overall

RATINGS: 762   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
Brewed for Dixie Brewing by Joseph Huber during the breweries renovation. Brewed in the EU as well.

djnicotine99 (17) - Lake Charles, Louisiana, USA - OCT 26, 2001
The shyte!!!!

Xyladaun (12) - USA - OCT 28, 2007
When I was stationed at Ft. Rucker, Al at the Flight School in the 90ís, this stuff was one of my favorite brews at the bar íThe Zoneí in Enterprise, Al. We dance the night away with the local girls and swilled this down by the gallon. I loved the flavor, aroma and the patate was a real salvation for me at least, I loved Oly Dark in the North West and this was the only thing close.

Cliferat (1) - Ashburn, Virginia, USA - JUN 4, 2013 does not count
Awesome with Cajun food! A great all around smooth beer with a pleasing aroma.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Airlifter (118) - Shawnee, Kansas, USA - AUG 1, 2009
Pours a reddish, dark-brown, cola color with a fair amount of light tan head. Aroma is mild, a little malty and lemony. Flavor is bright and citrus with a sweet maltiness and a hint of chocolate and smoke. I love this beer. The low ratings surprise me, but Voodoo strays from the Schwarzbier standard and is probably not a favorite of most hopheads. Oh well...more for me!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
SanfordBrewer (1391) - Sanford, Florida, USA - SEP 3, 2011
Translucent dark amber with a ring of beige head, soft medium body with medium carbonation.

Aroma: dark malt and fruity alcohol esters, with some minerality and sweetness.

Taste: malt sweetness, chocolate malt, coffee, nuttiness, minerality, and fruity esters. Thereís a nice bright woody character in there too.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Shazbat (100) - USA - FEB 6, 2001
This is great beer! Black as night, yet with a mellow, malty flavor that belies itís stout like consistency.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Flatline99 (36) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - MAR 14, 2002
One of the best beers for a stout lover when they donít have a stout.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jfishback13 (275) - Royal Oak, Michigan, USA - AUG 4, 2002
This is truly my favorite lager. I know people think itís too heavy for a lager and certainly too light to be a stout, but this is a great beer. Donít try to figure out what it is and just drink it. It leaves you with such a nice, slightly sweet flavor, itís hard to resist. I havenít had this beer in many months, but it got me started trying beers and good ones at that... It did for beer what the Dead Milkmen did for me in music... not great, but I love it for the transition it allowed me... and Iíll always love it because of that.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
AxeMann (1) - - APR 12, 2013 does not count
Excellent beer for a person with a sweet taste and wanting a less heavy flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - JUL 19, 2002
Iíve found my beer of the week. it has great taste and didnít leave that what the hell was that look on your face after drinking it. recommend more people try it its worth it.