overall

RATINGS: 4564   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Bartzilla (600) - La Mesa, California, USA - MAY 1, 2006
Iím spolied with west coast IPAs. Iíve heard a lot about this beer and saw the tv shows on History Channel, so I was eager to try it. Not too shabby. The alcohol is well hidden by the malt, though for a 90 minute hop schedule, I expected more of a bite. But, donít get me wrong... I liked this stuff and if I lived back east, this would probably be my "go to" beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Naven (1000) - Poway, California, USA - APR 30, 2006
Bottle. Expected a lot more from this beer. I think my problem is that I have become too used to west coast IPAís and this beer tasted too malty and sweet for my tastes. Not really a clean piney hop taste like I want in an IPA. Not terrible, but nothing special.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
waolsen (1375) - Littleton, Colorado, USA - APR 29, 2006
bottle. glden/amber pour with creamy head. malts, grapefruit and hops aroma. malts, caramel and sugary taste with dry hoppy bitterness. Iíve had this before and donít recall the sugar and malts being so powerful.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
BigBastard (668) - L.A., California, USA - APR 29, 2006
Big pine and grapefruit aroma. Flavor is smooth citrus, with just a little bit of sweetness. So smooth and good, canít even detect the high ABV. This is probably the best DIPA Iíve had.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
MrWalker (926) - Stockholm, SWEDEN - APR 29, 2006
Bottle @ Oliver Twist, Stockholm
The aroma is absolutely outstanding with its flowers and fruits and what gives. I had to sit for a few minutes just smelling this one. Rich flowery taste as well. Ripe fruits, tropical jungle freshness after a soft rain. Definately the best of the "minute beers". Full bodied, complex fruity, flowery, complex, bitter, rich. Only downfall was a slight odd sweetness towards the end when the beer had warmed up quite a bit.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
jason (1827) - Easton, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 28, 2006
UPDATED: DEC 19, 2006 Draft. Hops! Hops! HOPS! These are the words that attacked my brain when I first smelled and tasted this beer. Very sweet aroma that sends you on a trip to nirvana. The flavor is out of this world with a low carbonation and extremely well balanced tones of barley and hops. You cannot taste the high alcohol so watch out with this one. I really donít know if it gets much better than this!!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
darkangel13 (2) - westfield, New Jersey, USA - APR 27, 2006 does not count
very well rounded nice tones of the hops and malt and a slight hint of carmel in the mix i had quite a few dd ipaís and this one is one of my top 5

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
nick76 (4368) - Tampa, Florida, USA - APR 26, 2006
The aroma is filled with citrus, resin, and spruce hops. There is also plenty of sweet malt giving it a caramel taste with some yeast. The appearance is deep gold with an orange tint to it. The head is medium sized and persistent. The flavor is bitter and sweet with elements that are just like the aroma. The palate is very good for the style. Itís good, quite good really, but not as good as I wanted it to be.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Bigassfish (140) - Naperville/Chicago, Illinois, USA - APR 25, 2006
pours a clear yellow orangish-red. arom is sweet, with hops. flavor is sweet with hops and caramel. nice smooth palate. This is a very enjoyable beer to drink.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Beerdedone (3188) - Croydon, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 25, 2006
UPDATED: APR 26, 2006 On draft at Issac Newtonís sampled with Stegosaurus. Pours amber with small compact off-white head. Aroma of hops, citrus, sweet malts. Flavor is smooth, citrus, sweet up-front, carbonation with a bitter finish,