overall

RATINGS: 1145   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.56   IBU: 80   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Enter, if you will, all the glorious aromatic complexity of the hop. This big, bold IPAís intense multi-hop kick gets a subtle dose of restraint from select Crystal and Carastan malts. For discriminating hop heads.

phildorsey (159) - Fort Carson, Colorado, USA - OCT 24, 2009
12 oz. Bottle. Pours pale/amber and clear with little to no froth. Smells of citrus, resin and lemons. A moderate bitterness is present during the swallow, the finish is fizzy and thin but very tasteful. The perfect IPA, the taste is complex and diverse. High recommendation.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
chefrpalo (6) - Granite City, Illinois, USA - JUL 3, 2013 does not count
Excellence. This could be the best IPA around. Great balance and hoppy finish. Will buy again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
buddahmind (39) - Boise, Idaho, USA - SEP 20, 2007
My current favorite brand of my favorite style. I like this beer...a little too much. I could go on and on about its balance and beauty and big fat smack of ecstacy but Iíll just say, "BUY IT!" If you canít buy it. Iím truly sorry.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Ttrunk (56) - California, USA - FEB 27, 2012
Its floral with a beautiful color. I really enjoyed this IPA better than most.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
BOSSbrewer (1643) - Arkansas, USA - AUG 12, 2013
Nice golden pour. Off white head. Slightly sweet and good hop bitterness. Smooth mouthfeel. Very drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
unclemattie (4191) - Georgia, USA - AUG 9, 2006
Had this beer on CASK at HORSEBRASS PUB in Portland, OR. Amber color, casking creates beautiful lacing on the glass. Maple notes in the nose. "Aged" cedar aroma and bright floral hops. bitter, bitter, bitter, I want to homebrew a beer just like this one. Cascade?

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
idahofairfield (4) - Coeur díAlene, Idaho, USA - MAY 23, 2012 does not count
Great IPA. Full floral aroma and a nice clean finish! Another hit from Deschutes Brewery!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Hopsclation (89) - Chicago, - JUL 21, 2013
Love this ipa. Bitter but not harsh, everytime i drink it i think of orange peel french toast for some reason, which is not something you would normally associate with an ipa. Definately on the sweet side, but its a complex sweetness. If you like malty sweet ipas its worth seeking out, if you dont you should try it anyway, you might be surprised.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
GriffDaddy (64) - - SEP 2, 2013
Oh Sweet Providence this is why I drink beer! Big, big hops, piney, floral, very bitter, but wait! That remarkable balance of malty, toasty, biscuity sweetness! Always there, never too much. My bi-polar beauty. Big, powerful, hoppy perfection. This is my go to, my dependable, my rock and my redeemer. Quite nearly my all time favorite. Never disappoints. Would I drink again? - oh hell yes. again and again. Would I buy/order again? with my last dollar.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
jbuskirk (443) - Holdrege, Nebraska, USA - DEC 30, 2013
UPDATED: JUN 22, 2014 "Floral." Iíve often used that word to describe the aroma of IPAís. It wasnít until I got a whiff of Deschutesí Inversion that I realized I was overusing that word. Now THAT is a floral aroma. Fortunately, it doesnít just smell beautiful. The appearance features attractive carbonation and a relatively clear body. Taste is, well, hoppy but not harsh in its intensity. Very good IPA.