overall

RATINGS: 4228   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
morehops (39) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 22, 2005
This is a super 2xIPA!!!!! I was in hop heaven. Itís super hoppy, super balanced and super drinkable!!!!! Only problem is that my distributer canít keep enough in stock. (At $40/case, I wonder why?)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
brewrater (92) - akron, Ohio, USA - MAY 22, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 2, 2006 IBUs live here. Hops driven as the style dictates. No malt to speak of. One sided? Yes without apology - thats a Double. I like their 60 minute where hops dominates but a little more centrist.

Tmoney99 (10576) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - MAY 18, 2005
Bottle. Poured a golden amber with medium white head. Complex aroma of hops and malt with sweet tone. Full body and flavor with long bitter finish. Very good double IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bailz316 (227) - Mendham, New Jersey, USA - MAY 17, 2005
UPDATED: SEP 9, 2006 Nice gold color with almost no head. High alcohol content is masked beautifully. Good balance between malt and hops. Beer is bold and flavorful, notably citrus, caramel, and pine. Long-lasting bitter finish. Great beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Zeswaft (1367) - Seattle, Washington, USA - MAY 15, 2005
UPDATED: NOV 3, 2006 Surprisingly, there is not as much hop presence as I was expecting. Pours with almost no head and a copper color. There is somewhat of a minute hidden roasted coffee scent. Very rich hop flavor that is not too overpowering and a nice malt balance. It has a sweet citrus taste. There is a minor alcohol burn on the palate. This is an amazing brew. Best IPA Iíve had, probably my new favorite beer. rerate. not that great. kind of alcoholic and not nearly as hoppy as a lot iipaís. On second rerate this is totally inferior to a lot iipas. of course itís not bad but itís nowhere as good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Palidor19 (2936) - Brandon, Florida, USA - MAY 14, 2005
Wow!! found this at my local liquor store, thought I give it a try. This beer is full of aroma of Citrus and earthy notes. The Smell of hops is abundant, taste of hops, hops and more hops. Citrus flavor with a taste of the forest. YUM

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
TomDecapolis (4473) - Milton, Delaware, USA - MAY 13, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 26, 2005 Another great beer from one of the best American breweries. The hops, presenting most a pine and mixed citrus come out in this one. Also a fair amount of sweetness to balance things out. Probably the top imperial IPA I have had. For sure a beer I would go back to.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
JFURYCAT (1079) - East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 12, 2005
Iím not a huge fan of the aroma but I thoroughly enjoy the rest of this beer. It is more refreshing than the 60 minute IPA since its seems less mettalic to me. I like watching the soft carbonation as the bubbles floated to the top. I noticed a slight kick in the aftertaste which I attribute to the malt. The blend of hops in this beer is excellent. Its not overly stingy or coppery as one finds in other IPAs. As others mentioned, this is very well balanced.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
ericmc83 (207) - Arkansas, USA - MAY 11, 2005
As expected this is a very one sided brew. It has a crazy amount of hops. I personally donít like the woodsy/pine resin flavor that is associated with some of these types of brews, and this one had a LOT of it. I wouldnít go out of my way to get it again. $9.99 for a 4 pack.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
BeerRules (243) - Houston, Texas, USA - MAY 11, 2005
UPDATED: DEC 13, 2005 Nice bubbly light brown head and the beer has an amber color. Aroma is delicious, smells of grapefruit, pine, and alcohol. Flavor is awesome, tastes hoppy, citrucy, and of caramel. However the finish is a bit too sweet for me. I was afraid this beer would be a hop assault, but theres enough malt to make this very drinkable, almost dangerously drinkable.