overall

RATINGS: 4307   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

dogfishhead (3) - TINLEY PARK, Illinois, USA - JUL 10, 2005 does not count
I think the 90 minute is the perfect IMPERIAL IPA that can be found in the bottle. I usually drink it in the big bomber bottle. I was amazed to discover that this beer is as good as the best IPAS you will find on tap. In many bottled IPAS the beer is much different than on tap. There tends to be an excess of bitterness and lack of malt balance. However, the 90 minute is very well balanced with the hops not overtaking the malt. Also, there was no diacetyl or oxidation in any of the bomber bottles I have tasted. --------&# DONAHUE

Prostman (1077) - Pennsylvania, USA - NOV 12, 2002
My own personal "quest" for finding 90 Minute IPA was just as great as the beer. For some time, I was not able to find this beer, and then when a case became available, it was scoffed up before I could buy it. Ok, now finally to the beer. I picked up the crazy labeled beer yesterday at my favorite restaurant, Cooper’s and popped the cork. Immediately, I was hit with a huge hop aroma. The beer poured a very deep gold color and was somewhat hazy. The half inch egg white head lasted and laced the whole way down the glass. The tasted was hoppy, of course, but as it warmed, a nice maltiness became apparent to balance the taste. It also finished very creamy as my mouth became accustomed to the hops. This is a amazing beer and well deserving of a perfect score. I know that many of you hate to give perfect score, but I think that can be justified for a beer that is just as great to drink as it was hard to find.

WesBeerGuy (62) - Rocky Hill, Connecticut, USA - APR 23, 2005
UPDATED: JUL 7, 2005 Absolutely incredible aroma, floral and hoppy, with some hints of berry. Pours a coppery amber, with not much of a head to speak of. The flavor is thick and hoppy, with a nice hint of sweetness. One of my favorite IPAs of all time. My only complaint would be that it is perhaps too powerful to really enjoy more than one or two in a night. ReRate: I just have this on tap at Eli Cannon’s, Middletown, CT. Randall made an appearance, and a Randallized 90 Min is fully worthy of the full 5 rating. tastes like fresh green delicious hops with an aroma straight from heaven. a freaking godsend of a beer. best of my life. holy cow.

rafalski (6) - annandale, New Jersey, USA - APR 4, 2005 does not count
nice aroma, smooth malty fihish, mellow head with long lasting finish. an outstanding imperial ipa. one of a kind.

dberger624 (1028) - Phila, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 15, 2002
This is THE beer for Hopheads. Nice hoppy aroma and flavor

mribm (458) - Ocala, Florida, USA - AUG 18, 2002
This beer had a head that lasted as long as it took me to remove the cork! Nice lace too. Even though it took so long to remove the cork, it was worth it! Unbelievable is all I can say. This beer poured a beautiful copper orange color and had a strong smell of citrusy hops. The taste was out of this world...by far the BEST IPA I have ever had. This is one of the hoppiest beers I have tasted. It makes Sierra Nevadas Celebration Ale and Victory’s Hop Devil look like pale ales in comparison. I love this beer and thus it gets a top rating. (Disclaimer: I am partial to hops.)

VTDeerHunter (51) - Vermont, USA - JUL 2, 2003
I have found my new favorite beer. Orange with a white foamy head. Very well balanced between malt and hops. Nothing is overbearing, but it's still a large beer. Also, there's none of the harshness that I found in 60-minute. Smooth and good. This is how IPA should be.

maxxwelle (2) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 3, 2004 does not count
Pours into the glass with an amber gold body topped by a medium thick white sustaining head with great lace left behind. Sweet and citrusy hop aroma with some tropical fruit notes. Incredible aroma. Sweet and citrusy hop flavor well balanced with maltiness. The finish is strongly bitter and hoppy. Best IPA I’ve had to date. I expected a strong alcohol presence, but it wasn’t there. Medium bodied, remarkably smooth and slightly dry.

TracyR (1) - USA - APR 8, 2004 does not count
This is a real treat. It has a long and bitter finish. The aroma is very floral with hints of orange, pine and complex sweet/bitter flavours, awesome IPA

weisinator (67) - USA - SEP 15, 2005
I like hops. I didn’t realize just how much I liked hops until I tried this. OMFG, this is quite possibly the BEST beer I have EVER had.