overall
Style: Belgian Strong Ale
Melle, Belgium

RATINGS: 3162   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.61/5   EST. CALORIES: 255   ABV: 8.5%
Bottle Conditioned.
Launched on December 26th 1989 @ 9% abv. Abv reduced from 9% to 8.5% in 2003.
The particular character and the unique taste of "Delirium Tremens" result from the use of three different kinds of yeast. Its very original packing, which resembles cologne ceramics, and the colourful label contribute to its success.
In 1997, Stuart A. Kallen nominated Delirium Tremens as "best beer in the world". A gold medal during the "world beer championships" in Chicago (1998) confirmed that worldwide recognition.

mikejmadden99's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
mikejmadden99 (103) - Mountain Top, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 18, 2002
When I saw the name Delirium Tremens on a tap handle, it reminded me of what I had read in a few beer books, and how it was "some" authors number one beer. Well when the lovely bartender poured me this beer I had much antisipated, buy the look of the orangish brown Beligian-Style beer emiting from the tap I looked not to be disapointed. Then she delivered this treat to me, and at my first smell of this beer my senses highten as I readied myself to tasted the best beer of my life......... BUT, I was suddenly dissapointed by the taste, not that this it was a bad taste but I had antisipated greatness and this was not greatness. It was very good, it had a great taste that masked the high ABV. But it was NOT the best beer "I" had ever had not even close. This makes me realize that I need to look more into what I read and who it is written by.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
geovanicalixto (29) - Fortaleza, BRAZIL - MAY 27, 2016
Boa formação de espuma, persistente. Aroma agradável. Corpo médio com alta carbonatação. Suave com gosto de manga e maracujá. Retrogosto frugaz

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kubmal (157) - POLAND - MAY 27, 2016
Clear golden, big head. Aroma of pears, apples, spices, alcohol and metal. Taste is sweet, fruity, a bit metallic, with a sour aftertaste and moderate alcohol heat. Nothing special, there are better and cheaper examples, although this one has a rather nice bottle.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
Mlarcheveque (8) - - MAY 25, 2016 does not count
Couleur dorée impeccable mousse blanche et remplie d’arômes, fruité (banane) et pleine de corps.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
Bawelt (420) - Lyon, FRANCE - MAY 25, 2016
Quel intérêt... On est sur une pils reconditionnee en semblant de belge à coup de sucre et d’alcool. Beaucoup de levures. Franchement oubliable.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
s00sl (87) - - MAY 25, 2016
excellent Belgian Strong Ale, no flaws, everyting is as it should be or even better. I’m not a fan of Belgian beers but this one is marvelous.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
BIGJOHNO123 (13) - Lancashire, ENGLAND - MAY 20, 2016
An exceptional beer. Pours golden, slightly cloudy, with a fluffy white head. Looks, smells and feels like a very good Trappist beer. Aromas of banana, clove and butterscotch, with a little but of fruit. It is full-bodied, creamy, with good carbonation, not too much or little. It is quite sweet, mainly malty with a very slight hoppy finish. Extremely well balanced! A really really really good beer. Foam from the head dispenses evenly around the glass when drinking, perfectly in fact. Try it!!!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Steffan (41) - WALES - MAY 18, 2016
Smell lagery at first yet clove, banana smells come through. White fluffy head, deep golden body. Smooth on the palate, very yeasty at first and slightly tart finish, problem I have is that the alcohol is a bit too present.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
VamboladeTolly (1273) - Tartu, ESTONIA - MAY 18, 2016
Bottle @ deTolly, Tartiu. Pours hazy golden with huge white fluffy head. Aroma: sweet, candy, sugar, malty, yeasty, some bready sourish, Taste: heavy sweet, sugar, candy, some thing sour but sweetness is killing it, yeasty. Too sweet for me. Sweet finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
nordic (387) - Tartu, ESTONIA - MAY 18, 2016
Bottle @ deTolly Baar. Golden color, nice big head, which stays long. Sweet aroma. Taste: sweet, bitter end, warming. ABV hidden. Nice.

MetalMurphy (330) - Budapest, HUNGARY - MAY 16, 2016
bottle @ supermarket. golden colour, heavy body, malty, fruity, high carbonated very strong belgian ale