overall

RATINGS: 4540   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
IslandHaole (1203) - Mililani, Hawaii, USA - JAN 1, 2006
#800-A clear amber/orange brew with a cream colored head. Aggressive hops, floral, honey, a touch of Lambic-ish tart scents as well. Suprisingly smooth and well balanced. Loads of hops yes, but to me, it is tasty and a nice meld of flavors. The alcohol is seemingly non-existant, tucked away very nicely which makes this dangerously easy to drink. I do like this one, sweet yes but not overly syrupy. Crazy hops but enough malts to balance it. Nice fruity flavor with pine and citrus hops. I look forward to the 60 and 120 minute versions!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
RooftopRogue (423) - Champaign, Illinois, USA - DEC 31, 2005
This has a strong aroma of hops that has citrus and grapefruit scents lingering in the background. It is maize colored with a glaze of a white head. This beer enters the mouth smoothly distributing a hearty taste of hops with a mild grapefruit taste creeping in. The palate is enticed with a nice flirtation between sweetness and bitterness. It fades leaving the a nice hoppy taste lingering in the throat.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
CMUBEERMAN (426) - - DEC 31, 2005
where are the hops. if i were going to continously hop a beer for this long, it wouldn’t taste like this. Still, it is better than most other sorry attempts at double IPAs.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
HogTownHarry (6372) - Toronto (Harbourfront), Ontario, CANADA - DEC 29, 2005
Bottle (12oz). Trade from Mullman. *Rating #750* Poured clear orange-amber with a decent creamy white lasting head. Aroma - very balanced and appealing - fruity light roast malt, fresh rich (but not overpowering) almost floral hops, as much like an ESB as a pale ale. Taste - wow. I mean, wow. This is BEER - solid barley flavour, waves of fresh, almost tea-like hops. Simple, elegant, not harshly bitter, but very dry mouthfeel, lively, rich, long lingering taste of hops. Not my preferred style, but as good as any I’ve tried before.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
xproudfoot (750) - Paleolithic, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 28, 2005
Smells like a hoppy peanut butter, jelly, and banana sandwich. Pours ruby-amber with a 2mm head that fades. Sticky sweet and then bitter flavor. Leaves a nice banana - beer bitter finish. A little carbonated, a little lacing. nice. Alcohol is well hidden. A little too sweet for my taste in IPAs and the hops are not my favorite mix, but it is good, just not as great as I’d hoped.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
kreepindeth (404) - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, USA - DEC 26, 2005
Let me start by saying this is not my style of beer. The aroma really impressed me hoppy, fruity, and sweet smelling. Color is almost a perfect transparent copper. Taste is extremely hoppy with some noticeable bitterness in the finish. Hops were luckily not as overpowering as I thought they would be. Alcohol does not make a strong appearance either.

crizay (1050) - Brook Park, Ohio, USA - DEC 24, 2005
Well really all I can say is after having the 60 minute right before this, it was exactly like it but with more alcohol (obviously), but really it tasted the same but with more of a kick.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
kungus (15) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 23, 2005
Among the best DIPA’s I’ve had. Slightly creamy compared to many other DIPA’s. Can sense the alcohol, but it doesn’t seem as potent as it really is. The malt and hops blend nicely while the hops linger very well without being overly acidic.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Birdiebeagle (958) - Perkasie, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 22, 2005
Bottle Pours a cloudy golden yellow with a good off white fizzy head, excellent lacing on the glass and mostly lasting. Aroma is hoppy with a touch grain cereal. Some dough, perfumes, plum, and alcohol. At first taste this was acidic, then it warmed a bit, it became sweet with a touch of bitterness. Light to medium body with a creamy texture and somewhat lively. This is a great beer with a higher abv, it will knock you for a loop but its a great trip.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Krazyjon (11) - Pensacola, Florida, USA - DEC 19, 2005
UPDATED: NOV 21, 2008 This remains one of the best beers I have ever had and certainly the best IIPA slightly ahead of Ruination. After being awed by the 60-min. I expected this to be hop INSANITY, but was surprised at the balance. If I had any willpower at all with this stuff I’d love to try it aged. But that ain’t gonna happen! A truly beautious brew.