RATINGS: 4476   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jmuhops (669) - Winchester, Virginia, USA - OCT 20, 2004
Bottle. Pours orangish-amber with a small-medium sized head. Wonderful citrus hop aroma--a barely detectable alcohol burn in the nose. Flavor is very good, not over the top as I expected. Well-balanced with a dry finish. Excellent.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Sancho (245) - Da Bronx, New York, USA - OCT 17, 2004
UPDATED: MAR 4, 2008 Bottle from 23rd Street, Aroma of sweet hops ,citrius grapefruit. Medium body kinda syrupy.pine hoppy flava not malt in there somewhere.BEAST

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
tiggmtl (4545) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - OCT 16, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 26, 2005 Eye-watering hop nose includes pine, orange/tangerine citrus and suede. Clear copper coloured body with white head that recedes to thin cover with some patchy lacing. Pine, orange, woody notes to the aggressive hop flavour that is cut by a sugary sweetness with finishing bitterness that seems comparatively light. Medium-full body and tingling mouthfeel. An interesting offering but altogether far too sweet for my taste. Must say I prefer either the 60 or 120 minute versions. Sampled on draft at The Moan and Dove (Amherst, Mass) with MartinT and Rastacouere. Resampled a few times since both from the bottle and on tap and with each time I try this one, I find I like it less. The sweetness becomes cloying and overpowering.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DUbrew (49) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 14, 2004
Good IPA. Definetly not a Three Floydís, but this beer has a good flavor. Citrus with a hint of alchohol. Hoppy, with a lingering fruity finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
alaskanwarren (286) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 13, 2004
Classic. A delicious IPA with a well-rounded, non-intrusive hops. A bit overly-citrusy, but over all, itís a great balance between smooth and bitter. Itís a step above the 60min in smoothness - not as grapefruity.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 14/20
BJM8 (17) - USA - OCT 11, 2004
Maybe itís me, but these Dogfish Head beers donít do it for me. I find them wildly overrated. Overly citrusy, very hoppy, and not a great aftertaste at all. Iím disappointed...no comparison to Stone IPA.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
ricardowess (25) - Sedona, Arizona, USA - OCT 11, 2004
Clear IPA with beautiful honey color and a creamy (smallish) head. Smells of maple and tastes like caramel malts. Malts head off the aftertaste of this hoppy concoction. Thanks to my brother for sending it via USPS!!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Gmku (296) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - OCT 9, 2004
Wow. I know this has a great rep, but I guess I donít entirely get the whole superabundant hop trend. Seems really harsh to me, and I generally think of myself as a hophead. Iím glad to have some on hand, and itís certainly a tasty beer--thereís enough malt to keep it drinkable, and the ensuing 9%ABV beer buzz from my 12 oz bottle was pleasant. I just donít enjoy getting the roof of my mouth ripped to shreds by those hop soldiers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
canary dog (715) - Rutland, Vermont, USA - OCT 6, 2004
A good quality strong beer, as is most of Dogfish Headís products. However, I just canít enjoy too much of this style anymore: strong, citrusy hops that are presented in an almost thick and sweet cloying fashion. Drink only 1 bottle per session.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
adwoan99 (244) - Ft. Worth, Texas, USA - OCT 6, 2004
Pours a nice ruby, with a decent head. Pronounced flavour is mostly hoppy, but well-balanced with some fruity cherry and pear notes. Aroma is also mostly hoppy, but has some fruity notes as well.