overall

RATINGS: 541   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.65   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Part of the Bond Street Series. This Fresh Hop Pale Ale is all about celebrating the hop harvest in the fall. Fresh picked hops have to be added to the brew immediately and in abundance. Roughly 270 pounds of Crystal hops from Doug Weathers' farm outside Salem, Oregon will be added to the 50 barrel batch in addition to some dry kilned whole flower hops. That adds up to approximately 5.5 pounds of hops per barrel brewed.

Juthan (2) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - OCT 28, 2013 does not count
I don't mean to seem hyperbolic with my score, but this one is special to me. I grew up in the backwoods of Alabama. I spent a lot of time in the woods. For the sake of brevity, this smells and tastes like the woods of my youth. Heavy pine and floral aroma. Same on the palette with a nice caramel malty flavor, as well. Beautifully balanced. I absolutely LOVE this beer! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 18, 2007
UPDATED: NOV 24, 2007 Delicious!!! This was an awesome beer. One of my favorite of the harvest style beers. Find it and drink it when it is fresh.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Canuckale (8) - Alabama, CANADA - OCT 29, 2010 does not count
My favorite ipa so far. I had this on tap at the Deschutes brew pub in portland. Fantastic. Great color, great hoppy taste.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
buddahmind (39) - Boise, Idaho, USA - NOV 11, 2005
Yes! Deschutes does it again! This is my favorite from them. Killer style. Fresh, crisp and not overdone. I agree with Alabasteor...between pale and ipa. I found this to be a flavor that I seek out in many beers and don’t receive. Funny how those guys in Bend knew what I was looking for!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mpcerik (1) - Boise, USA - NOV 26, 2009 does not count
This was a delicious beer with a very fresh, citrus like, flavor to it. It has a very light body and goes down very smooth. the after taste is long and just as good as the first sip. This is one of my favorite beers so far.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - NOV 4, 2005
I have always liked Deschutes and am very eager to try this offering. Pours a gleaming amber with reddish hints and a nice, frothy head. Slick hop aroma with lemons and tangerines. Well balanced, sweet grain bill adds to the enjoyment of the fresh, very flavorful, slightly tingly, bitterness. The lemons are there, with a wet, fresh flavor. Extremely nice, session pale.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
AmazonMatt (285) - PANAMA - MAY 30, 2007
Holy cow! I might have a new favorit beer here. Pours a great copper color with a decent graham cracker color head that leaves nice lacing; clear with decent carbonation. Aroma of that great deschutes ice tea smell and carmeled ginger, honey, etc. Flavors are awesome with decent, very fresh bitterness, light citrus, a bit of pine, fairly sweet, but not cloying since it is so nicely balanced. Extremely easy drinking, extremely nicely balanced and a great example of the style. Bravo!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
booradley2785 (12) - San Jose, California, USA - JAN 22, 2011
Subtle citrus and bitterness that finishes clean. Very filling. A new favorite of mine.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
bsp77 (724) - Minnesota, USA - SEP 4, 2011
Serving glass: Poured from bomber into Nonic Imperial Pint. Appearance: Clear orangish-amber with nice off-white head and great lacing. Aroma: Sweet, fragrant orange, with touches of grapefruit, pine and toasted malts. Taste: Great mix of tangerine-like orange, grapefruit, toasted malt and some spiciness. The orange seems to intensify into the finish when pine and some bitterness come into play as well. Palate: Moderate carbonation, medium body that is very oily and smooth. Nice dry finish. Overall: This is a very fresh beer that I really could continuously drink all day - too bad I only have the single bomber. Other Wet Hop Ales I have had have been more IPA-like, but since this is more akin to an APA, this is probably the best APA I have ever had. Just fantastic.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ReedM (27) - - OCT 28, 2013
Wonderfully smooth pale ale! Very sweet and citrusy hops. Sweet hop aroma. Easy drinker, a great go to beer!