RATINGS: 4474   WEIGHTED AVG: 4.05/5   IBU: 90   EST. CALORIES: 270   ABV: 9%
Esquire Magazine calls our 90 Minute I.I.PA., "perhaps the best I.P.A. in America." An Imperial I.P.A. brewed to be savored from a snifter. A big beer with a great malt backbone that stands up to the extreme hopping rate. This beer is an excellent candidate for use with Randall The Enamel Animal! 90 ibu
Tasting Notes: Brandied fruitcake, raisiney, citrusy.
Food Pairing recommendations: Pork chops, beef, grilled fish, frites, focaccia, split pea soup, Stilton cheese & escargot.
Glassware recommendation: Snifter
Wine comparable: Sauvignon Blanc
In case you care... the average 12 oz. serving has 294 calories.

rwgould's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
rwgould (331) - Vancouver, British Columbia, - OCT 5, 2012
Pours a transparent brown-orange, frothy white head, minimal visible carbonation. Aroma: Very subtle. Vanilla, raisins, lemon, nuts. Palate: Medium bodied, slightly oily, a bit watery, slightly dry finish. Very pleasant. Taste: Slightly sweet, fades quickly to quite bitter, and then back to sweet for the finish. Probably the most well balanced IPA I’ve ever had.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Obfuscate (336) - Minneapolis, - NOV 25, 2015
Really good, finally got to get my hands on one with my Brother in law in town. Super clean, not that bitter and maltier than I would have thought but plenty of clean tropical hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
drsandman (702) - New York, USA - NOV 24, 2015
Aboard Amtrak. Pours a super clear Amber, slightly off white medium white head. Aroma is dank pine, citrus, cracker malt, booze, floral hop. Flavor is med sweet, bready malt, pine, citrus, floral notes. Medium / big body, lasting bitter mouthfeel. Classic classic stuff.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
tysongillmore (351) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - NOV 21, 2015
If I'm gonna have an IPA it needs to be like this one. Not the traditional IPA with pine sol added but a nice blend of hops and malt. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Clarkdvm (322) - Florida, USA - NOV 21, 2015
Draft. Just plain good. Wouldn’t have guessed was ipa. Malty aroma. Slight malty flavor but so rich. Not sure why I’m not giving 5 stars

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
martin00sr (1806) - Haderslev, DENMARK - NOV 21, 2015
Hazy amber, small and dense offwhite head. Aroma has peach, pine and caramel. Malty, caramely flavour, notes of dried fruit and glue. Creamy mouthfeel with just a tiny alcohol bite. Good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Powderfin (4) - Minnesota, USA - NOV 16, 2015 does not count
Love it and I’m not ashamed. It’s a great imperial IPA. I can’t say anything about taste that hasn’t already been said, but I will say this is in my top 5 IPAs. It’s really good, always. A little buzzed on my second one as I type this...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
MaltOne (288) - Wisconsin, USA - NOV 12, 2015
Pours hay butterscotch, brief white head, but sustained shore cap. Aroma sweet biscuit, shortbread, resin hops, and first hints of ripe fruit. Taste starts surprisingly sweet, but evolves into a drier, more hops, profile with subtle rich dried fruit note that lingers. Lots of entertaining complexity, that earns the Imperial in the name. Overall its sweeter the I would expect from an I IPA but the complexity it offers make if outstanding. It reminds me of "old ales" in its richness, that plum pudding taste in the later moments that linger on the palate. The hops play a tempering role, keeping it an IPA.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
BeerRenter76 (426) - Texas, USA - NOV 11, 2015
The 60 min was pretty darn good and after reading reviews i bought a single to give the 90 a spin. Disappointed is the word that comes to mind, Although it looked good (color, head and lacing.) The aroma was almost non-existant and the taste was one of burnt barley, the hops were hardly noticeable. After trying this a few times over the past few years it just hasnt done anything for me

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
AwaKe (147) - Laval, CANADA - NOV 11, 2015
En bouteille. Couleur ambrée avec mousse blanche. Arômes de pins, agrumes, malt, alcool. Goût étonnamment malté, très pins, très résineux. On sent le 9% d’alcool, belle chaleur en poche. Amertume relativement courte en fin de bouche de style écorce de pamplemousse avec un bon goût sucré résiduel. Palais modéré avec effervescence élevé. C’est très agréable à boire quoiqu’un peu fort en alcool.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Stuedmaster (315) - San Diego, California, USA - NOV 7, 2015
I can see what all of the hype is about, this is really good. 12 oz. bottle from Pacific Liquor. Pour is hazy golden amber with a nice, dense, one finger, white head that retains and leaves thick lacing. I detect caramel, bread, grass, citrus, and pine in the aroma. Has a rich, fruity flavor, not very bitter for an Imperial IPA, low resin, low high alpha hop bite. Has a balanced flavor, the alcohol is well hidden. Full body, creamy texture, medium carbonation, and smooth finish.