overall

RATINGS: 4298   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

SoLan (1550) - Florida, USA - AUG 29, 2005
Tap. Copper/bronze. Billowing, off white head. Big grapefruit/pine hops in the aroma. Same flavor-some sweetness with nice malt support. Syrupy medium body, perfect carbonation level. Excellent.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
snookboy (9) - Cape Coral, Florida, USA - AUG 28, 2005 does not count
strong beer, very personable and not for the light hearted beer drinkers who are used to corona and other water downed beers, nice aroma and color and good after taste considering how strong it is initially.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
KUEric (886) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - AUG 28, 2005
Bottle: I was suprised by how sweet this beer was. I had some strong malt flavors for a double IPA I felt like. It looked very nice with an darker golden color and a good sized head. I felt like there wasnít a ton of hops in this beer for a double, but they were definitly there in the aroma. There was also some citrus flavors. I agree while you can tell there are a bunch of hops, it is quite suprisingly balanced and I enjoyed it a lot. Thanks to beerbeast!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
pinkzambia (1530) - Boise, Idaho, USA - AUG 27, 2005
Bottle: Ok, is the rating higher on this one just because it is stronger than the 60 minute IPA. This higher percentage is the result of what might be called "beer snobbery." I thought it was good and even had a very nice taste, but the carbonation was quite high and the taste wasnít as rich as the 60 minute. By itself, itís a good brew. Thanks Indiana_Red!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
3daddict (139) - Portland, Maine, USA - AUG 26, 2005
Very light clear amber color with ample head and lacing. Floral hop and pine aroma. Mixture of hops combine wonderfully with the malts creating a complex brew with amazingly good bitterness. Taste continues to grow on you as you drink. Zero hint of the 9%abv. I cleaned my local beverage dealer out of Aprihop and it was replaced with 90 Minute. If I clear that out can I get some 120 Minute??!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
redlight (2317) - Orlando, Florida, USA - AUG 23, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 23, 2007 Draft. Golden yellow with a huge fluffy whte head. Smells like fresh cut grass. hoppy. Tastes sweet, come citrus, and lots of hopps, even some spiciness in the finish. Excellent IPA.

hotstuff (4269) - Indiana, USA - AUG 19, 2005
Bottle. Large off-white frothy head that fully lasted, excellent lacing, fine-large sized bubbles, minimal carbonation, hazy, and an orange hue. Hoppy, sweet and floral aroma. Flavor was hoppy, vinuous and malty. Tingly and somewhat dry mouthfeel. Light-medium body.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Immy (1955) - Virginia Beach, USA - AUG 19, 2005
THIS is what I like! So much more smooth than the over-the-top 120 minute IPA, and little of the sweet alcohol finish. Fruity undertones with a sharp hop bite that lasts well past the bottom of the bottle. One of the best IPAs Iíve had, EVER. Beautiful complement to a meat and sharp cheese platter.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
acertain (249) - Seattle, Washington, USA - AUG 18, 2005
Pours nice and amber, maybe slightly cloudy, with an average white head. The aroma is very nice, with a hint of fruit. As for the flavor, let me start by saying that Iím not a big fan of bitter, so I was prepared to be disappointed by something that Sir Hops Alot had been attacking for 90 minutes. I was very plesantly surprised. While you can definitely tell that it has a lot of hops, itís very balanced by the malt and the dry hopping at the end. Lots of flavors in this one beyond what you would usually find in an IPA. Very nice.

Philip (436) - Illinois, USA - AUG 18, 2005
UPDATED: MAY 12, 2006 Sampled yet again at the monthly meeting of the Champaign-Urbana beer club. Many times have I turned to 90 minute both on tap and in the bottle. Its decidedly apricot and honey on the nose with some sweetness and nuttiness in the palate. The citrus kicks in and makes for a complex flavor profile for an IPA. The sharp hop bite finishes for a long-lasting finish. Though IIPAs arenít my favorite style, this is a an exemplar of the style.