overall

RATINGS: 939   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.62/5   SEASONAL: Spring   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
The citrus punch of a big IPA, minus the one-dimensional hop sledgehammer. Seven select European and domestic malts round out the edges for a complex, copper-colored brew. Like its namesake ski lift, itís an insiderís ride to fresh thrills.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jmohno (1505) - Iowa, USA - JAN 11, 2013
Darker pinkish copper than mirror pond pale.Clear,thin head,slight lacing. Aroma is more toffee than mirror pond,otherwise its about the same,very slight hop,with some tart-butter notes.Maybe a bit of floral.Less english/noble like I was getting in the mirror pond. Taste is more toffee than carmel as the mirrror pond,maybe hoppier,seems the malt carmels are strong,as is the citrus,its balanced but eaqually well noticed. Definatly not likeing my intro to Deshutes so far.Far from a favorate pale ale.Its just a step up hoppier/maltier than mirror pond.As is the abv.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Garvinil (4) - DeKalb, Illinois, USA - JAN 6, 2013 does not count
Excellent color, modest head. Smooth pale start with citrusy, apple peal finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
timc100 (314) - Park Ridge, Illinois, USA - JAN 5, 2013
Pours a clear amber with a foamy white head. Smells subtly of sweet grapefruit citrus and bready malt. Tastes like a hopped up amber ale - very mild and one dimensional. A perfectly average APA, and there ainít nothiní wrong with that

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
Treebs (872) - , Illinois, USA - OCT 16, 2012
12 oz. bottle served in a Stone imperial pint glass. Best by 3/27/12. Big thanks to mfavoino for the extra. A: Pours a solid amber color with a one finger pure white head that recedes to a nice thick collar and thin film. Splotchy lace is left down the glass. S: Very balanced nose. Solid caramel and bready malts with solid citrus hops and some minimal pine. T: The taste loses some of the hoppiness that I found in the nose. The taste comprised bready and pale malts with a honey like sweetness. Sticky resiny hops are that backend, but itís not nearly as balanced as the nose. M: This is sticky and medium bodied with a lower than expected carb. It drinks like a malts DIPA. Not the refreshing crispness I want from a APA. O: The nose gave me a lot of hope, but the mouthfeel and taste really didnít do it for me. Just a touch too malty and thick for me. I guess Iím spoiled with the likes of Zombie Dust. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 03-06-2012

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
IPAsavedMYlife (346) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - OCT 2, 2012
The build of this beer is definitely something to be enjoyed. Nice Copper hazy, with a dense creamy head. Nice amount of carbonation coming up from the middle. Smell is certainly the carastan malt, with some definite sweetness. Opposite of Cigar Cityís Tocobaga Red. Mild hop aroma. Very nice mouthfeel, creamy. You can really taste the spicyness of the red malt in this one, which pairs nicely with the hop flavor. Not overly obnoxious, but well hopped. I could drink this all day. Not too forgiving. Enjoyability 4.5/5

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
firedog23 (73) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - SEP 25, 2012
I guess I wanted more out of it. It isnít bad, just not one I would go back to if I had a choice.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
agent_511 (157) - - AUG 26, 2012
Fantastic pale ale. Tastes of black cherry, plum, and a little licorice. Some pine in the aroma. Medium brown with a tan head. Very enjoyable, though not all that pale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DedicatedToFun (4000) - Santa Monica, California, USA - AUG 25, 2012
UPDATED: MAR 21, 2015 Tap, bend, brewery, orange pour, white head, nose is citrus, taste is citrus, pretty good

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Finhead (1592) - OFallon, Illinois, USA - AUG 19, 2012
Hazy orange-red with an off-white head. The aroma is citrus and pine. It has a medium body with oily texture and average carbonation. I enjoyed the bittersweet taste and semi-dry finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Sleuthdogg (31) - Illinois, USA - AUG 17, 2012
Appearance: This beer poured a real nice looking hazy orange color with an absolute huge white fluffy head. The head was a good four finger size and left a ton and I mean a TON of lacing behind. The head settles down to a light fluff floating on top of my beer. I love the color of this beer. Itís very enticing to say the least. Smell: Right off the bat orange peel smacks me in the face. Itís like a sweet tangerine mixed with pineapple and grapefruit. This is followed by a piney and floral hop presence but I must mention that the hop nots are light on the nose. Very nice nose Taste: Wow what a well balanced beer here. There is the slight hop bite mixed with orange and mango fruitiness. There is a breadiness and toasted character found in it also. I am also finding a caramel taste in it that seems to add a background sweetness that is super enjoyable! Mouthfeel: I find this beer to be super creamy in the mouth. It almost feels as though I squirted whipped cream in my mouth and have that creamy feeling left behind. The carbonation is moderate at best and I believe this adds to the creamy feeling of this beer. Overall: I true pleasure to drink this one. I mean I could sit back and put away quite a few of these. Not overly hoppy and not overly sweet or fruity either. Just an absolute perfect balance to be able to enjoy any time. I know this one was past itís prime according to the best by date but itís excellent IMO even three months past said date.