overall

RATINGS: 4574   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
da845 (139) - new york, New York, USA - APR 23, 2006
Not bad, but a little bitter. Not the best IPA thats out there, but not the worst.light body, lively, bitter.lightly bitter, golden, sparkling, frothy, white foam,

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
JoshuaB (476) - Detroit, Michigan, USA - APR 23, 2006
Eh. Tried many of a different batches, and this one never really impressed me. Highly filtered, not bottle conditioned. Average IIPA at best. Wheres the malt? Nothing else to write really, just wasting my time.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Ty5592 (1018) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 22, 2006
Golden orange in color. Smells of pine and citrus. Smooth hoppy grapefruit taste. Thick body but not too thick. Slight sweet after taste that dances in your mouth. Strong beer for strong men!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
punkrkr27 (903) - Berkley, Michigan, USA - APR 22, 2006
Pours a nice amber gold color with a thin off white head. Aroma is sweet maltiness with a good floral hop smell. Flavor is a perfect balance of malts to hops, finishes clean and refreshing. Alcohol is well hidden. This is the perfect example of what an IPA should be.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
doubleipa (224) - Georgia, USA - APR 21, 2006
UPDATED: JUL 12, 2006 To think that when I first had this beer during the summer of ’04 I didn’t even know about DFH. We stumbled upon it when our family was at the beach. With that said, we brought back 4 cases to Georgia. This is one of my favorite DIPA, ever. Not much head or carbonation. But the aroma! WOW. You can almost feel the resin. The hops is not overpowering like some DIPAs. It would be easy to drink several of these and not really know it until you stood up.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
LDawg (72) - Rockport, Texas, USA - APR 20, 2006
I started drinking these after a couple 60 min ones i had left and before I knew it I was plastered. I had no idea it was 9 percent. I do now though. Anyways. . . Thick and full of flavor. Big hops and dark color. four bottles though were like 7 or 8 dollars.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Zinnamon (40) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - APR 18, 2006
The aroma of this beer blew me away. Very hoppy with a delicate bitterness. one of my favorites so far.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
frink (467) - coquitlam, British Columbia, CANADA - APR 18, 2006
Pours a clear honey amber with nearly no head to speak of. Big hop aromas, grapefruit, orange, floral with plenty of malt to follow it up. The taste starts out with a big grapefruit kick with the sweet maltiness rushing in to balance it out. Thick mouthfeel . To my unexperienced palate it’s almost like a barleywine. I really love these big hopped up beers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
luvcasks (178) - USA - APR 16, 2006
Aroma: Lovely Floral, Fruity (like fruitcake) Apricots... yumm Appearance: Caramel highlights... with a white head leaving nice lace on the glass (appeared slightly cloudy) Flavor: Opens with Malty sweet notes to be followed up with fruity, caramel and nice big juicy hop flavors and bite Palate: Medium bodies, grainy, fruity finishing dry and slightly sweet Overall: Fabulous east coast double IPA with malt backbone with the hop wallop (Balanced... nope cant say that for a DIPA) wish this was available in the west coast as well

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
vyvvy (5744) - Florissant, Missouri, USA - APR 16, 2006
Pours light copper with white head that goes away quickly. Aroma is clean piney hops with a bit of rich caramel malts in the background. Medium mouthfeel with light carbonation and bits of prickliness. Flavor has the piney hops from the aroma with an added bit of floral qualities. There is also some rich malt underlying to give balance. Due to the flavors there becomes a bit of a syrup aspecet the mouthfeel. I remember this being beer in the 750 ml bottles, but the 12 oz. bottle is still nice. A nice quality beer that is worth trying.