overall

RATINGS: 4376   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
PoopThoughts (25) - - JAN 3, 2014
Even with the hype and bravado, I find that this beer fully lives up to itís billing. Youíd be hard-pressed to find an IPA with as much hops flavor and high alcohol content that goes down as smoothly as this one. Hereís me chugging it: http://teamchug.com/90-minute-ipa-review

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
olundnat (25) - - APR 27, 2014
Delicious, complex flavor. Hoppy with light grapefruit flavors at the finish. Definitely worth trying.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Fakdaddy (25) - - JAN 5, 2015
I don't have to be a good day to be a good time to get a new one is the best of luck to ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Flanny (24) - Severn, Maryland, USA - NOV 15, 2003
Pouring into the recommended snifter yielded a sparse, cream-colored head, which quickly dispersed to the edge of the glass. The 90 minute hop treatment must be used to rein in the heavy-sweet maltiness--a Good Thing. After-sip hop bitterness safely guides the malt sweets away. An excellent, but not outstanding, IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
schoolofspool (24) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 27, 2006
UPDATED: APR 8, 2006 [12 oz bottle] Poured a orange/amber hue with a tight frothy lasting head. Nose is herbaceous, very resiny, with a plenty of fruit and malt in the background. An onslaught of hops battles it out with the malt sweetness. The succulent oily hops take over which, while very strong, arenít overly bitter. Alcohol stays hidden very nicely without being nonexistant. medium bodied with an slick oily texture and a pleasant CO2 tingle. Long bitter finish with just enough caramel malts to get you through. Although it definately leans on its hops character itís very well behaved. My beer list isnít long, but this is definately in my top ten and I always get to the end of my 4-pack wishing I purchased more! Canít wait to dive deeper into the world of IPAs after this promising start. 7/3/8/4/18=4.0

Re-rate: I know itís only been a month since I rated but Iíve compared quite a few brews to the 90 minute and nothing captures the essence of this stuff. Some bring a well balanced package, and some cram in the hops until oil bleeds from the bottle, but Dogfish walks the line and delivers on some unthought of level. Four of these are going to be subjected to various degrees of aging and I canít wait to see what happens when the edgy hops are attenuated a bit.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
lunchbox582 (24) - St. Clair Shores, Michigan, USA - SEP 13, 2007
Bottle from Embassy Market, Roseville, MI. Pours nice, with a single finger head which leaves incredible lacing throughout. The head also sticks around throughout the entire brew. The alcohol is hidden very well by the malts and intense hoppiness of the beer. The aroma and taste of citrus is noticeable through the entire sitting, with an intense hop finish. The mouth-feel is one of the nicest Iíve had from an IPA. Overall, my favorite IPA tried yet, just adding to why this is my favorite style of beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Thprovider (24) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - JAN 26, 2008
A golden pour with a very hoppy and citrusy aroma. Hides it alcohol well. An excellent IPA overall

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
amarcero (24) - , Vermont, USA - SEP 5, 2009
Great, but Iíd rather have a Stone Ruination IPA if I want something big and bold. The two have a similar flavor and I look at the 90min as a "lesser than" Stoneís Ruination.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
cwondo (24) - Rochester, Michigan, USA - OCT 2, 2009
Bottle. I was excited for this one. It poured a nice golden color with a milky white, frothy head that stayed for awhile before dissipating. Very nice lacing. Aroma of hops and malts, and the taste was a wonderful blend of the two, with a bit of caramel and a brief hop attack to end it all. Aftertaste is sweet. Medium bodied. Since finally taking an interest in how my beer tastes, IPA is easily my favorite, and this one does not disappoint.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
vicepeddler (24) - Broomfield, USA - JUN 4, 2010
Pours ruby amber with strong slightly tan head. Magnificent nose full of citrus and herbal hop notes with a prominent sweet malt backbone. Massive explosion of citrussy hops and sweet malt balance oneanother perfectly. 9% alcohol is nearly undetectable. A true gem of the craft beer world. Impeccable.