overall

RATINGS: 4425   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
jrhammonds (29) - Lincoln, Nebraska, USA - AUG 7, 2007
UPDATED: AUG 11, 2007 I am eager to find the beer that will take the 90 minute off of my top favorite spot. The intense front hop is amazingly balanced by the full malt backbone that comes up from underneath with a lasting finish. This beer does not have a strong hop finish, but rather leaves the palate with a residual raisiny sweetness. Big mouthfeel makes this brew a perfect winter complement.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
gibson584 (29) - Kentucky, USA - FEB 5, 2008
On tap. Delicious aroma. The hops instantly hits the senses. pours a darker amber almost orange hue. Taste is extremely overpowering, but in a good way. Definitely a beer made for sipping.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
tpseabird (29) - Dickinson, Texas, USA - MAY 20, 2010
Pours with a very, very light syrup like consistency. Color is Golden and clear with a bit of orange color. Aroma is fruity with citrus and lots of malt. Taste is sweet with plenty of hop bitterness to balance things out. Somewhat of a lingering bitterness. Excellent brew!

Homer007 (29) - California, USA - JUL 13, 2013
Smelt a lot like grains like when I brew my own. Wonderful smell. All around wonderful beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
wollipam (29) - - NOV 12, 2014
Great aroma. Great flavor and very little after taste. Also a staggering 9.0 ABV packs a mighty wallop.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
gkao007 (28) - Jersey City, New Jersey, USA - AUG 5, 2008
My first sip was something magical. It was like kissing a girl for the first time. Sensations raced through my veins, and like Remy in Ratatouille describes it, "flavors exploded in my mouth". A parade of tastes marching on my tongue. Pairs very well with dishes with garlic and strong flavors. I’m going to attempt pairing this with Kalbi (Korean BBQ). Charcuterie would also work well I think.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Buddahchild (28) - Littleton, Colorado, USA - SEP 15, 2007
Aroma of candied/caramel fruit, lots of hoppy floral aromas, and sweet malts. Light stable head, pours dark birght amber. Thick mouthfeel that has a sweet hoppy bitterness, and a fruity caramel maltiness. Strong, warming dry finish.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
layyze (28) - Durham, North Carolina, USA - OCT 22, 2007
An excellent example of the style. Pours a perfect copper. Sweet and slightly hoppy aroma with some citrus. Lovely balance of bitterness and sweetness - not overly sweet like some other double IPAs. Alcohol not very noticeable.

NJDevilz69 (28) - Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey, USA - NOV 19, 2006
Sampled from bottle, as well as on tap at my home. 90 min is a hopheads dream come true. Not quite as balanced as some IPAs out there but I tend to like the over the top bitterness more. Golden amber in color, the aroma is out of this world. Finishes with very little citrus which I like. And after having a few 90’s you experience a euphoria that no other beer has quite touched for me. Perfect Beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
RiverShark (28) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 3, 2007
This beer has jumped to the top of my list of beers to keep in your fridge. Great taste and pretty strong too. Pricey but everyone should at least try it once!