overall

RATINGS: 3322   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.76   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our flagship beer. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & ’Mystery Hop X.’ A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us!

Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral.
Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza.
Glassware recommendation: Pint
Wine comparable: Busty Chardonnay
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 209 calories.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
rxmaster (2) - Athens, Georgia, USA - AUG 3, 2005 does not count
Appearance - golden colored with small, persistant head. thin lace all the way down the glass after drinking. Aroma - Very citrusy, a little grassy and a little pine Taste - Tastes like it smells with grapefruit, pine and a slight sweetness just before the warming feel at the end. Citrusy taste coats the mouth and lingers long after swallowed Palate - Dry and hoppy. Leaves the mouth dry and tingling for the next drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Styles (2014) - Lincoln Park, Michigan, USA - AUG 2, 2005
Pours hazy dark golden color with huge off white head, that lasts the whole beer. Or I drink to fast. Nice citrus and floral hop aroma with some malt backbone. Flavor much the same, except a big pronounced malt kick.

jhliesen (768) - West Melbourne, Florida, USA - AUG 1, 2005
Bottle-Hazy orange color with a small head. It was hoppy, both in aroma and smell with a solid bitter and oil finish. I have to admit the first bottle didn’t wow me, but I really enjoyed the second and I look forward to rest of the 6 pack. 9.49pettys

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerRules (243) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 26, 2005
On tap. Poured with a thin head on a copperish body. Aroma is hoppy. Flavor is as well, malt not as big a presence here as it is in the 90. Very smooth in the mouth and a pleasure to drink. Not bad.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
GrandpaSteve (10) - Downingtown, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 25, 2005
I love this beer. The first time I had it I was on vacation on the beach in Ocean City Maryland in September2004. It was perfect for that atmosphere and it conjures up those happy memories every time I taste it now. It pours beautiful clear amber and has a wonderful aroma. The aroma is reminiscent of fresh hops and reminds me of the hops I held in my hand when I used to brew my own beer. It tastes as good as it smells. Yummy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
porterhouse (1580) - Boothbay, Maine, USA - JUL 21, 2005
(bottle) Nice amberish gold, nice biscuit head, decent lacing. Comforting aroma of hops. Mouthfeel silky, goes down super easy. Taste dominated by hops, of course, but not overpowering. Not a huge IPA fan, but I liked it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Lou18 (1353) - West Paterson, New Jersey, USA - JUL 20, 2005
Pour a great golden copper, sweet hoppy nose. Citrus taste, and grassy, and less over the top then 120.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Cletus (6354) - Connecticut, USA - JUL 18, 2005
Pours copper gold with a decent white head. Smells of straw and grass. Taste is of grapefruit and morning dew with a botter finish. Nice, but not as bold as the 90 minute.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jon123 (36) - Emmaus, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 18, 2005
I got a few fresh six packs directly from the brewery in Milton DE. Mmmmm...are these tasty. I enjoy this (the 60 minute IPA) beer’s finish and "mouth-feel" more than the 90 minute IPA. The 9o minute packs a helluva wallop but has more of a malt finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
3daddict (139) - Portland, Maine, USA - JUL 17, 2005
I thought I had tired of this beer but then I found it on draught. I used it to wash down some Allagash Four I had just experienced drawn from a cask. Needless to say, I’ll be heading back to that bar! Kudos to the Great Lost Bear. Light copper color. Pleasant fruity hop aroma. As far as IPA’s go, it doesn’t get any better.