overall

RATINGS: 4331   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
SkyinBrian (430) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - JUL 3, 2004
a great ipa. well balanced, and more complex than the 120 minute. hops continue to kick your butt even as it warms up a little

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Inveigler (371) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - JUN 29, 2004
I never thought I would try any IPA (or variety thereof) that would have Two-Hearted against the ropes. Truly brilliant first-class beer. Some piney earthiness in the nose. Sour metallic flavors hit early on, but they are soon settled with a nice malt syrup mouthfeel. I am suprised to hear others call this unbalanced. This is a well-crafted beer with dynamic personality.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
scraff (2121) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JUN 28, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 14, 2006 Canít believe I never rated the 90 Min. Itís still one of my favorites to date. Deep orange, creamy white head. Nose is rich pine, spruce, spiced grapefruit, caramel, and a hint of earth. Bitter citric hops and sweet malt chime in with big flavors that provide great balance. Full bodied, syrupy, soft carbonation, bitter-sweet finish. Soooo freakin good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
CamdenD (1110) - Madrid, SPAIN - JUN 25, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 30, 2005 I guess I miss the boat on this IPA. I liked it out of the 750ml bottle, but out of the 12 oz it is overwhelmingly sweet to hide the 9%, I assume. Love the idea of the IIPA, but I prefer the Ruination. (7/4/4/3/14: 3.2) ReRate (Last Day of June 2005): Beautiful on tap -- and will enjoy this frequently at this new "dive" bar -- for $3.50 a pint!! For whatever reason now since, I even enjoy this baby in the bottle moreso -- it seems less sweet and less "sticky." I love the more understated hoppiness to this. Itís amazing what a year can do.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - JUN 24, 2004
Gold Goloring. Good Head. Hoppy I would say Henry! Dees ees Gude yah? Would keep this in stock...excited to try the 120

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
spkldhenlvr24 (517) - Newburgh/Buffalo, New York, USA - JUN 22, 2004
I donít know what it was, but something about this aroma was weird. Very metallic, hoppy. I donít think it really mattered once you got a good taste. Light amber, golden color with a good size head. Great hoppy flavor. I need to try again. Iíll be back for this.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
millerclmb (44) - Boulder, Missouri, USA - JUN 21, 2004
Intoxicating aroma...the appearance did not call out "dirnk me" but the aroma drew me like a tantilizing mistress. It seems best to drink it very slowly because the taste is intense and becomes a little syrupy if your donít take your time. It is like drinking a perfectly balanced flower. Not as good as the Hercules for me but one of the best imperial IPAs Iíve had.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Gorbalev (2966) - Ontario, CANADA - JUN 18, 2004
UPDATED: MAY 11, 2006 Re-rate from a bottle I got in a trade with Hogtown Harry. Lovely hop aroma, small tan head. Great hop taste, tons of malt, I really enjoyed this a lot more than a couple of years ago. I found it really nicely balanced with no hint of the alcohol. Iíll take the 60 as a session, but if I want a perfectly balanced double IPA, this is the one. Thanks Harry! Original 8/4/5/3/14 Bottle. Fantastic orange colour, small head that dissipates quickly. Lots of citrus hops right off the bat in the aroma. First taste is surprising Ė there is a lot more body to this than I was expecting. But I found it very syrupy Ė it certainly balanced off the hops, which I really enjoyed in the taste Ė yes, they were aggressive, especially in the finish, but I thought they totally made the beer. What I didnít like was the overpowering alcoholĖlike syrupy taste I got. So overall, certainly a good beer, one of the best Iíve tasted for taming a tremendous amount of hops, but the balance isnít quite there.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Mads Langtved (2244) - Copenhagen K, DENMARK - JUN 16, 2004
This is a brutal one. A bit too alcoholic and aggressive. However i like the extreme amount of hops in this beer. Interesting and worth dribking again.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - JUN 14, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 17, 2004 Comparing the Stone IPA I just had with this Dogfish 90 Double IPA. Stone was Excellent, Dogfish is even better!!! Wanted to save some of these for Milestones but posting made me rethink cellaring this one for too long a time period. Dark Amber out of bottle Hoppy, Sweet, Potent, Intense. Believe it or not I like this better than Dreadnaught!!! Very nice beer. Iím glad I bought all these from Vintage Cellar and they were available. This is truly a great Beer. Dogfish just a wee bit better than Stone Ruination.