overall

RATINGS: 4406   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jimmack (1223) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - JUL 11, 2004
Amber/orange with a medium white head. Aroma of rosemary and hops. Somewhat malty/sweet at first then finishing with a nice hop kick. Alcohol is well hidden.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
LiamPatrick16 (124) - Montgomery, New York, USA - JUL 10, 2004
UPDATED: AUG 10, 2004 poured clear amber. the alcohol% was hidden better then other high percentage beers. the consistency was oily and it seemed to slide around in your mouth. NIce fruity taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
slimweebs (163) - Los Angeles, California, USA - JUL 6, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 16, 2010 Had a very nice balance for such a strongly hoppy beer. The finish is pretty bitter as well. Definitely a beer you need to sip, as the flavors are very intense. The high alcohol content is hidden very well. Had a nice sweet aroma and above average mouth feel. If youíre in the mood for a very strong, but well-balanced IPA, this is one of the best!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
11026 (1772) - Alabama, USA - JUL 5, 2004
Bottle. Poured a thin head, orange in color. Aroma is malty with a little hop. Taste is initially malty and then a nice juicy, piney flavor. Good, and I would not hesitate to drink this again, but I am going with Dreadnaught

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
eraserhd10 (226) - new haven, Connecticut, USA - JUL 3, 2004
Didnít really like all that much. It was okay, I just feel its terribly overrated! Very hopsy. Tasted like bongwater!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
SkyinBrian (430) - Saint Louis, Missouri, USA - JUL 3, 2004
a great ipa. well balanced, and more complex than the 120 minute. hops continue to kick your butt even as it warms up a little

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Inveigler (371) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - JUN 29, 2004
I never thought I would try any IPA (or variety thereof) that would have Two-Hearted against the ropes. Truly brilliant first-class beer. Some piney earthiness in the nose. Sour metallic flavors hit early on, but they are soon settled with a nice malt syrup mouthfeel. I am suprised to hear others call this unbalanced. This is a well-crafted beer with dynamic personality.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
scraff (2121) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - JUN 28, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 14, 2006 Canít believe I never rated the 90 Min. Itís still one of my favorites to date. Deep orange, creamy white head. Nose is rich pine, spruce, spiced grapefruit, caramel, and a hint of earth. Bitter citric hops and sweet malt chime in with big flavors that provide great balance. Full bodied, syrupy, soft carbonation, bitter-sweet finish. Soooo freakin good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
CamdenD (1113) - Madrid, SPAIN - JUN 25, 2004
UPDATED: JUL 30, 2005 I guess I miss the boat on this IPA. I liked it out of the 750ml bottle, but out of the 12 oz it is overwhelmingly sweet to hide the 9%, I assume. Love the idea of the IIPA, but I prefer the Ruination. (7/4/4/3/14: 3.2) ReRate (Last Day of June 2005): Beautiful on tap -- and will enjoy this frequently at this new "dive" bar -- for $3.50 a pint!! For whatever reason now since, I even enjoy this baby in the bottle moreso -- it seems less sweet and less "sticky." I love the more understated hoppiness to this. Itís amazing what a year can do.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
robertsreality (2460) - Minnesota, USA - JUN 24, 2004
Gold Goloring. Good Head. Hoppy I would say Henry! Dees ees Gude yah? Would keep this in stock...excited to try the 120