overall

RATINGS: 4373   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

RobGerman (2) - - JAN 12, 2015 does not count
This is truly the perfect Imperial IPA. From the appearance to the aroma, this beer captures everything this style should. The malt profile is just enough to complement the tremendous amount of wonderful hops.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
yourilevesque (165) - Quebec, CANADA - JAN 12, 2015
IPA wise, this beer is almost perfect for me! Pours an amber/orange liquid. Tiny bubbles going up from the bottom of the glass. One finger medium-foamy head. Appearance is delightful! Aromas of fruity but not citrucy hops. I get pears and peaches. The mouthfeel is really really what got me: a warm wave of fresh fruits invading the mouth and going down the throath. It’s a bit oily, a little sugary but nothing to mmuch - so smooth!!!! The smoothness is overwhelming! I didn’t give this beer a perfect score because to me, perfection doesn’t exist when it comes to describe either food or beer. An fantastic one for me!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Joel (114) - Massachusetts, USA - JAN 12, 2015
UPDATED: JAN 13, 2015 Intense, flowery hops flavors overwhelm the palate. Very slightly sweet, long bitter finish. Strong lingering grapefruit flavors.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Gregmcfish (11) - SCOTLAND - JAN 10, 2015
12fl oz bottle imported by a good buddy. Strong and steady carbonation in a clear poured golden brown. Malted fruit loaf aroma nada massive alcohol punch on the mouth. The hops make their presence felt above the malty backbone and the finishes rounded and bitter. Full on amigo.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
oregontarheel (44) - - JAN 5, 2015
Malty and thick but hoppy. Not too much. Surprisingly smooth for an imperial. Great beer ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Fakdaddy (25) - - JAN 5, 2015
I don't have to be a good day to be a good time to get a new one is the best of luck to ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
LeRoytheAlien (55) - Kennesaw, Georgia, USA - JAN 4, 2015
Fantastic, but a little too much malt for me. Every time I drink this I get the taste of bubblegum. When fresh, ideally, it has a good balance of aromatics and bitterness, and even with some age it holds up. Unique among Imperial IPAs for me, as is most of DFH beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
CVBis007 (53) - - JAN 3, 2015
Pours a gorgeous copper color. The aroma was lighter than expected and somewhat syrupy. The caramel sweet flavor is not my preference, but to its credit is very easy to drink. The glass was empty before I knew it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
MarkoNm (1099) - Novo mesto, SLOVENIA - JAN 1, 2015
Pours an amber color, clear, topped with a decent white head and nice retention. Sweet and malty aroma, lots of caramel notes, some fruity notes as well. Taste is sweet, way too sweet and fruity for my liking, lots of caramel and some spices. Finishes with a bitterness, but again sweetness and malty feel in the aftertaste. Not my favourite.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Turboninja (160) - Tampere, FINLAND - DEC 31, 2014
Medium aroma with fruits, sweet pine and some alcohol. Light golden color with small/medium white head. Strong/medium taste has some sweet and a bit artificial component that masks other flavors like tropical fruits and floral notes. Some alcohol and clear taste of malts. Lots of hops that follows to the aftertaste that also have some malty aromas. Medium taste spectrum. Medium body with light/medium carbonation. Overall nice try with some individual character. Unfortunately, that character is also something that brings the grading down.