overall

RATINGS: 1134   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56   IBU: 80   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Enter, if you will, all the glorious aromatic complexity of the hop. This big, bold IPA’s intense multi-hop kick gets a subtle dose of restraint from select Crystal and Carastan malts. For discriminating hop heads.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BiddleBrau (929) - Fort Washington, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 21, 2008
Amber with faint white head. Citrus floral aroma. Hop flavor is citrus and pine with slight malt undertone.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
dkoonce (911) - People’s Republic of Athens, Ohio, USA - AUG 21, 2008
On tap at the brewpub/public house in Portland. Copper and clear, with a very fruity aroma - grapefruit and pine. Medium body, with a nice resin sharpness that balances the malt sweetness.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
joe1510 (501) - Illinois, USA - AUG 19, 2008
12oz Bottle Best by 6/6/08 I get to try this courtesy of russpowell, thanks Russ! Inversion IPA pours amber that appears more copper when backlit. The body is very clear with absolutely no carbonation visible. A rather hard pour produced three fingers worth of creamy but craggy clean white head. The head fell painfully slow and left thick patchy lacing on its way. The smell is pretty unique. The hops take center stage just as they should with a lot of ripe fruitiness in the nose. Apricot, peach, and sweetened pink grapefruit are all accentuated by a slightly spicy alcohol presence that seems to bring them to the front. The maltiness seems to be more on the biscuity side. The more I smell this the more I like it. The first couple drinks I took I thought this was just ok. After digging in a little deeper I really start liking this IPA. All that fruitiness from the nose is right there in the flavor. The apricot is most prominent but not by much. The sweetened grapefruit is close behind and the peach makes an appearance but is on the mild side. The apricot comes through big on the swallow creating a flavor I really enjoy. The malts aren’t around much but there’s enough to add a little balance. Medium bodied with a quiet creaminess. The carbonation is on the low end of the spectrum and lets the beer work its way through as it pleases, which is just the way I like it. Smooth and mellow on its way through and leaves a growing bitterness as I work through the glass. I find this beer disappearing far too quickly. The more I drink the more I want to drink. My only worry is after drinking a couple bottles my tongue would be beat up well. I wasn’t so sure of Inversion at first but it didn’t take long for me to really start enjoying this beer. A really great, unique hoppiness combines with a great mouthfeel to make for a damn fine IPA. I’d love to be able to pick Inversion up around here. 5/11/08

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
killjoy966 (677) - Washington, USA - AUG 19, 2008
Pretty sweet IPA from the folks at Deschutes. While there are plenty of hops, they don’t kill your palate or completely mask the malt-iness. I like almost everything I’ve tried by these guys and this is no exception.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
rthbass (29) - West Linn, Oregon, USA - AUG 17, 2008
On tap at Deschutes brewery in Portland.
EXCELLENT! Delicious hop profile. IBU’s for days while still maintaining a great malt backbone. Great mouth feel and lacing. One of my favorite IPA’s!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
MesandSim (7119) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - AUG 17, 2008
A Mes rate: Bottle at GBBF.
An attractive amber colour with a very good off white head. A straight forward U.S. IPA with some good resinous hops, very grassy and some ethanol notes. Nicely dry and bitter in the finish. Run of the mill but very drinkable.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SP23 (10) - Jurupa Valley, California, USA - AUG 16, 2008
This is one of my go to beers when I am in a pinch, it is always available at B-mo in the cooler, ready to go. The beer pours a copper color with a thin head, that laces down the glass quite well. Very hoppy nose that is balanced slightly with citrus and caramel notes. You taste the hops in this one and it finishes dry & refreshing. This makes a great summer sesion beer for a hop head like me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
blutt59 (6004) - Dallas, Texas, USA - AUG 16, 2008
bottle, orange pour, minimal head, flavor of grapefruit and orange, slightly bitter

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
NoiZe (2324) - Amersfoort, NETHERLANDS - AUG 14, 2008
Tasted @ Horse Brass Pub in Portland.
Fruity, floral and very hoppy aroma. Fruity, hoppy flavor. Nice hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Beer4000 (4433) - Kristiansand, NORWAY - AUG 10, 2008
355 ml bottle. Clear orange/amber body with a big foamy off-white head. Aroma of citrus/grapefruit. Flavor is sweet, fruity and quite bitter. Medium + body and a fine long, bitter finish. Refreshing, quite bitter, not extreme and well balanced.