RATINGS: 633   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.64/5   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 38   EST. CALORIES: 183   ABV: 6.1%
Part of the Bond Street Series. This Fresh Hop Pale Ale is all about celebrating the hop harvest in the fall. Fresh picked hops have to be added to the brew immediately and in abundance. Roughly 270 pounds of Crystal hops from Doug Weathers’ farm outside Salem, Oregon will be added to the 50 barrel batch in addition to some dry kilned whole flower hops. That adds up to approximately 5.5 pounds of hops per barrel brewed.

Juthan (2) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - OCT 28, 2013 does not count
I don't mean to seem hyperbolic with my score, but this one is special to me. I grew up in the backwoods of Alabama. I spent a lot of time in the woods. For the sake of brevity, this smells and tastes like the woods of my youth. Heavy pine and floral aroma. Same on the palette with a nice caramel malty flavor, as well. Beautifully balanced. I absolutely LOVE this beer! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 18, 2007
UPDATED: NOV 24, 2007 Delicious!!! This was an awesome beer. One of my favorite of the harvest style beers. Find it and drink it when it is fresh.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Canuckale (8) - Alabama, CANADA - OCT 29, 2010 does not count
My favorite ipa so far. I had this on tap at the Deschutes brew pub in portland. Fantastic. Great color, great hoppy taste.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 20/20
Ctplt777 (385) - - DEC 20, 2014
HOPPY. Very hoppy. Tons of just delicious fresh citrusy bright hopes. Incredible. Is it a Pale Ale or an IPA? Doesn’t even matter here. It’s just a brilliantly hoppy beer. The hops are all that matters and they are just in your face. The taste is just juicy citrusy fresh hops. Exactly what they say it is. Definitely my favorite among these fresh hop beers that come out around this time. Definitely try this one. Cheers!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jennajlover (135) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUN 13, 2015
This is a brew I could love all day n night. Super citrus pine aroma. Medium bitterness but oh so quaffable. Muffin like malts and very light toffee. Hop bitterness and finish make this beer fantastic.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jbuskirk (934) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - NOV 5, 2015
Keep the fresh hop releases coming, America. Not gonna lie, I crushed my bottle of Hop Trip. Along the way, I did manage to enjoy the medium bitterness, caramel malt backbone, pine notes, and grapefruit. In passing, I was also able to appreciate the dank, floral and leafy aroma. Mostly though I was too busy pouring it down the hatch. Then, I was a sad bastard when it was finished. Come to think of it, I still am.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
buddahmind (39) - Boise, Idaho, USA - NOV 11, 2005
Yes! Deschutes does it again! This is my favorite from them. Killer style. Fresh, crisp and not overdone. I agree with Alabasteor...between pale and ipa. I found this to be a flavor that I seek out in many beers and don’t receive. Funny how those guys in Bend knew what I was looking for!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mpcerik (1) - Boise, USA - NOV 26, 2009 does not count
This was a delicious beer with a very fresh, citrus like, flavor to it. It has a very light body and goes down very smooth. the after taste is long and just as good as the first sip. This is one of my favorite beers so far.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
JahNoth (1039) - Rochester, New York, USA - NOV 4, 2005
I have always liked Deschutes and am very eager to try this offering. Pours a gleaming amber with reddish hints and a nice, frothy head. Slick hop aroma with lemons and tangerines. Well balanced, sweet grain bill adds to the enjoyment of the fresh, very flavorful, slightly tingly, bitterness. The lemons are there, with a wet, fresh flavor. Extremely nice, session pale.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
AmazonMatt (285) - PANAMA - MAY 30, 2007
Holy cow! I might have a new favorit beer here. Pours a great copper color with a decent graham cracker color head that leaves nice lacing; clear with decent carbonation. Aroma of that great deschutes ice tea smell and carmeled ginger, honey, etc. Flavors are awesome with decent, very fresh bitterness, light citrus, a bit of pine, fairly sweet, but not cloying since it is so nicely balanced. Extremely easy drinking, extremely nicely balanced and a great example of the style. Bravo!