overall

RATINGS: 4286   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
wyntastr (10) - Florida, USA - JAN 28, 2005
Thought Iíd enjoy this as we close up the store. Poured a nice golden copper color...clear(filtered), smooth head that fades leaving thin lace clinging to the side of the glass. Nice aroma of fresh hops, not as pronounced or green as the 60 min....This beer tastes fantastic. Almost perfect balance between malty sweetness and hop[ bitterness. You would think this would bite more by the description, but it doesnít. Big mouthfeel rounds out the package. Flavor, flavor, and more flavor....Outstanding

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
mookie (45) - Tacoland, Texas, USA - JAN 27, 2005
huge hop aroma. nice gold color, few bubbles. bottle conditioned? i doubt it, but iíve been wrong before. i like better than 60 minute but thatís not saying alot. this ipa is sweet and finishes with a cloying sweetness. i like an ipa that shows dry malt. 90 minute is not solid, only strong in hop flavor and aroma and alcohol strength. once again iím glad i bought only a single. dogfish head is a cool name though.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
GregClow (2910) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 27, 2005
Deep, brilliant golden-orange colour. Big hop aroma - slightly medicinal, but very appetizing. Flavour is as bracingly bitter as I expected, but is also surprisingly well balanced, with some caramel and fruit notes coming up the rear. Got even better as it warmed up. Fantastic.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Cletus (6354) - Connecticut, USA - JAN 26, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 22, 2010 Pours a dark gold in color with a healthy head that lingers for some time allowing for some excellent lacing. Very nice hoppy taste with caramel undertones. By far my favorite IPA and one of my favorite beers.

Update 8/7/08: Iíve sampled this beer so many times over the years and it is still my go to even after all this time. This is the quintessential IIPA for me.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
piwodevo (53) - chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 22, 2005
liquid Dutch hydro THC. sticky cream head, brilliant honey colored body, full range of hop bitterness/flavor/aroma. stellar. best at 60F.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
ARMed (608) - Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 22, 2005
Absolutely terrible aroma. I could not drink the beer due to the smell. Taste was nice and crisp with a ton of flavor. Good balance and nice hopiness. No my cup of tea.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
GuilTTy (728) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - JAN 21, 2005
Deep amber/bronze with a rocky off white head and good lacing. Hops out front of the aroma (as expected). Nice malty and apple sweet aroma as well. For an aggressively hoppy IPA, this one is also extremely well balanced. Some very hoppy IPAs are so far out of balance that they become unappealing - not the case here. Bracingly bitter but still clean finish to round out a great IPA!

RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 20, 2005
Certainly one of the top three IPAs Iíve ever had. Strong delicious Hops presence in the aroma, texture, flavor and finish. Absolutely one of the best.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
erod61 (31) - Bangor WI, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 18, 2005
Iím not usually a big fan of IPAís. This was my first DFH and it makes me rethink my position on IPAís. I found the beautiful copper color and the piney citrusy aroma gave away the wonderful taste to follow. I have three more in the cellar to look forward to!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bockyhorsey (2610) - Mesa, Arizona, USA - JAN 17, 2005
First beer had at a beer festival. Good head and gold in color. Noticed a fruity aroma and beer went down fast because by smell I knew I would like this one right from the start.