RATINGS: 3373   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76/5   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our flagship beer. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & ’Mystery Hop X.’ A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us!

Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral.
Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza.
Glassware recommendation: Pint
Wine comparable: Busty Chardonnay
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 209 calories.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kyzr (1189) - Belgrade, Montana, USA - NOV 29, 2005
Great hoppy aroma and nice amber pour. Hops up front with a touch of malt to make a good balance. Nice finish that leaves you wanting more.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
mjurney (64) - Amarillo, Texas, USA - NOV 22, 2005
Pours out deep golden color with a head. Fresh citrus aroma. Nice hoppy flavor; grapefruit, pine with touch of spice. Clean finish. Really enjoy this IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
cbkschubert (2900) - BFE, Arizona, USA - NOV 21, 2005
Super aroma and color true is to style. Nice hop flavor. What I like best about this beer is that there is no unpleasent after taste. It’s a little pricey, but a very good beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
kgustaf (17) - Silver Spring, Maryland, USA - NOV 17, 2005
A complex but drinkable beer. It sparkles on the tongue with a balanced flavor of wildflowers/clover. Light amber color is appealing, and the foam is lacey and light. I wish I could have it every day.

tattooscott (6) - shepherdstown, West Virginia, USA - NOV 16, 2005 does not count
This is my absolute favorite beer. Bright hoppiness at start, nice smooth transition to subtle malty middle with a faint citrus finish. Smooth and crisp, very refreshing and drinkable. I cannot say enough about this beer. As IPAs go I say this is the best I have ever had.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Fish (440) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - NOV 10, 2005
Very nice india pale ale. Standard coloration for the style. Aroma of citrus but also something that is close to a nuttiness. Flavor starts out citrus sweet then moves to a citrus-pine bitter then moves back to a sort of mild maltiness at the finish. One of the better IPAs I’ve had. This is why the IPA is one of my favorite styles.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
RazingDreamz (123) - North Carolina, USA - NOV 9, 2005
Orangish-amber color, generous head. Citrusy smell, tastes of pine needles, slightly grassy, strongly bitter with long finish.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
maniac (3800) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - NOV 7, 2005
Dogfish slipped a bit on this IPA. The taste is much harsher than their other IPAs and it has a much more unbalanced bitterness than their other IPAs.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Numenor (871) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - NOV 7, 2005
A sharp beer with a very citrus aftertaste. Almost no head comes from this beer when poured even though there is a significant amount of carbonation. Far harder of a taste than the 90 minute IPA by Dogfish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Hawksfan17 (890) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 7, 2005
Let me just say first off that I don’t really like IPA’s. I like some, but this one just was not for me, but I tried to be fair when rating it. It smelled floral and bitter and was earthy in taste as well with a slight metallicness to it which might have been the bitterness. It didn’t really have that hoppy bite of bitterness at first, but got real strong towards the end. So much so that I couldn’t even finish it. The one thing I did like was how it looked, a nice golden orange, but it had no head.