overall

RATINGS: 179   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.26   IBU: 95   EST. CALORIES: 186   ABV: 6.2%
This crisp, hoppy Northwest IPA features Centennial, Cascade and Columbus hops that impart strong citrus hop flavors and aromas. Our Northwest IPA is balanced nicely with the use of crystal and victory malt. We finished this fine IPA with a heavy dose of dry hopping to lock in the all the intense flavors and aromas. This IPA is sure to satisfy the hop heads of the Northwest, so sit back and enjoy.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
kaser (3124) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 12, 2012
Below average IPA. Pours nice orange with thick white head that lingers. Not much for aroma. Taste is boring, not too hoppy or much to it. Drank it fine but didn't enjoy it by any means ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
cathcacr (636) - Oregon, USA - OCT 10, 2007
Way down all by itself at the bottom of the IPA spectrum for me. I’m just not picking up on those advertised hops. Just a generic, watery bitterness. No noteworthy aroma. Head and lacing are tops, though.

Playing: Radiohea_d, In Rainbow/s for the 4th or so time already.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
carruthm (1401) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAY 13, 2010
12 oz bottle, decent hop aroma but the flavor is really flat and just plain bitter and hop water.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
cmonster (984) - Portland, Oregon, USA - DEC 22, 2010
Bottle served in a tulip. Excellent pour. Dark orange-brown with a light beige head. Good retention and lacing. Nose is not great. Soy sauce with some grassy hop bitterness, and a little skunk. Salty, bitter flavor. Medium body, soy again on the sticky middle, and an astringent finish. This is either a bad bottle or a bad IPA. Can’t recommend.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
michaelinwa (612) - Bothell, Washington, USA - SEP 27, 2011
Tried this one because I like their Grand Cru, Imperial Red, ad Scottish ales, and because my buddy dislikes this beer. Since we often disagree, I thought it might have potential. I was wrong. In an age of wonderfully interesting IPAs, this one comes off as lacking in aroma, taste, and palate. Like so many IPAs that i do not like, this one was all about, and only about, bitterness. Boring. Will not be giving this one another chance.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
harrymel (1503) - Spokane, Washington, USA - DEC 25, 2013
Reviewed 06/23/10 poured from bottle to new belgium tulip A: amber in color. low to no head or bubbles. Great clarity. S: Fruity. Very, very hoppy nose. Expect this one was dry hopped, twice. Apricots, citrus, slight pine on nose. T: My nose deceived me. This ale has the smack of early hops, but little or no compliments from mid to late additions to wort. Low fruitfulness for a PNW IPA. M: thinly falls around tongue. light body. dry finish. D: Maybe my bottle was not fresh, as none of the anticipated flavors were there. On the contrary, the beta acids provided in the nose, so, I guess this IPA is just not for me. Serving type: bottle 12-20-2010

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
GT2 (8744) - San Diego County, California, USA - JAN 22, 2011
Tap at Pacific Standard. The pour is a hazy, poo orange with no head and no lace. Probably the ugliest IPA I’ve ever seen. The aroma is all stale hoppy with cheese and rotting berries. Taste is dry, soapy, muddy, just on the grasping edge of IPA. Sucked dick.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 9/20
bigrond (1499) - factoryville, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 17, 2011
One of the worst IPA’s I’ve had in a long time. Bottle was incredibly over-carbonated, took 5 minutes to pour. Had a light clear copper hue. Hops very dry but not very bitter. Skip this one, I wish I did.

0.9
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 1/20
Vir4030 (530) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 7, 2012
Wow, head! HEAD! Look out for the HEAD! I got about 3/4" of beer and about 6" of head in my pint glass. Good thing I stopped pouring after about 600ms. Hang on, I gotta wait for this to go down before I can pour some more. I hope it won’t be too long before I can actually try the beer. This thing is foamed up like a root beer float. This is a cloudy amber, now that I have almost a half pint full I can see that. The aroma is very sweet. Very, very sweet. Wow, this is as sweet as it is foamy. The flavor is more sour, though. I wouldn’t call this "hopped to the extreme", and I wouldn’t call the flavor necessarily good. I still don’t have a beer to drink, because there’s still an inch and a half of foam on the beer. If it kicked ass, like the Rivertowne Old Wylie’s, then I could deal with the foam. But it doesn’t. It smells weird, and it tastes weird. I’m going to pour this beer out because I’m tired of waiting and I have no confidence that this beer is any good. This tastes more like a champagne. Screw this.