overall

RATINGS: 4541   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.04/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
vonsolms (38) - Mlv, DENMARK - DEC 6, 2008
On tap at the Dogfish Head pub in Falls Church, Virginia. A truly exceptional IPA. Just when I thought I understood what an IIPA was all about - Titan. This just blew me away. Great balance - the threat of phenol a la single malt scotch, which remains just that, strength and bitterness in perfect harmony. They also serve a black-and-tan with this and Chicory Stout, which is superb. Pity we cannot rate blends on this site.

topher40409 (38) - gainesville, Florida, USA - MAY 8, 2008
bottle. pours a beautiful copper with a small head that quickly turns into a thin film that laces the glass. aroma is light malt masked by grassy, citrusy hops lots of hops. The taste is much like the aroma; quick tickle of carbonation followed by a lot of sweet malt, but in no way cloying, that slowly turns to citrus hops with grassy hops lingering in the finish. one of the BEST double ipas ever

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
davhix (38) - Colorado, USA - DEC 22, 2007
UPDATED: DEC 30, 2007 hmm...expected much more given all the hype about DFH. really beautiful color, very thin and temporary head. aroma has hops (obviously) and another smell i just cant quite put my finger on. but its something decidedly not-beer-like. im a BIG fan of hoppy beers and the pucker finish you get from them, but this just sort of feels like ive been sucking on a halls cough drop. dont think ill buy it again any time soon. got 3 more to try, though...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
chupachups01 (38) - Seoul, SOUTH KOREA - FEB 24, 2016
I wish I head this beer fresh. Bottle 4 months ago so read with a grain of salt. Aroma is caramel, resin, earthy, woody. Quickly disappearing white head. Flavor is light sweetness, complex mouthful. Overall a solid imperial that I wish was fresh.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
toczik (37) - Hollywood, Florida, USA - JUL 7, 2012
I had this beer recommended to.me a while back. However never tried it until today. The aroma is perceived right from the opening of the bottle. Modest head. Rich golden color and the taste is superb. You can really taste the roasted dry hops. Really enjoyable. Cheers!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
TopherJackson (37) - Houston, Texas, USA - JUL 31, 2009
Pours a deep amber. Smells like pine sap and malt. For 9% it hides it pretty well. Potent but smooth. Fruity notes but I cant place them. Great IPA!!!

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
Lithp (37) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 18, 2012
UPDATED: FEB 22, 2012 Pours a dark copper color with a 1 finger head. Smell of citrus and hops. Taste is pretty sweet, citrus, floral notes....very good IPA. A lot of people love this beer and I can see why.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
hopsessed (37) - Kansas, USA - SEP 7, 2010
This is the closest thing to a perfect IPA I have ever tasted. I REALLY wish they would distribute their fine, fine ales in Kansas. I get really sick of having to take a trunkload back from Colorado/Tennessee whenever we roadtrip. I love this beer!!! 60 minute, not enough. 120 over the top. 90 is perfection.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
mrbirmingham (37) - Kansas, USA - JAN 26, 2009
Served in a 12 oz bottle, 9% ABV Aroma: Earthy aroma, clean sensation with mild fruitiness Appearance: Deep copper color, some haze, off white head, with medium lacing and mild carbonation Flavor: Complex hop profile, well balanced between the hoppiness and malt back bone, low fruitiness Mouth feel: Crisp feel on the tongue, medium-full body, medium dry finish, mile residual mouth feel (body) in the after taste Overall Impression: Classic balance between the high hoppiness and malt back bone. It is a very drinkable a beer and a joy to drink.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 12/20
SamAdams777 (37) - Abilene or Stephenville, Texas, USA - SEP 7, 2008
Im a fan of IPAs, so I was really hyped for this one. I like the body, and palate, when warmer the high abv is fairly powerful. Citrus, flowers, bitter as you would think. I enjoy it.