overall

RATINGS: 4376   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

SpaceMonkey's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
SpaceMonkey (182) - San Diego, California, USA - JUN 2, 2003
Pours a beautiful golden deep amber, a steady stream of bubbles rise up the center forever. The head lands thick, creamy lacey, and creates a thin layer that keeps going and going. Man, I wish I had a picture of this, it's making me drool just looking at it. Big hop aroma, of course, but not as strong as I expected. There is a big, nutty, almond malt type color in the nose too. Starts off a bit on the citrus side, more like sweet oranges with the peels thrown in, rather than a tart grapefruit. A little on the roasty edge going out, there is so much sweetness in here that the bitter finish takes quite a while to come through. This is a very unique Imperial IPA. I think the sweetness may be a little be to much of an overcompensation for my own tastes, but wow, what a beer.

mkam (322) - POLAND - APR 22, 2015
2014-10-19 Bottle. Pours copper in color with a white head. Piny, citrus aroma, slightly weak (probably by the age of the beer). Good malty base over hoppy, bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bartzluke (93) - Oklahoma, USA - APR 22, 2015
12 oz pour from refrigerated bottle into Spiegelau IPA glass. Moderate fluffy white head with nice retention and lacing. A bit opaque. Golden. Nose is citrus, pine, and malt. Mouthfeel is fairly creamy. Crisp. Taste is complex. Buttery, piney, citrus (strong orange and tangerine). Strong malty backbone balances well all the aggressive hops. There?s a lot going on here, but it never feels like too much. Awesome IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
darb85 (133) - Canton, Michigan, USA - APR 21, 2015
Good. Sweet nose. Molasses at the start, Hoppy middle. Thick mouth feel with a bit of a bitter finish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
TheSilentSaint (77) - Ohio, USA - APR 18, 2015
Pours dark clear orange. Hops with fruity aromas. Tastes hops and fruits like pineapple. Hops bitterness is balanced with malts. Not a true IPA but tastes really good! Edited: additional spicey taste of cinnamon. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Mjp12 (616) - York, North Yorkshire, ENGLAND - APR 18, 2015
Wow, the malt bill just about makes this well balanced, but this is a full on beer, hitting you with hops and abv.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Barnacle_Ed (30) - Milpitas, California, USA - APR 17, 2015
One of my favorites. Usually I prefer my hoppier IPAs and the West Coast styles, but the 90 minute is a malty work of beauty in my eyes. Slightly harsh in the finish, but thats really the only downside in my mind; Deliciously balanced and an exemplary imperial IPA overall. Sadly hard to find on tap here however!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
skatanarchy (58) - - APR 17, 2015
독피쉬헤드-나& 임페리얼 IPA 9% ABV 스무스하게, 하지만 높이 치고 올라오는 알콜기의 고도수 IPA. 도수를 높이려 당을 더 첨가하고,당 비중이 높아지므로 맛이 점점 단순해질수 밖에 없는듯. 시트러스향의 예쁜맥주 https://twitter.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
dgbeer (3) - - APR 16, 2015 does not count
Beer no 318 for me. One I've been looking forward to for a while. I forgot my snifter and escargot, but Drank with my good buddy Drew. Great beer but a bit under hopped in my humble opinion.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
sinfull (985) - Brooklyn, New York, USA - APR 15, 2015
Copper color ;medium-sized off-white head. Aroma of pine , grapefruit and malt. Taste follows the aroma. Strong hoppy bitterness , but very easy to drink .Great IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BananaBi11 (17) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - APR 13, 2015
Very hoppy, smelled as such. Malty and pine notes as well. On tap. Easier drinker than most DIPAs. Very solid, as good as you hear about. Not the biggest fan of Dogfish Head but this is a good one. Enjoyed it.