overall

RATINGS: 4255   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
schm1005 (151) - Seattle, Washington, USA - NOV 13, 2002
This is a great IPA, tastes like an Imperial IPA. The hops are thick and flavorful all the way through. The flavor lingers in your mouth with the hopped maltiness sticking to your tongue. Slight alcohol flavor mixed in underneath the bitterness. This beer is pure IPA and it does not let you forget it for one second!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - NOV 13, 2002
UPDATED: DEC 31, 2003 Started off with a nice big head and fruity aroma. At first, each sip is thick and sweet and ......whoah, here comes the hops, strong, piney, warming, lightly burning, sticky....the sweetness fades, but the thickness remains... A more "traditional" styled IPA, similar, but brighter than, Stoudts. This is some good hop juice!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
JohnC (3000) - Mission Viejo, California, USA - NOV 12, 2002
no head, amber color, lots of citrus/pine hops up front clean finish.

Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 12, 2002
My own personal "quest" for finding 90 Minute IPA was just as great as the beer. For some time, I was not able to find this beer, and then when a case became available, it was scoffed up before I could buy it. Ok, now finally to the beer. I picked up the crazy labeled beer yesterday at my favorite restaurant, Cooperís and popped the cork. Immediately, I was hit with a huge hop aroma. The beer poured a very deep gold color and was somewhat hazy. The half inch egg white head lasted and laced the whole way down the glass. The tasted was hoppy, of course, but as it warmed, a nice maltiness became apparent to balance the taste. It also finished very creamy as my mouth became accustomed to the hops. This is a amazing beer and well deserving of a perfect score. I know that many of you hate to give perfect score, but I think that can be justified for a beer that is just as great to drink as it was hard to find.

Jayb0 (1031) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - NOV 12, 2002
Kick-ass IPA. Clears out your mouth, nasal paassages, etc. A good beer for after dinner. Super assertive but well-balanced for the ABV.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
AustinMilbarge (681) - Denver, Colorado, USA - NOV 9, 2002
I shared a bottle of this with my buddy a few months back to sort of celebrate the end of work for the summer. So when I came across a bottle out here in CO I picked it up to save it for a worthwhile event. Unfortunately, it wasnít as happy as the last one, but I figure the best way to start a night of drinking after a break-up is with a good bottle of brew. Hoppy aroma, not surprisingly. Lasting creamy head. Golden amber in color. A hoppy blast from start to finish. Not nearly as bitter as Iíd expect given the amount of hops. This is one my very favorites. Oh, and itís not very apparent that this beer is 9%, well concealed.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
BIG746 (13) - Hockessin, Delaware, USA - NOV 5, 2002
I love this brew! Wonderful balance between the malt and hops. Every time Iím at the store I grab two of these, I just have to!

kyzr (1152) - Belgrade, Montana, USA - OCT 28, 2002
Nice rich frothy head atop a great copper colored ale. Huge hops up front, good citrus in the middle and more hops on the finish. Well worth the $!

Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - OCT 28, 2002
Golden orange copper color, lasting creamy white head. Fresh spring-like aroma. Hops hit you right from the start and stay till the finish and beyond. Alcohol is well hidden in the taste. Good stuff!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
JCW (1274) - Cincinnati, Ohio, USA - OCT 22, 2002
UPDATED: JUN 5, 2003 It's got a nice aroma, I can really smell the hops. It has great balanced between hops and malt. It has a sweet taste, with not much finish. Very good IPA overall, but being a hops head a little more hops would have been fine with me.