overall
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Melle, Belgium

RATINGS: 2760   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.6   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Bottle Conditioned.
Launched on December 26th 1989 @ 9% abv. Abv reduced from 9% to 8.5% in 2003.
The particular character and the unique taste of "Delirium Tremens" result from the use of three different kinds of yeast. Its very original packing, which resembles cologne ceramics, and the colourful label contribute to its success.
In 1997, Stuart A. Kallen nominated Delirium Tremens as "best beer in the world". A gold medal during the "world beer championships" in Chicago (1998) confirmed that worldwide recognition.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
PBOYNY (316) - Westchester, New York, USA - FEB 21, 2002
THIS KNOCKED ME...OOPS! I forgot, someone has been complaining about my caps...so now I will try to do it backwards ass, anyway this beer knocked me on my ass...and I loved every minute of it. Very strong alcohol reeking fine ale. Left me stumbling in the streets of Manhattan 2 nights ago...I am bowing to it!!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
belgianhomebrew (646) - Acworth, Georgia, USA - FEB 8, 2002
A hoppy, over carbonated belgian golden ale. Still a pleasure to drink.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
Trappist (284) - Knoxville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 20, 2002
To much carbonation, it would have been much better if I was not burping up every swallow.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
rmalloy (199) - los angeles, California, USA - JAN 19, 2002
Boring and very light. I felt compelled to purchase this because of the great name.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
heykevin (1275) - Decorah, Iowa, USA - JAN 12, 2002
Strongly hopped and quite yeasty. This beer is different than I remember. Full of liquorice and candi sugar flavors.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
paysano99 (11) - CANADA - JAN 9, 2002
Wow, this beer is wonderfull, multi yaesty flavors, even fruity by sides, the appearance is formidable, doesnít look 9% of alchool, itís like a cameleon beer and not a rose elephant beer, taste slowly, you will discovered his multiple tastes.. one of the bests

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Belgik (72) - Sterrebeek, BELGIUM - JAN 3, 2002
Medium-firm, off-white foam over amber-gold brew, with few but fine bubbles. Yeasty nose without much ado, after warming, some hoppy and woody aromas, a bit stinky, too. Strong hoppy and sour taste, quite unusual, with bitter aftertaste. Quite complex, really, but I didnít say I liked it! Seems rather out of balance, to me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jake Barnes (456) - St. Louis, Missouri, USA - JAN 2, 2002
Yeasty, spicy, not as good as Noel or Nocturnum.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
40oz (181) - Newport Beach, California, USA - JAN 2, 2002
Typical Belgian golden ale yeasty bready aroma. Malty, slighty sweet taste balanced with a tart acidity. Good beer if they donít serve Duvel.

confusedboy0 (99) - BELGIUM - JAN 1, 2002
What can i say? Onces a very well-known writer wrote : íWhatís in a name?í This beer is not one our best beers, but I may say that the name made me curious. Every time ;-) A good beer, try it!