well, pine and floral. Very nicely drinkable. I’m sitting here with my buddy Ben and we are talking about the dynamics of finely crafted IPA. " drops the Mic and walk off the stage "

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
DedicatedToFun (4000) - Santa Monica, California, USA - JUL 3, 2015
Can, orange pour, white head, nose and taste are hoppy, bitter, piney, good

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
biirusaikou (1446) - - JUN 29, 2015
Draught at ACBE. Quite malt-forward, biscuit, caramel, decent bouquet of tropical fruit and green hops, clean finish. Good stuff, might be one of my first Texas IPA and you can feel they have their own take on the style.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
fiulijn (16658) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - JUN 29, 2015
Draught at Vancouver Craft Beer Week 2015, as Golden IPA
Hazy deep blond color with compact head. Nice aroma of cereals and hops. Very mild flavor of cereals, not much hops either, correct bitterness.
Boring, more Pale Ale than IPA.