overall

RATINGS: 2387   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 540   ABV: 18%
Too extreme to be called beer? Brewed to a colossal 45°P, boiled for a full 2 hours while being continually hopped with high alpha American hops, dry-hopped every day in the fermenter for a month, and aged for a month on whole leaf hops, 120 Minute IPA is by far the strongest IPA ever brewed. And at 21% ABV and 120 IBU’s, you can see why we are calling this the Holy Grail for Hopheads. Editors note: ABV reduced down to 18% in 2009.

Ironicmedic's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Ironicmedic (64) - New Jersey, USA - AUG 14, 2014
Poured from bottle that I have aged for 2 years, pours amber with light tan head. Almost taste barleywine ish. Can't taste all the alcohol that's in it. Very enjoyable, but def can't drink it crazily.

bearislandbeer (14) - - DEC 20, 2014
I am proud to say that I still have one of these in my cellar! The problem is, what is a big enough event that I should bring it out? I have had the privalege to drink my fair share of dogfish head, but now I find myself in an area that does not have it and I miss it. Time to order online I guess! 120 is an experience every true craft beer lover should have. While the 60 min would be more of my normal drinking style, the 120 tells you a story of balance with smooth amounts of high alcohol mixed with high levels of hopping. It’s amazing what some companies can achieve with beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DarLeeMa (13) - New York, USA - DEC 17, 2014
Amazing beer. 3 sips and I already feel a bit tipsy. Great IPA taste without the overly hoppy taste. Definitely taste the amount of alcohol. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
SotallyTober (34) - Channahon, Illinois, USA - DEC 13, 2014
Pours a cloudy golden orange with thin off white head. Has a honey, lemon, caramel, peach, and a slight alcohol aroma. Very sweet upfront into a light bitterness, and had a nice warming alcohol finish. Medium body that was oily and chewy on the palate. Still as enjoyable since the last time I had it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
sadams26 (4) - Leonard, Michigan, USA - DEC 11, 2014 does not count
Its everything advertised, a great example of the style. Shared a 12 oz bottle, thought it was clean, great flavor and mouth feel but really boozy and warm. Glad to have tried it.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
tdeyoung24 (14) - Dallas, Texas, USA - DEC 5, 2014
This beer is ridiculous! With such a high ABV, it is surprisingly easy to drink. Nice on the palate, great aroma! If you can get your hands on one of these, don't pass up the opportunity. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
bigda83 (284) - Jamestown, New York, USA - DEC 4, 2014
Pours a hazy orange with a medium white foamy head. Aroma was floral and citrus hops and tons of booze. Taste follows the nose well. This is a tough one to drink and overly boozey to me. Myself and two other did a 4 oz split on this and glad it was that way. Too strong to drink a whole one.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
emnoseye (1) - - DEC 2, 2014 does not count
This is an awesome product. aroma is very good, apperance is also fantastic, palate is unbelievable, so overall I would like to give a good score

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
MartinVanBeer (116) - Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA - NOV 30, 2014
Aroma is very interesting. Deep fruits, spice, lemon. Honey, a little hop bitterness and pine. Plumbs, alcohol. Really can't tell the alcohol. Amazing beer. Glad to have tried it. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
revolution2718 (263) - New Jersey, USA - NOV 28, 2014
Fresh. Pours a hazy orange, a shade lighter than copper, almost no head. Nose is tons of floral hops, citrus, a bit tropical, a bit of astringency from the alcohol. Taste is bursting with fruit flavor, juicy oranges, pineapple, sweet malt, almost no bitterness on the finish, there's a slow burn from the booze, warming like I took a shot. Has a kinda sticky mouthfeel. As I drink more it gets challenging to drink. The abv is so high it gets unpleasant after a while. I like the taste, the abv is its downfall to me. It's worth a try, but I can't drink more than half a glass.

daniele (5765) - ITALY - NOV 28, 2014
ambrata resiniso terroso lieve liquirizia bel maltato dolce buon corpo amaro intenso barley wine