RATINGS: 4476   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

Lightrider's rating

Lightrider (328) - Bristol, Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 25, 2013
Bottle into a ale glass. Pour is a amber gold with a thick head. Aroma is straight sweet spring bitter grass. Taste is heavy malt and sweet hop. Finish is a wash of tastes and feels. This is a great ipa, one of the best.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
OrthoDoc (53) - South Carolina, USA - NOV 29, 2015
Not my kind of ipa. Very faint hop citrus smell and taste. Mostly malt on the nose and taste. Very smooth drinking but not enough bitterness or hop profile. Would not buy again unless only craft beer option. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
mR_fr0g (6536) - Hertfordshire, ENGLAND - NOV 27, 2015
Bottle at home in sf. From trader joes. Mostly clear holden golden coloured pour with a lasting small white head. Aroma is grainy, nutty, jammy fruit, spicy hop, whiff of hot alcohol. Earthy caramel on the nose well. Flavour is composed of grainy, light caramel, orange peel, jammy fruit, pine, spicy pine needle, solvent. Harsh alcohol in the finish. Palate is medium bodied, highish carbonation. Lingering hot alcohol. I donít see the point in this beer. Why do I need this much boost?

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Obfuscate (337) - Minneapolis, - NOV 25, 2015
UPDATED: NOV 26, 2015 Really good, finally got to get my hands on one with my Brother in law in town. Super clean, not that bitter and maltier than I would have thought but plenty of clean tropical hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
drsandman (706) - New York, USA - NOV 24, 2015
Aboard Amtrak. Pours a super clear Amber, slightly off white medium white head. Aroma is dank pine, citrus, cracker malt, booze, floral hop. Flavor is med sweet, bready malt, pine, citrus, floral notes. Medium / big body, lasting bitter mouthfeel. Classic classic stuff.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
tysongillmore (358) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 21, 2015
If I'm gonna have an IPA it needs to be like this one. Not the traditional IPA with pine sol added but a nice blend of hops and malt. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Clarkdvm (322) - Florida, USA - NOV 21, 2015
Draft. Just plain good. Wouldnít have guessed was ipa. Malty aroma. Slight malty flavor but so rich. Not sure why Iím not giving 5 stars

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
martin00sr (1809) - Haderslev, DENMARK - NOV 21, 2015
Hazy amber, small and dense offwhite head. Aroma has peach, pine and caramel. Malty, caramely flavour, notes of dried fruit and glue. Creamy mouthfeel with just a tiny alcohol bite. Good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Powderfin (4) - Minnesota, USA - NOV 16, 2015 does not count
Love it and Iím not ashamed. Itís a great imperial IPA. I canít say anything about taste that hasnít already been said, but I will say this is in my top 5 IPAs. Itís really good, always. A little buzzed on my second one as I type this...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
MaltOne (288) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 12, 2015
Pours hay butterscotch, brief white head, but sustained shore cap. Aroma sweet biscuit, shortbread, resin hops, and first hints of ripe fruit. Taste starts surprisingly sweet, but evolves into a drier, more hops, profile with subtle rich dried fruit note that lingers. Lots of entertaining complexity, that earns the Imperial in the name. Overall its sweeter the I would expect from an I IPA but the complexity it offers make if outstanding. It reminds me of "old ales" in its richness, that plum pudding taste in the later moments that linger on the palate. The hops play a tempering role, keeping it an IPA.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
BeerRenter76 (426) - Texas, USA - NOV 11, 2015
The 60 min was pretty darn good and after reading reviews i bought a single to give the 90 a spin. Disappointed is the word that comes to mind, Although it looked good (color, head and lacing.) The aroma was almost non-existant and the taste was one of burnt barley, the hops were hardly noticeable. After trying this a few times over the past few years it just hasnt done anything for me