overall

RATINGS: 1241   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56/5   IBU: 80   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Enter, if you will, all the glorious aromatic complexity of the hop. This big, bold IPA’s intense multi-hop kick gets a subtle dose of restraint from select Crystal and Carastan malts. For discriminating hop heads.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Plamadude30k (122) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - JAN 29, 2009
Reddish copper with a yellowish foamy head. Very hoppy with a great backing of grapefruit, making it rather bitter. I find it is more enjoyable very cold and in a cold glass.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
johnluvsbeer (120) - Arizona, USA - MAR 7, 2012
Cloudy deep orange-ish amber with an off white / tan head. Aromas of grapefruity hops and a small peppery dry malt. In the taste was all a grapefruity hop bitterness. A big malty mouthfeel and a bitter dry hop aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Storm_Shadow (120) - British Columbia, CANADA - SEP 6, 2013
Bottle. Pours a dark amber with small white head. Piney, hoppy. Dry bitter finish.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
iguanodon (119) - Bountiful, Utah, USA - JUL 6, 2012
Pours a dark amber with a thick head. Aroma is citrus, caramel, faint earth. Taste is malty caramel with good hop balance. Kind of malty for an IPA which I wouldn’t normally care for but it works here.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
dougdecinces (118) - Indianapolis, Indiana, USA - DEC 28, 2011
Bottle from a cheesy Mexican theme restaurant. Poured a dark amber with large, pillowy cream head. Aroma is pleasantly citrusy. But I can’t get over the taste of this beer; specifically the aftertaste. This beer leaves a thick, resinous hop bitterness that sticks to your tongue like tar. Something I find unpleasant. I love me a good IPA, IIPA, or even IIIPA, but I prefer clean finish on the palate. I guess I can see how this appeals to some people, but this beer isn’t for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
HopDevil1979 (117) - Charlottesville, Virginia, USA - MAY 11, 2006
Smells of Cascade hops and a dirty freezer upon on pouring. Looks very very dark - not see through either, hazy - the way I like it! Tastes like a crunchy small brew pub IPA, like one of Charles’ from Hyattsville, MD’s Franklin’s Brew Pub. I’d say "woodsy" but that’s been played out. Just a good IPA that sticks too much to your palate...I taste it 28 minutes later!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerSquare (117) - - JAN 31, 2013
Finally got the chance to try this one on a trip out west, and I really, really like it. The very unique banana flavor (and very subtle but detectable smell) is obviously what this is about. I think it’s truly a one of a kind hope flavor, which makes it a really interesting drink. It tastes lighter than it looks, finishes sweeter than it starts, and ends up satisfying much more than it mystifies. You could say it should have more hop or more malt balance, but honestly I wouldn’t want it any more complex. I drank two bottles and every sip kept me thinking about the complexity and uniqueness of the taste... So it gets high marks just for the entertainment value.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
nicolascage (116) - Copenhagen (Virum), DENMARK - OCT 3, 2007
Draft. American ipa. Sharp bitterness, with a malty, well balanced bitterness. Very nice hop profile.

LaViolette (115) - Brussels, BELGIUM - JAN 14, 2015
UPDATED: JAN 22, 2015 Nice deep orange colour with little head. Surprising aroma with the classical hoppy/flowery/fruity nose but also some honey and chestnut. Very nice taste and a beautiful bitterness on the finish. Great IPA!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
drawde (115) - San Francisco, California, USA - MAY 19, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 30, 2007 Not very fragrant, smells more of malt than hop. Nice, butterscotch-tangerine color and clear. The flavor just doesn’t cut it though, just not bold enough for IPA. Has an akward, lavernder-like smoothness on the palate (I’ve noticed this in Pyramid’s IPA too) that to me is not suitable for an IPA. I want my IPAs to sting at least a little, and this one doesn’t. Overall, a mediocre IPA. Maybe these guys have their porter recipe down cold, but I think they should change the IPA up a bit.