overall

RATINGS: 4203   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
dorkasaurus (15) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - FEB 2, 2003
The label grabbed me and the beer hooked me. The hops are huge and forward but in no way overbearing. Finish is clean and not too sharp as some pales can be. I love this one but the price is going crazy in our area!?!?!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Pabobcat (15) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 9, 2003
Beautiful ice cream soda like head, smell the cascade hops overwelms as it reaches your lips! The bitterness stays until it burns out down the back of your throat! I like it!!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
IFearNoBeer (15) - Bloomfield, New Jersey, USA - OCT 3, 2003
This was the 90-minute Imperial IPA. Man, is this good stuff. I've heard it described as oily and that's an accurate description. Thick and bitter. EXCELLENT stuff. A couple of these in the evening and I fall asleep!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
NewYawker (15) - New York, New York, USA - MAR 21, 2004
On tap at Spuyten Duyvil in Brooklyn. I was kicked for not liking this brew, but it isn't all that and a bag of chips to me, anyway. Kind of copper colored, decent head. Smells nice and flowery. The viscosity is a problem for me, and the hops were way too over strong for my taste. Can't enjoy more than a couple of sips.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
chrisfrey (15) - Franklin, Wisconsin, USA - JUN 4, 2005
Nice yeasty aroma, you can smell the alcohol. Nice fruity flavor with clean, bitter aftertaste. Even though you can smell the alcohol, there is not much taste of it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
kungus (15) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 23, 2005
Among the best DIPA’s I’ve had. Slightly creamy compared to many other DIPA’s. Can sense the alcohol, but it doesn’t seem as potent as it really is. The malt and hops blend nicely while the hops linger very well without being overly acidic.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
tsgrayson (15) - Bainbridge Island, Washington, USA - FEB 1, 2006
Serve in a Sifter? Do you really want me to go there? Dont forget to put your pinky out! Dark clean beer...Intense flavor...good ABV. Nothing lacking in terms of taste, flavor, color, or appearnance. One of the best of the best with a great finish. Darn you four pack!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
drubel2 (15) - Champaign, Illinois, USA - FEB 7, 2008
Bottle from Piccadilly in Champaign, IL. Brilliant amber body with a slight, off-white head. Fruity, obvious hop-y aroma. An explosion of hops, with hints of citrus. Excites the mouth with carbonation, and a slight alcohol nose. Excellent IIPA

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jahmokie (15) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - OCT 5, 2009
a great dipa from one of the best stateside brewers. lots of malt in this one (which is not a bad thing in a DIPA) and caramel/molasses notes.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bock Knocker (15) - New Jersey, USA - FEB 16, 2010
Pours a light amber with a decent white head that laces the glass. Has a pleasant aroma with hints of citrus. Goes down with a smooth malty taste since it isn’t overly carbonated and finishes off with a nice bitterness due to the hops.