overall
Serve in Weizen

RATINGS: 243   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
Brewed by Michael Hancock using the Cool Beer facilities.

Indra (2568) - Overland Park, Kansas, USA - JUL 1, 2003
Growler. Aroma of banana, clove, lemon, yeast, very faint lactic acid and plenty of esters. Solid, opaque golden yellow color, quite a lot of yeast in this one. Lemony, fruity flavors abound, again just slightly lactic and quite spicy, especially on the finish. Very nice and one of the better German Wheats I've sampled to date.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jokes (1453) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUL 1, 2003
A nice hazy golden yellow with decent head formation from a growler. The aroma had a nice banana scent, a bit of clove, and a yeasty liveliness. The flavor also had a strong banana character, but was not as sweet as most beers that I am familiar with in this style. Smooth maltiness, a bit of spice and nice carbonation make for a tasty beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
MrRomero (1972) - Nolanville, USA - JUN 28, 2003
Ratebeer Fest 2003: Poured a cloudy dark yellow with dissipating white head. Light banana notes and seems a bit thin in the finish. Doesn't match up to New Glarus' Solstice. No comparison.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
radiomgb (2143) - Peterborough, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 21, 2003
Murkey yellow in colour with a huge banana aroma. Flavour is of wheat, banana and is quite sweet. This is a great summer beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Cartoonkhaki (1220) - Brantford, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 11, 2003
WOW! this was great. It was a surprise for me when I walked into the Mill Street Brewery yesterday to see this on tap there. I wasn't aware of it's high appeal at all until I read a little write up that the girl at the counter gave me after I was half done my sample. She also told me that it might be in bottle form in the fall but she didn't know for sure if it would happen. Now to the beer Bananas were obvious to me and the sweetness was smooth and beautiful. Later that day I went to Smokeless Joes for the first time with a friend. I saw it on tap and took a much larger sample! It made me happy. The End.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
pondoshuffles (141) - Fitzroy Harbour, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 5, 2003
Michael Hancocks's Weizen is a perfect example of Bavarian Hefe-Weizen. The nose is filled with fresh banana and clove aromas, the middle is loaded with yeasty complexity and the lingering finish begs another sip (or pint!) A true classic!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bolo (12) - Ontario, CANADA - FEB 3, 2003
This one is a knock out. Best beer of this style I ever tasted. Since 1996, I've been a loyal sampler. You gotta open up somewhere. Don't take this away from me.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
alebrewer (140) - Mentor, Ohio, USA - JAN 20, 2003
Excellen weizen aroma with lots of banana. Nice color. Definitely one of the better weizens in North America, even when it was snowing outside the brewery! The only knock I would have is that it seemed a bit thin on the finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
mrkimchee (1414) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 19, 2002
it’s been a little while since I’ve had this beer, but even in the freezing weather this is amazing. there’s not much I can say other than this is pure weizen perfection.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DukeofYork (44) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - NOV 1, 2002
UPDATED: JAN 19, 2003 Let me see... lemony, yeasty, long, somewhat complex. But a little too light for me, reminiscent of Hacker. But very impressive indeed, especially as a Canadian entry. (Jan 19th, 2003) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It"s closed!