overall

RATINGS: 2322   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.85   IBU: 120   EST. CALORIES: 540   ABV: 18%
Too extreme to be called beer? Brewed to a colossal 45įP, boiled for a full 2 hours while being continually hopped with high alpha American hops, dry-hopped every day in the fermenter for a month, and aged for a month on whole leaf hops, 120 Minute IPA is by far the strongest IPA ever brewed. And at 21% ABV and 120 IBUís, you can see why we are calling this the Holy Grail for Hopheads. Editors note: ABV reduced down to 18% in 2009.

hrnplr (5) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - NOV 28, 2004 does not count
What can I say? Not my favorite style, but I couldnít imagine anyone doing it better. The hops arenít even as intrusive as the regular arrogant bastard, but the flavor is incredible. Everything is beautifully balanced; its strength is masked by the wonderful choice of hops and the perfect amount of carbonation...

FROTHINGSLOSH (4785) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 25, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 27, 2009 I had managed to have this one only once before and that was before I started rating. Luckily I had kept a second bottle aside -as price and availability problems keep me from having much of this one around. This rating was for the 2003 batch. Sampled from a 12 oz brown bottle this fine brew poured a light orange color with only a trace of a small yellow-tan head. The aroma is sweet fruit, flowery hops, grapefruit, apple and pear. The mouthfeel is very thick. The beer is remarkably sweet. The flavor is strong with fruity elements and has a sharp hoppy finish. Considering the whopping 20% alcohol in this one I found the alcohol taste to be surprisingly muted. Or maybe I have just been drinking too many high alcohol beers in the last year to notice. Sadly, now my stock is empty and I must endeavor to acquire again...Update 10/27/09 - I have just managed to have this on draft and must say that it is IPA perfection in every way. Sweeter and fruitier on draft and with less alcohol showing through. The score above has been updated to reflect the draftís perfection.

madmacs (2) - Lanesborough, Massachusetts, USA - JUN 30, 2005 does not count
Hop"oh" lish us!!!!!! Need i say more? If you are a Hop freak like I am...This is your beer! Find it! Savor it! Love it! Be the Beer! ...the power of the RIFF compells me!

darkangel13 (2) - westfield, New Jersey, USA - APR 27, 2006 does not count
this is one of the best iipaís in the world if your a hop head and you donít like this brew something wrong with you and you need to get your head checked out this beer is great AND THATS THAT!

Ignignokt (1) - USA - AUG 28, 2006 does not count
If you like hops, then this is the beer for you. A damn perfect beer - wish there were a 180 minute IPA!!! Probably one of my top five beers of all time.

RollinHard (1024) - Fort Worth, Texas, USA - SEP 27, 2006
Split the 12 oz with a friend. Iíve had this a number of times, but itís always superb. Opened up with an aroma that was piney, but also had this interesting sour fruit quality. Taste is syrupy and malty, but also very tangy upfront. Unbelievably thick feeling, if the look of the foam didnít give any indication. The hops come in a lot more as you swallow, but itís really just the flavor of them. 120 IBUs here are hardly noticable cause the beer is so smooth. However, the hops have a strong flavor and the finish just tastes unbelievably great. Itís hard to think of any aspect of this beer that I donít enjoy, I couldnít believe the taste when I first tried it. If you like sweeter beers, you HAVE to try this. If 6 packs of this were made, and they were remotely affordable, I would always have this in my fridge.

maddogskip (1) - Littleton, Colorado, USA - NOV 6, 2006 does not count
I have been looking for years to find a Hoppy Beer that had all the components that I was looking for in a Beer; 1.) Hoppy to the EXTREME 2.) Full Flavor in the beginning and end 3.) Exquisite aroma 4.) One bottle job (then nose is tingly) Alas, I have finally found my Soul Beer Mate. It is unfortunate that I can only have it once a year due to the limited production but I guess good things are worth waiting for.

biggenius29 (155) - Hamilton, Michigan, USA - APR 3, 2007
UPDATED: DEC 18, 2008 Bottle, bottled on 12-18-06, (notes from 2-16-07) First off, I had this one a couple of times just to confirm my opinion, but this is my favorite beer of all times. It pours a average creamy off white head. Looking through the glass it is hazy with tiny particles, this one has been bottle conditioned. It is amber in color. The aroma is of heavy caramel malt and citrus hops, imagine opening up a bag of hops and takeing a big smell. The taste confirms it, sweet caramel and citrusy, fruity hops. It is buttery smooth, and very citrusy and fruity. Orange, lemon, apple, peach pineapple and raspberry, like I said, very fruity. The initial drink is very very sweet with a moderate bitterness to it. Then the sweetness mellowes out a bit, but the bitterness is still there, and it sticks around for a while. The body is very full and like I said before it is very creamy, and the carbonation is soft. There is a slight alcohol finish, but what do you expect for a 21% beer.

bbp182 (255) - Levittown, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 16, 2007
I am a hophead, and I love IPAs. This is the granddaddy of all IPAs. I loved every second of smelling, looking and tasting it. It was perfect.

chimplechamp (601) - Oslo, NORWAY - NOV 10, 2007
UPDATED: OCT 26, 2009 bottle vintaged 2003 cheers pops and tom -pours cloudy coper ruby with little-no head, smells friggin wonderful, cheese cherries ripefruit and everything that is good in life. very sweet. it infects your nose. it is ridiculous. tastes very sweet fruit cherries. sticky as hell mouthfeel like syrup. the next time i come home, i know where im going. rerate 4/14/2008- bottle vintaged 2003, shared with tom, smells pure butterscotchy sweet. delicate, candy, amazing. gorgeous. everything ive said before about this wonderfully aged ale. syrupy apple sugar sweetness. ------&# 10/26/2009 ive had enough beers to finally say that out of all the beer ive ever had this is the one i have been the most impressed with and i can say it definitely deserves a score of 5.