RATINGS: 4473   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
JB99 (27) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAR 10, 2006
WOW, Nice hoppy aroma but not too much as I have seen in some inferior IPAís. Clear copper color, The mouthfeel was great, I think the best I have ever had. It has a nice warming taste in the begining, but finishes off with a great hop.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Dinobrown (46) - Virginia, USA - MAR 9, 2006
What an astonishing beer. 12oz bottle pours a concentrated honeyed color with a layer of head that lasts the length of the beer. The flavor is multifaceted with caramel, robust hops, maple syrup, brown sugar, tobacco, and even a slight touch of smoke. The mouth feel is viscous and weighty and it has just a touch of sweetness. The alcohol is well hidden and the malt is delicately integrated. Top tier beer from an experimental and intriguing brewery.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
jimbowood (1036) - Freeport, Georgia, USA - MAR 7, 2006
Bottle pours amber/copper color w/ virtually no head. Agree w/ the last rating- grassy hops w/ less citrus and pine that most IIPAís. Alcohol back ground is well apparent. Good bottled, but nothing compares to this stuff on the Randall @ the GABF.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
gputty (456) - Virgina Beach, Virginia, USA - MAR 6, 2006
From bottle. Pours a clear, deep golden orange with a off-white head. Big grassy hop nose with some citrus notes. Flavor is more grassy hops with a hearty malt base. Good bitter finish. This stuff is fantastic on tap.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
screigh (533) - Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA - MAR 3, 2006
Poured the typical orange/copper color for the style. Very slight white head but did manage some lacing. A nice hop aroma with a hint of orange in it. Flavor is very hoppy, grapefruit and some bittering finish. This is much better than I remember the first time trying this beer. The only complaint I might have is a lack of malt balance. Alcohol is well hidden. I was suprised it was 9%. Great beer!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
NewCastle1 (59) - Indiana, USA - MAR 3, 2006
Wow, for my first IPA, this is good stuff. Bottle. Very citrusy aroma. Seems to be a hint of yeast or bread smell in there as well. Pours a nice golden brown color. Rich and heavy are 2 words that come to mind. Alot thicker on the palate then I expected. Nice sitrus flavoring to it. I cannot pick out alot of flavors at this point. Still learning alot about beer flavors. Finishes rather nicley. Just a hint of bitterness at the end of this beer. All in all, I think I have found another style of beer that I really enjoy. Cnaít wait to try some more IPAs.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
henry3r (586) - Wichita, Kansas, USA - MAR 2, 2006
The bottle poured a sparkling clear light amber beverage with an average sized off-white head that was mostly diminishing and left good lacing on the glass. The aroma was, as it is supposed to be, dominated by hops. There was a moderate to heavy presence of grass with notes of grapefruit in the background. In addition, I was just able to detect a hint of saddle leather hiding in the background. The body was medium to full with soft carbonation and a creamy texture. Initially, the flavor was lightly sweet. As it matured into a long finish, it changed to a moderate bitterness with slight astringency and a nice alcohol warmth.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dwedin (249) - Happy Valley, Oregon, USA - FEB 28, 2006
Awesome IPA. Beautiful pour. Lasting white head, a little lace, sweet hop aroma. Mild sweetness at once overcome with a very strong but smooth bitterness that finishes with you craving more.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
schoolofspool (24) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2006
UPDATED: APR 8, 2006 [12 oz bottle] Poured a orange/amber hue with a tight frothy lasting head. Nose is herbaceous, very resiny, with a plenty of fruit and malt in the background. An onslaught of hops battles it out with the malt sweetness. The succulent oily hops take over which, while very strong, arenít overly bitter. Alcohol stays hidden very nicely without being nonexistant. medium bodied with an slick oily texture and a pleasant CO2 tingle. Long bitter finish with just enough caramel malts to get you through. Although it definately leans on its hops character itís very well behaved. My beer list isnít long, but this is definately in my top ten and I always get to the end of my 4-pack wishing I purchased more! Canít wait to dive deeper into the world of IPAs after this promising start. 7/3/8/4/18=4.0

Re-rate: I know itís only been a month since I rated but Iíve compared quite a few brews to the 90 minute and nothing captures the essence of this stuff. Some bring a well balanced package, and some cram in the hops until oil bleeds from the bottle, but Dogfish walks the line and delivers on some unthought of level. Four of these are going to be subjected to various degrees of aging and I canít wait to see what happens when the edgy hops are attenuated a bit.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Brewer73 (8) - Buffalo, New York, USA - FEB 27, 2006 does not count
One of the very best 2IPAís Iíve had, courtesy of COLES on Elmwood, in bottleís. Went down tooo smooth/easy, drank them all night, donít remember anything else.