overall

RATINGS: 4423   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jcr (2346) - Jasper, Indiana, USA - JUL 23, 2005
Aroma greets you with hops and malts - citrus, caramel. A pleasant sweetness of caramel rides on top of the bittering hops as you sip and swallow. Slight afterglow of alcohol. This is one well-crafted IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jon123 (36) - Emmaus, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 18, 2005
I agree with the reviewer a few lines below....I enjoy the 60 minute IPA better. The 90 minute IPA has more of a malt finish to help balance the heaps or hops. Any way you slice it, Dogfish Head makes great tasting beer!

Saarlander (1686) - Saarlouis, GERMANY - JUL 18, 2005
Loved this beer, even though it was sweeter than I thought it would be, it worked, very balanced, alcohol was hidden well. I enjoyed it at a warmer temperature. Canít wait to have it again!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BrewDad (5117) - Olympia, Washington, USA - JUL 16, 2005
A great beer. Sam really hit the hops on this 90 minute IPA. had a strong finish and a great overall color. I loved the hoppy undertones throughout the beer. Drank this at PIB (Portland International Brewfest)

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
donrajin (233) - Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina, USA - JUL 14, 2005
This is a good IPA, but a little too much over the top hop flavor for me. Not sure if it is too much, or the wrong selection for my taste buds. I preferred the 60 min. better.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TURDFERGUSON (4024) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - JUL 11, 2005
UPDATED: OCT 30, 2006 very good in the bottle...even better on tap. i know this is true for most beers, but you can really taste the difference in the hop presence when its fresh from the keg.

dogfishhead (3) - TINLEY PARK, Illinois, USA - JUL 10, 2005 does not count
I think the 90 minute is the perfect IMPERIAL IPA that can be found in the bottle. I usually drink it in the big bomber bottle. I was amazed to discover that this beer is as good as the best IPAS you will find on tap. In many bottled IPAS the beer is much different than on tap. There tends to be an excess of bitterness and lack of malt balance. However, the 90 minute is very well balanced with the hops not overtaking the malt. Also, there was no diacetyl or oxidation in any of the bomber bottles I have tasted. --------&# DONAHUE

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
zug4abby (287) - San Diego, California, USA - JUL 10, 2005
i have enojyed this beer both in the bottle and on tap and it is a good variety of smells and flavors. very hoppy taste through-out and absolutely MUST sit for a few minutes before drinking.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
LawofCreation (8) - Memphis, Tennessee, USA - JUL 8, 2005 does not count
Wow....this stuff wasnít even cold and it was awesome. Out of the bottle, the head is about 1/2" and fades to 1/8" thru the glass. Laces the glass all nice and pretty like. Pours an amber color with slight carbonation....still, not enough to tingle your tounge enough to the point that you canít taste the beer. Going down the gullet, well itís thick, I canít really place the tase (newb) and has an ever so slightly bitter finish, but not enough for me to complain. This stuff is 9%? Wow, this is an awesome beer that I would definitely try again. Yet another great from Dogfish Head.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
LJBrewing (22) - Anchorage, Alaska, USA - JUL 7, 2005
This takes big brews right to the edge, without going over (Unlike Stone). Nice aroma, good balnce on the IBUís considering the level of alcohol. Some slight chill haze noted, maybe due to the 9% alc/vol. What an Imperial IPA should be. One of my top 10 IPAís.