Die Hochland Imker Winter Mead (sweet)

Brewed by Die Hochland Imker
Style: Mead
Pfarrkirchen im Mühlkreis, Austria

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.87/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 360   ABV: 12%
Highland Winter Mead Warms body and soul, especially in cold weather. During long winter evenings we create our hot Highland Winter Mead by adding vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg. This is a long and well-loved tradition during our cold winters. The tradition of spiced mead started in the Middle Ages. Hot mead infused with precious spices was served to guests as a greeting. Spices were very expensive during the Middle Ages and their use indicated wealth and acknowledged the high status of the guest. Austrian honey wine

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
magsinva (1014) - Virginia, USA - JUN 3, 2013
Bottle from State line liquors- catching up on old ratings from Oct/Nov 2012 timeframe. I actually like this one, if I recall correctly. It was a bit boring, but it didn’t have the nasty menthol thing happening. Solid effort, I’ll probably try their other offerings if the price is right. Oh, I think this one came with a spice bag, which I didn’t use, I also servered it cold in a tulip glass.