overall

RATINGS: 4191   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
guil0000 (246) - New Brunswick, CANADA - JUN 15, 2014
Pours a hazy golden yellow color with a small white head. Nose of grapefruit mainly with some other citrus some floral hops. Taste is mainly sweet malts, with some hoppy finish. Not overly hoppy just perfect balance.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
cafgen (120) - California, USA - JUN 14, 2014
Light amber color with a two finger head. Aroma is citrus, floral and slight caramel. Taste is citrus with a nice balance hoppy and sweet taste. A slight taste of alcohol in the end but a good IPA for sure. The warmer the beer it gets, the more you taste the alcohol. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Matt_Foran (11) - Wilmington, Delaware, USA - JUN 14, 2014
Dark amber color with a very floral and citrus hop aroma. Malty backbone with enough hops characteristics to even the balance out. Very drinkable and delicious!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
crlnts (200) - SWITZERLAND - JUN 14, 2014
Clear yellow-orange. Small off-white head. Sweet and hoppy aroma, lemon bonbon. Caramel - a bit too sugary for my taste (or I’m starting to dislike DIPA). Harsh bitterness lingering. Sticky, syrupy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
hockeybeerguy (1599) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - JUN 11, 2014
Consumed over a multiple amount of times in my life, here is my take on this wonderful DIPA. I’ve had this in snifters, tulips and chalices and for the most part it’s always been the same smell and look. The appearance was a nice hazy golden yellow to orange color with a one finger white foamy head that dies within about a minute and leaves some good somewhat sticky lacing. The aroma has always been powerful through sweet caramel malts combined with a super nice sweet bittersweet citrus to light piney hoppiness. The taste has always been a super nice long bittersweet citrusy caramel flavoring. On the palate, this one sits about a medium on the body with a nice structured sessionability. I want to sip it but often find myself constantly picking up the glass. Overall, this was one of my first DIPA’s I ever had and if I could ever get it again I would in a heartbeat.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Percy0103 (94) - MEXICO - JUN 9, 2014
Bottle 355ml. A golden beer with a creamy head. Aroma is faint, but I have a cold so I can´t be sure. This beer is bitter and it has a strong alcohol taste, but overall it is well-balanced. I tried Dogfish´s 60 minutes and Dogfish´s Midas Touch, but this beer is my favorite from this brewery. Really good beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jabain (6) - Jupiter, Florida, USA - JUN 6, 2014 does not count
Decent head Refreshing for an IPA As critics hail, probably the best IPA I've tried. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
maximet (42) - Quebec, CANADA - JUN 6, 2014
Reddish golden, small off white foam. Sweet malt, bread, citrus. Very resinous, citrus come in at the end. Not to hoppy, sweetness take a lot of place. Well balanced, great one

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Tselloufc88 (83) - Coventry, West Midlands, ENGLAND - JUN 5, 2014
Keg at Pub 1842, MGM Grand Las Vegas. Aromas of tropical fruits and grapefruit; incredibly bitter taste with plenty of grapefruit tropical fruits and caramel. Very good!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
highlandlad (1412) - Blue Mountains, AUSTRALIA - JUN 3, 2014
Lives up to the hype, for mine. A sweet, smooth high-gravity IPA with bitterness that complements the malt sugars rather than overwhelming them. Similar to a barley wine in terms of the food-pairing opportunities. Bronze with a thick, lacing head. Aroma of boiled lollies, golden syrup, sherbet lemons, faint cinnamon (?) - sweet but not in an ’Uh-oh’ sort of a way. Lovely oily body. Needs the hop bill to counter the sugars, imo. Otherwise I would find this too sweet. The malts dominate the middle and then there’s a big piney, minty, finish. Not as hop-heavy as I expected. Guess expectations increase with every high-IBU release. (12fl oz bottle from Leura Cellars)