overall

RATINGS: 2453   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 540   ABV: 18%
Too extreme to be called beer? Brewed to a colossal 45įP, boiled for a full 2 hours while being continually hopped with high alpha American hops, dry-hopped every day in the fermenter for a month, and aged for a month on whole leaf hops, 120 Minute IPA is by far the strongest IPA ever brewed. And at 21% ABV and 120 IBUís, you can see why we are calling this the Holy Grail for Hopheads. Editors note: ABV reduced down to 18% in 2009.

Krej's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Krej (163) - USA - APR 17, 2014
At last this beer comes to the same state as me. Iíve been searching for it for ages and it finally comes to a bar 15 minutes away from my work... On a Thursday... Starting at 1pm... Well Iím not man enough to leave work at 1 but I leave a little early to try and get it and got it I did. Disappointed I am not. It doesnít have that great of an aroma, it smells a little citrusy, hoppy, and sugary, but itís all very faint. Itís a very nice clear golden amber color. Very small head but it laces well. It tastes really great. Grapefruity, citrusy, and I donít really know what else but itís good and unique. I donít feel like Iíve ever had a beer that tasted similar to this. It tastes real thick too which is crazy. Kind of like the thickness of a good stout but the rest of it is redonk IPA. Itís also alcoholic as shit, but you canít taste it at all. I think Iíve had about 1/8 of the 10oz glass and that equates to about 2 and a half two hearteds worth of drunkenness. Also Iíve never smoked weed but Iíve heard of weed smokers talking about mind or body highs. Well in my couple of sips I think this beer is giving me a real mind drunk. My mind seems pretty drunk but my body doesnít seem weird at all. It kind of reminds me of drinking absinthe. Anyways this is a great beer and Iíd go through whatever it takes to drink it again and my food just got here so this review is DONE!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
Prolitariat777 (30) - St george, Utah, USA - JUL 28, 2015
9.99 twelve ounce bottle. Great aroma of stone fruit and. Citrus. Crystal dark orange pour. Real thick and sweet on palate. Finishes cloying and sweet.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 14/20
edgallow (2778) - nashville, Tennessee, USA - JUL 26, 2015
12 oz bottle pours hazy Amber with a off white head. Aroma of citrus, pine and malts. Taste is citrus a with a malty finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
klk343 (139) - - JUL 23, 2015
Clear golden. Smells and tastes like nail polish remover. A little sweet. Not enough flavor to cover up alcohol taste. Smooth texture though with no aftertaste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
growler6 (54) - Massachusetts, USA - JUL 18, 2015
I let this sit in the refrigerator for a month before I broke down and popped the top. First impression; this is a boiler maker taken to the next level. The sweetness is complex ,a mix of dried fruit, honey and maple syrup. Zero citrus which would have been a disaster. The120 IBU stands up to the sweetness but this concoction is no hop bomb . Whiskey from nose to the bottom of the glass. A great experience but overpriced at $13.00 bottle and I prefer Burton Baton from DFH.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
dojken (352) - - JUL 8, 2015
Flaska. Djup doft av fat torkade frukter o starkvin. Smaken mmm mŚnga olika dimensioner ,rund o kršmig i munnen. MŚnga fina toner av sŲtma o fantastisk beska.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
notayankee (35) - Arkansas, USA - JUL 3, 2015
Aroma is roasty, with a hint of nuts and toast, nice resin and citrus forward. Appearance is amber and cloudy with a frothy, 1 inch tan foam. Taste is of medium sweetness, medium bitterness, medium sourness, seriously hits umami on all ponts. Texture is creamy, carbonation is lively, bitter. This beer has a long finish, with lingering bitterness that eventually gives way to a sweet malty ending. Lives up to the hype.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
RyanK (253) - Rhode Island, USA - JUN 4, 2015
I got this is december and poured it in june (12oz bottle). Amber body with white head, shows a lot of sediment and carbonation. Smells to me like the dogfish 60 malt concentrated with a somewhat heavy alcohol, not overly boozy on nose at all. The other 12% IPA iíve had is evil twin Molotov cocktail, both brews leave me chewing on the taste afterwards. Malty sweetness dominates the dogfish head, the alcohol is well hidden but still feels like youíre drinking a cask aged beer. Strong taste but not overwhelming. Worth a try if you can split it.

Bacterial (2194) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - JUN 4, 2015
Clear yellowish amber pour, slight white head. Massive hop, warm sweet malt finish that stays warm way into the finish. Unique and it works well.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
no2allstars (6) - - JUN 2, 2015 does not count
12oz bottle poured into glass. Orangish color with lots of hop and citrus smell. Actually wasnt as overpowering of an alcohol tatse as I expected. Great beer. A must try if you can get your hands on one!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
tapthis (168) - Baytown, Texas, USA - MAY 27, 2015
This is definitely a boozy I.P.A. with a strong hop presence (with some citrus aftertaste). Light amber in color with no head and very little lacing. Smells of hops/citrus and booze. Very little to no carbonation present in the beer