overall

RATINGS: 3142   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our flagship beer. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & ’Mystery Hop X.’ A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us! 6% abv 60 ibu Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral. Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza. Glassware recommendation: Pint Wine comparable: Busty Chardonnay In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 209 calories.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Ungstrup (29170) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - MAY 9, 2004
A hazy orange beer with a fine beige head. The aroma is like sticking your head into a hop plant - hops and oil all over. The flavor is also very hoppy on a sweet background with notes of oil and loads of bitterness, that draw out the mouthwater.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
billk (353) - Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, USA - MAY 7, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 3, 2012 bottle 12 oz. Clear honey/gold w copper tint. Large almost white head, moderate lace. Medium carbonation. Aroma is fresh light roasted grain/malt and fresh hops with an earthy, slightly skunky characteristic. Dry & bitter, with a nice sharpness, medium bodied. Somewhat unique light roasted grain/malt flavor. Straightforeward uncomplicated taste. I like this beer, goes great with food, a good choice for high volume consumption. If I lived here in PA (just visiting) it would be my everyday house beer especially considering the price @ 6/$7.99. (5 hours later): I just noticed Victory Hop Devil is 6/$7.99 also.....move over DFH 60. You’re sharing the limelight with VHD....add on 9/28/04: the DFH hops in the 60 & 90 min IPAs are the ultimate trip. Addictive as hell, with that "burn" sensation. Tap @ Rehoboth seemed somewhat dryer than the bottle. 10/05/04 I’m bumping this up one point to 3.9. I think its able to look VHD in the eye. Update 5/4/12, tap at Erin pub. Very malty, creamy, rather sweet with an almost coconut flavor. Hop flavor was ok but the finish had that added on hop bitterness that seemed a bit harsh. I’m dropping this to 3.4, did it change or did I?

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Hildigöltur (5104) - København, DENMARK - MAY 6, 2004
Orange coloured. Some hops in the aroma. Hoppy flavour with a dry and bitter finish. Very refreshing.

rhapsouldize (174) - Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 3, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 29, 2004 Very, very drinkable IPA. Medium amber in color. Bubbly light tan head that stays consistent throughout the entire beer. Slightly bitter aftertaste. Overall, crisp, refreshing, and delicious.

biznizness (1071) - Mooresville, North Carolina, USA - APR 27, 2004
UPDATED: JAN 7, 2006 Well, DFH usually makes awesome beers and they make especially good IPA’s. So obviously this is a great brew. I had the 90 minute first and I expected this to be a lot less hoppier, but not really. Still tons of hops, which is good. As far as what’s better, this or the 90, I prefer the 90 but I’m sure it’s just a matter of taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
wunderbier (1434) - Tampere, FINLAND - APR 27, 2004
12 oz bottle, snifter. Grain, toasted light bread malt (M); spruce, citric hops (H). Medium golden body with a short, frothy, white head. Lightly sweet, lightly acidic, lightly bitter flavor becomes a heavily bitter, lightly acidic finish. Medium body, watery/creamy texture, lively carbonation. The bottom line is: lacking in malt for my tastes.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
DrunkenLooser (22) - Frankfort, Illinois, USA - APR 26, 2004
This beer does not travel well. It's available in bottles in my area (Chicago), but everyone I've had tastes a bit stale. Being an IPA fan, I really expected to like this one. Maybe if I can find it on tap I'll give it another shot.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
civforprez (229) - Galesburg, Illinois, USA - APR 25, 2004
The beer pours kind of cloudy, but the head lasted the whole way through. The hop flavor is good, and the aroma is pleasing.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
beaconstreet (811) - Washington DC, USA - APR 24, 2004
A bit dryer than expected, but just dry enough. Clean, good color. Has a nice huff that reminds you of being in a wood-panelled study or something. Shame there's not more hops in it though.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
smoosh (536) - New Albany, Indiana, USA - APR 24, 2004
Draft - beautiful deep golden color with a white head that does NOT go away. Tight, tightly bubbled. I detect an odd chocolate in the aroma with maybe some grassy or piney hops. Nice balance in the flavor. Slightly more hoppy than malty. I love the mouthfeel of any beer with a head like this one, it is almost like a nitro pour head. Excellent beer!