overall

RATINGS: 4186   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
R6master (15) - Texas, USA - JUN 8, 2009
Not my personal favorite. Taste is very blunt and stays in your mouth even after. Bitter yet sweet. Too sweet for me. Kind of a chocolaty taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
NCBeerBoy (15) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - OCT 7, 2009
I love the 90 Minute from Dogfish Head. This beer is so good! Floral and hoppy with the perfect amount of hops. Just wish it was sold in 12 oz.

THiS (15) - Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 10, 2010
perfect. dont read about it, drink it. see for yourself. i would, however, like to try one of these on draught, poured through randall the enamel animal. you hear me, craft ale house?

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
case4816 (15) - Ontario, CANADA - OCT 3, 2010
A- Poured into Snifter. Nice Golden Auburn, Orangery colour. Clear as well. Nice foamy head that lingered fairly long. S- Super hoppy. Wonderful smell the hops are very floral and heavy. Also picking up lots of fruity smells. Apricot seems to be present, along with what seems like berries (strawberries, raspberries) T- Very Sweet. the hops are wonderful, far better than the 60 min. The fruity flavour comes out with the hops and blends with them very nicely. There is also a hint of some citrus flavours. The beer has a very smooth mouth feel as well and sits in the mouth nice and somewhat creamy texture. There is very little bitterness to be had as well in the after taste, also an improvement over the 60 min. D- Definitely one of the best ipa’s out there. Hops and fruitiness and balanced very well to make for a beer that is very enjoyable to drink.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
AMBeer (15) - USA - NOV 1, 2010
My first review, beer newbie here. Dogfish Head 90 Minute Imperial IPA. (India Pale Ale) I had it in 12oz bottle, poured into a pint glass. Pours a orange-bronze color. Thin, 1-finger head. As soon as I opened the bottle, I immediately smelled the hop aroma; Pine-like. Taste starts off with a subtle sweetness and finished with a big, bitter, hop bite. Like the smell, I also taste citrus and pine notes. Mostly the latter. A little alcohol taste in there too. (9% ABV, stronger than your average beer.) Slight creaminess but not too thick. Crisp. Very Drinkable. Overall, this is a great beer. I enjoyed it. This my first in this style, Imperial IPA which is known for a its bitter hop taste, that I’ve had and thought the hop bite was refreshing.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
Tmoney36 (15) - - MAR 3, 2013
Smooth texture, nice head, lots of hops. Clear light amber color, typical ale aroma. Nice malt with good hop kick. Minor sweet malt taste, mostly hops. Smooth flavor and bitter end. Very nice IPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
SlamDuncan (15) - Indiana, USA - JUL 15, 2013
The aroma is more grainy than hoppy. I smell some caramel notes. It also has a spicy odor. It has a nice hop bitterness which is backed up with strong malt flavors. It has a medium to full mouth feel. This is a nicely balanced beer, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of aromatic hops coming through, but tasty nonetheless.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
O11510 (15) - Amarillo, Texas, USA - JUL 23, 2013
Enormous head Matched with beautiful color. Biter at the tail but it goes well with the taste. Nice IPA ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 8/20
dman999 (15) - - AUG 13, 2013
Big hoppy taste. Lots of malt. Nice balance. Spicy cinnomon notes. Nice mouthfeel.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
cwhalen (14) - Champaign, USA - JAN 17, 2004
Very Nice. A very hoppy taste and finish with added complexity. I didn't like the bitter drawn out finish but I say that about most ales. All in all, i give it a thumbs up.