overall

RATINGS: 4565   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

klaing's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 15/20
klaing (254) - Florida, USA - JAN 23, 2014
Clear amber with good head. Heady malty aroma with a dry hop perfume. Rich malt taste, very nice, but the hops are off, or my taste buds are, kind of metallic. So great until then. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
portwood (95) - Markham, Ontario, CANADA - JUN 26, 2016
Orange, citrus oils, honey, phenolic. Sharp carbonation, bit boozy, syrupy, Orange peel. Slightly sour, grapefruit pith, resin dryness. No doubt a great beer (probably worth a higher score) but feels boozy/sharp & a bit too syrupy for my taste. (bottled 01/14/16, tasted 04/05/16)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bvvell (11) - Minsk, BELARUS - JUN 15, 2016
Clear dark amber color. Small size, beige head, stays as a ring. Sweet, fruity, malty, caramel, alcohol in aroma. Sweet, caramel, fruity in taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
nilsas (3131) - Bryne, NORWAY - JUN 5, 2016

Lukt: Syrlige frukter og honning.
Utseende: Gyllen.
Skum/kullsyre: Tynt skum.
Smak: Fruktig, noe søtlig.
Hvor: Nydt@Tasting kveld hos Untapped Stokka.
Medium: Flaske@330ml, ABV@9%, Når@04.06.2016

0.9
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 2/20
Johnor3 (3) - YARDLEY, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 3, 2016 does not count
I really wanted to like this considering all the hype. First off let me say that I am 51 years old and started drinking beer in my early teens. This is not like any of the beer back in my day. I suspect the new craze of extreme hops in beer has developed over time in that people who enjoy the hops bitter flavor needed increased amounts of hops to satisfy them. Like someone who tries a some mild hot wings and then graduates to medium, and then to very hot wings. I do not like strong hopped beer. I would not have tried to drink this if I had known, but I did learn this through my first extreme hopped beer experience. If you love this beer, good for you. Beer drinking is all about enjoyment. I have a different palate than most and prefer the old school lagers of my day. Cheers and may you find beer truly enjoyable whatever you choose!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
markextrae (3335) - Maastricht, NETHERLANDS - JUN 1, 2016
bottle shared with a friend. poured a clear dark amber colour with an off head. nose has a lot, but i mean a lot of malts. and imo it’s showing no signs of an ipa whatsoever, slight earthy notes, riped banana, cloves, and caramel. taste is not as bitter aswell. overdone? not a big fan

Bernstein (4) - - MAY 31, 2016 does not count
A - Pours a light to medium caramel color with a nice thick white head, moderate carbonation. A - Toasted caramel malt with some juicy citrus aroma. T - Toasted caramel malt base from start to finish with grapefruit citrus and oily pine resin over the top, finished with a lingering pine bitterness to even out the toasted malt sweetness. The ABV is well hidden and deceptive. P - Full medium body. O - This beer is all about "balance" (at least coming from this keg it was. ’Cellars quite well also!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
IvanMoscow (13) - Moscow, RUSSIA - MAY 30, 2016
The thing I was not ready for was the malts in this thing. Holy cow. Lots of carbonation. LOTS. Very attractive Amber color. Nice head retention. Sexy lacing. Smell is just of a hop-forward beer but the taste is where it stands out from the rest. Piney resin with a malty sweet, thick feel. Also a slow sipper for sure.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Samact (25) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - MAY 29, 2016
Bière complexe avec une belle présence de sucre, de résine, de caramel, et d’épices. Peut-être trop sucré par contre. J’ai l’impression d’avoir dégusté un barley wine plus qu’une impériale IPA... bien.

tkenvin (4) - Walpole, Alabama, USA - MAY 28, 2016 does not count
Probably my favorite brew on the planet. Seriously. I try many others but always come home to Dogfish. Heading the Delaware is like a religious pilgrimage.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
HansHuber (11) - Baden-Württemberg, GERMANY - MAY 28, 2016
The flavor is strong and the finish is smooth. All hop-heads need not apply as this is a great balanced beer with no hint of the 9% alcohol it delivers. Great aroma and a very strong, yet enjoyable beer. I can’t find anything I don’t like about it. The bitterness and high ABV are not that prominent. A few of these will really sneak up on you. A slow sipper for sure.