RATINGS: 4457   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Mangino (1027) - Mississippi, USA - JAN 7, 2005
Pours a clear light orange with amberous tones to it. Aroma of stale tobacco, grass, and lemon and pine. Flavor is dominated by what I can only describe as "stale hops". Not sure exactly, but the flavor remains pleasent. Palate is pleasent. Very dry finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Spliffy (55) - Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, USA - JAN 6, 2005
Wicked Brew! Cant’ wait to try the 120 if I can get it. Great hops and a bit of citrus in there. Love to drink it nice and slow!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Odeed (1798) - Bakersfield, California, USA - JAN 5, 2005
i poured the 90 min. into my snifter glass.i was very impresed by the color of this brew.it was a nice translucent orange.i didnt get anything as far as head.just a ring around the snifter glass.the aroma gave me blends of banana,and vanilla.i was very surprised by the tatse.it did have a hop character,but not like any other ipa i have had. i got flavors of honey,caramel,and then some hops.even though this is nothing like any other ipa i have had,its still really good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
StewardofGondor (1934) - Washington Heights - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - JAN 3, 2005
Awesome beer that started off my eve before New Years Eve. Moderate head, about 1/3". Smells sweet, smooth and crisp. Color is calming; an easy amber brown. "Holy crap" was what went through my mind as I took the first sip. Tastes of honey, alcohol and lemons. Mouth watering and semi-citrusy; very sharp. Grassy and bitter afterbite, making me pucker up. You could feel the alcohol resonate with the finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
RateandPillage (426) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - JAN 2, 2005
Nice hoppy aroma, but could use a little more dry hopping. Golden to Amber and slightly hazy in appearance. Very heavy malty flavor. Balances more toward the malt than the hops. I get a slightly strange aftertaste. Another rating said metallic, and that is what it feels like. Warmth from the alcohol content. Overall, not bad but I would rather go with a hoppier regular IPA or an Imperial IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jde123 (768) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - DEC 31, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 2, 2005 Pours amber with a bubbly countenance. Forthright aroma, punches you in the face, but not overly sweet. Very silky and rounded palate, decent enoguh flavor, but seems to have been brewed with a quixotic detachment better relegated to lesser imperial IPAs.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Cdog (32) - Farmington, Michigan, USA - DEC 30, 2004
A good IPA but not my favorite. I got a little metal taste after every drink. Not a nasty metal but a lingering taste on the sides of my taste buds.

MillStreetMan (152) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - DEC 30, 2004
This is easily one of the best IPAs available. This is a more accomplished IPA than the 120 minute, which probably suffered from overkill. The hops are strong, but remain balanced. The finish is strong, but clean, with a slightly lingering caramel flavour.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
cfranz (261) - Acton, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 28, 2004
While trying to smell this I got some up my nose. Sometimes I feel like a total moron. Hoppy New Year! Dogfish seem to know what they are doing. They could slap their label on a bottle of floor cleaner and I would probably taste it (and rate it a 4.1) I’m waiting for the 150 minute IPA (next logical progression).

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
brewshthereen (316) - Oregon, USA - DEC 27, 2004
Poures a very inviting amber/orange with a quickly thinning off white head. Sappy pine, hard candy sweet, thickish aroma. Very rich and chewy mouthfeel. Sticky sweet maltiness, fruity, toffee, almost rum-cake like. Although the alcohol is evident, it is still very smooth and easy drinking. This is easily one of my new favorite beers. Try it.