overall

RATINGS: 4290   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ruggedman (647) - Portland, Maine, USA - APR 18, 2005
UPDATED: MAR 8, 2006 Had four pack of these the other night and enjoyed each one more than the last. Great tasting beer with an extreme hop taste. This is THE beer for hopheads without a doubt! Great flavor, wish I could drink it everyday. 3/6/06 Had on tap at the Alehouse in MD and I just wanted to add that this beer is unfathomably better on tap than in the bottle. Try it through the Randall too for a mind blowing experiance.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
SwedeDog (364) - Windsor, Connecticut, USA - APR 15, 2005
UPDATED: JAN 5, 2006 Bottle. Bank error in my favor! I bought a single, and when I brought it to the checkout, they rang it up as a 60 Minute IPA. I got 30 minutes for free!
Poured clear amber with a good head that left a good lace. Initial aroma warned of over the top hops. At that moment, I was convinced that death was imminent. I let it sit for a few moments, partly to let it settle, partly out of fear. Aroma became a bit woody, and caramelly as the hops retreated a bit. OK, first sip *cringing* Hmmm, itís pretty smooth. I mean, thereís a hop sting, but itís not overdone. Thereís also caramel and sweet malts, woodiness and some astringency. Thereís not a lot going on (as far as breadth goes), but what it lacks in breadth, it more than makes up for in depth. All present aspects are heavy. Lots of hops, but itís balanced by lots of malt, and thatís balanced by the combination of brandy and woodiness. It finishes dry and bitter, but not too much to make you cringe. This is much better than I was expecting Rerate. I had to bump this up a notch. After repeated samples, this is by far one of my favorites. It sits somewhere between IPA and barleywine.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
SuIIy (1983) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - APR 13, 2005
Pours a nice amber with a great white head that is very strong. smells of stron acidic, citrusy fruits ( lemons and oranges) the taste is very dry and bitter, with some astringency to it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
duke33 (68) - Eldersburg, Maryland, USA - APR 12, 2005
This is like the 60-minute IPAís bigger, badder older brother...Extremely hoppy and citrusy, with a strong strong alcohol taste. This beer has one of the finest hop tastes that I can recall. (Had in bottle at Bilbo Baggins in Alexandria Va)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Schultsc (572) - San Diego, California, USA - APR 11, 2005
UPDATED: AUG 30, 2009 Starts off with a dense, creamy head, dark copper color, and a vibrant hops aroma. Very bright and crisp with fantastic bitterness and a sweet edge. Light mouth feel with a quick finish, very clean and refreshing. Has a high but very well balanced, practically hidden, alcohol character.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
aklewis100 (2) - USA - APR 10, 2005 does not count
Itís good, but a little to bitter to be an IPA. Seems more like an ESB. I would drink it again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
openwindow (67) - Manchester, New Hampshire, USA - APR 10, 2005
Dark copper color with thin head. Lots of flavor, but bitterness is well balanced. I like this a lot.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
frankenkitty (1959) - Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA - APR 10, 2005
A literal "bouquet" of floral hops rise from this terrific beer. Has a murky, rusty-amber body with lively carbonation and a dense, rocky, cream-colored head. Wonderful lacing held on like whipped egg whites. Heavy, perfumed, flowery aromas along with pine and citrus notes. Similar flavor that started with a moderate maltiness and a hop presence that burned my lips. Much more flavorful and aromatic at room temperature than chilled.

<font size=-4><a href= http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.as DiCarloís Armanetti<font size=-1>

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ben1843 (6) - Florida, USA - APR 9, 2005 does not count
This is, quite simply, the best IPA which I have ever had. Unlike the 60 minute, there is not a huge head and also has a great taste. It is very drinkable and does not give that bloated feeling which so many IPAs do.

braudimusprime (75) - Boston, Massachusetts, USA - APR 8, 2005
Wow, this is definitely the strongest IPA Iíve tasted. Aroma is a friendly sort of malt, but the taste kicks in quickly with strong citrus notes and a woody undertone, followed by a strong bitter finish. I donít know if Iíd do more than one per night, but this is a powerful and complex IPA. I want to splurge soon on the 120.