overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 1890   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.52   SEASONAL: Spring   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
A strong IPA brewed with real apricots and finished with whole leaf Willamette and Cascade hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Hopgeek (90) - San Diego, California, USA - JAN 17, 2005
Pours an even copper tone with a light white head and leaves a thick lacing down my glass. Aromatics are sweet barley malt, caramel, tons of hops and some fruity apricot esters. Flavor carries mild bitterness, sweet caramel, citrus hop flavors and an even apricot coating from start to finish. Medium bodied palate with a light syrupy finish. Experimental for the style and quite good, shame that I cannot have access to more of this in my area.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Styles (2014) - Lincoln Park, Michigan, USA - JAN 10, 2005
Amber with medium head which fades to film quickly. Citrus and flower hop aromas with only a hint of apricot. Taste is just about the same with some malt. Not really a fruit beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
crizay (1050) - Brook Park, Ohio, USA - JAN 5, 2005
A pale ale with a slight fruit flavor, I was expecting more apricot flavor but it really wasn’t there. Don’t think i’ll get it again since I don’t really like pale ales but if you do it’d be pretty good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
csbosox (1225) - Prairie Village, Kansas, USA - JAN 2, 2005
UPDATED: FEB 18, 2005 I gotta agree with SpringsLicker, this is not a fruit beer. 12oz bottle. Served @ 51 degrees. Orange color that had some red to it. I got a HUGE off white head (probably my fault) that stuck around for a long time. Floaties. When the head died down, I was able to smell a nice floral hops aroma that was somewhat jammy and had hints of apricot. The taste was brown sugar, sweet malt, that turned into a bitter flavor-bomb with subtle apricots and a nice floral hops flavor. The finish was dry with some residual fruit flavors. The apricots, in this beer, are well integrated into the flavor profile. They didn’t seem put of place and meld well with the other flavors. Had I not known, I don’t think I would have known this was brewed with apricots while drinking it. A few minutes after I was done, I did get the sensation that I had just finished eating an apricot, maybe when the hops wore off. Thanks Jay!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
larsniclas (5827) - Billdal, SWEDEN - DEC 28, 2004
Bottled. Deep golden. Nutty and fruity aroma. Rather lively at first. Really nutty and hoppy. A bit sweetish.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Rastacouere (6145) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 25, 2004
Dark gold. Medium sized white head. Balanced aroma of highly floral C-hops, orange. Fruit counterpart adds some vinous depth. In mouth, white grapes/apricot component highly balanced with the C-hops. FItting medium body, moderately carbonated in a airy way. Interesting refreshing ale that is not really my style, but would make an excellent introduction to IPAs.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Lizabeth (360) - east falmouth, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 24, 2004
Bottle. Dark golden amber with a pale yellow soapy head that leaves some lacing. Nose: light floral hops, apricots, vanilla and a trace of bergamot. Flavor: apricots, peaches, a touch of caramel malts and a kiss of hops. Good carbonation. Smooth, slightly bitter aftertaste. Doesn’t taste as strong as it is. Another good one from the folks at Dogfish Head.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jine (896) - Nutley, New Jersey, USA - DEC 24, 2004
Another forgotten rating from a little while back. 12 oz bottle. I LOVE APRICOTS. So I’m a little bit biased towards rating this beer highly. Not disgustingly fruity, but deloosh. Mad Flava

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Sickboy282 (1115) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 22, 2004
Pours cloudy orange hue with a frothy white head. Aromas of umm....apricots??? and hops, and citrus, and bubblegum and pineapple and a little honey. Mouthfeel is medium bodied with flavors of ummm....Arpicots??? Decent bitterness withouth a cloying aftertaste. A little vanilla, apple, and the bitterness is more than I thought. Very nice indeed.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Boutip (4964) - Gatineau, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 20, 2004
Bottle (Obtained from my Knoxville SS December 2004): Poured an amber color ale with a huge thick bubbly head with better then average retention. Aroma is quite hoppy with some subtle traces of sweetness. Taste is very similar to an IPA but with added sweetness which really balanced the whole thing out. I wonder if my bottle was aged a bit since the apricot taste was quite subtle as opposed to some description of past rating. Anyway, I still very much enjoyed this beer and very much appreciate all the beers that I’m discovering from this fine brewery.