overall

RATINGS: 3181   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.75   IBU: 60   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Our flagship beer. A session India Pale Ale brewed with Warrior, Amarillo & ’Mystery Hop X.’ A powerful East Coast I.P.A. with a lot of citrusy hop character. THE session beer for beer geeks like us!

Tasting Notes: Citrus, cedar, pine & candied-orange flavors, floral.
Food Pairing recommendations: Spicy foods, pesto, grilled salmon, soy-based dishes, pizza.
Glassware recommendation: Pint
Wine comparable: Busty Chardonnay
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 209 calories.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ross (2088) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - JUL 26, 2003
damn, this is a great beer. i havent rated one in a while because ive been trying to clean my fridge out :) but i was at the store and i saw this and i knew i had to buy it. nice smell, nice pour, great taste. a new fav beer of mine.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
egajdzis (5336) - Spring Mount, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 26, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 27, 2003 Pours a golden color with a large white head that left beautiful lacing on my glass. Citrus hop aroma can be smelled from two feet away. Initial sweet (similar to the bubblegum aroma I found in the 90 min) hop taste with a bitter hop finish. Very good, very hoppy, but one I could drink every day. I must be a hophead.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
andy609 (143) - Auburndale, Massachusetts, USA - JUL 24, 2003
Pours a cloudy golden yellow with a big head. Almost the same exact color as Sam Adams Summer Ale. Hoppy (citrus) aroma. I do not consider myself a hophead, but this may convert me. Nice and citrusy on the palate with carbonation evident. Nice, hoppy finish. Another good brew from Dogfish Head.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
JMerritt (1801) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - JUL 23, 2003
Golden colored, medium-sized white head. No cloudiness at all, which was unexpected. (Edit: Ah ha! The 2nd glass was much more cloudy. Seems the little floaties were contregating at the bottom) Aroma is strong and floral from the hops, with hints of pine-cone and grapefruit. Much (much!) less hop flavor than the 90 Minute older brother, but along with that, very little malt to balance it out. Too watery on the palate, and could stand to use a bit more carbonation (which is shocking to hear myself say). I feel a tad disappointed, as this beer seems too thin and unbalanced. I think if I mixed this with 90 Minute to make a 75 Minute IPA, I would be tons happier.

tkaufman (129) - Lewis Center, Ohio, USA - JUL 23, 2003
Pours a nice copper with a huge hop bouquet. Flavor is also exceptionally hoppy with a nice malt backbone to balance out. Curious to know what mystery hop X is. A very good IPA from one of my favorite micros.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JUL 22, 2003
Hoppy, malt and caramel aroma. Hazy orange, large cream coloured head, hop floaties, plenty of lace. Big hops flavour at first, orange then some malt. Very full bodied, crisp, resiny, and a good hops bitterness. A fine IPA!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TChrome (1418) - Bedford, Texas, USA - JUL 22, 2003
UPDATED: FEB 16, 2005 Re-rate: I feel my first rating missed the point, so here goes - Beer pours dark golden with lively carbonation and a retained egg white head. Aroma is enjoyable with the wonderful Dogfish hops being omnipresent and a light presence of cereal/biscuit maltiness. Wonderful hoppy flavor. I am not sure what Mystery Hop X is, but I really like it. Fantastic session IPA!!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
1more4dessert (330) - Upstate, New York, USA - JUL 21, 2003
Somewhat 1-dimensional. This is a hophead special and I count myself in that group. The 90 minute puts this to shame with the malt balance actually accentuating the hops. A true synergy lacking in this brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
PBOYNY (316) - Westchester, New York, USA - JUL 21, 2003
excellent IPA,with full robust hops and a mellow aftertaste, this is the man's beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SDbruboy (1864) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 19, 2003
A hop lovers delight and my first brew from Dogfish Head. Golden amber beer with malt aroma and an abundance of floral hops, spice, citrus and sweet bread too. Malty on the front of the tongue with an assertive hop bitterness showing up around the back of the mouth and cheeks. Dry finish with a lingering spice. Medium body, rich and well carbonated. Great example of a big, over the top IPA.