overall
Serve in Bowl

RATINGS: 1521   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.21   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%
A refreshing neo-Berliner Weisse fermented with peaches.

Food Pairing recommendations: Grilled chicken or fish, salad.

Glassware recommendation: Pint

Wine comparable: Pinot Grigio

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
surlysober (41) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 14, 2008
Nth TRIAL: Pours a brilliant straw yellow with almost no head; aroma is slightly of peaches but primarily of a scent that I always associate with deliciously sour; flavor is great lactic sourness with a touch of peach lurking somewhere in the background; the sour finish lingers on the palate as the thin body trickles down the throat, reminding you of how good that was and demanding you take another sip. Overall, I have to admit that Iím a total sucker for Berliner Weisses, and this one is done exceptionally well (in my opinion). I actually wasnít a giant Dogfish Head fan prior to this, but forever pledge my allegiance to Sam Calagione as long as he continues brewing this beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
WylanNeckett (1) - USA - JUL 27, 2009 does not count
HOLY CR**! This beer was unbelievable! Itís the sour patch kids of ale! Never had anything like that before.....well at least in regards to beer. Otherwise, Iíve had plenty of Sweet Tarts, Pixie Sticks, and other kinds of candy that make one pucker!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
dalelewis1 (1) - Plainfield, Illinois, USA - OCT 7, 2010 does not count
Rock solid beer. I had to try it a couple times to enjoy and appreciate the style but i have since become addicted to this beer. On draught at Finneganís Irish Pub. They sold over 14 barrels over this past summer. Huge hit!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
santos999 (318) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 24, 2008
Bottled 05/31/07. In the glass it is a sparkling gold with lots of fast moving carbonation and a bubbly white head. In the nose itís incredibly funky. Moldy cheese, earthy mushrooms, fruitiness, barnyard notes, and a host of other complexities I canít begin to describe. In the mouth, itís bubbly and effervescent, with clean, lemony acidity and tart citric undertones. The funkiness is intense!! The peach is all but gone, and Iím glad. Intensely dry and mouth-puckering sour finish. After a year, this has done what I hoped - became more acidic. Another year or two, and Iíll be able to convince you that youíre drinking Gueuze! Funky, funky, funky. I love wild yeast.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
brandonmcmahan (4) - Franklin, North Carolina, USA - OCT 31, 2012 does not count
Again, I wish I knew more about beer, so that I could leave better comments. This is one of my favorite beers of all time. I was really surprised that it didnít have higher numbers.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Optigon (562) - Bloomington, Indiana, USA - JUN 30, 2007
Pours cloudy yellow with a minor head. Aroma of grass, pear, and peach. Lightly sour flavor with peach, apple, and grassy qualities. Clean finish. Spectacular beer!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
lb4lb (2462) - Austin, Texas, USA - SEP 19, 2007
UPDATED: JUL 5, 2014 Bottle sent by DrBayern - I had been wanting to try this for a long time and finally acquired one through trade. Poured this into the closest glass I had to a "bowl" style glass. Looked a hazy yellowish with no head. Kind of Hoegaarden-esque. Smell was very underwhelming with some very faint perhaps peachy smells that I wouldn?t have picked up if I didn?t know what it was, along with an almost skunky yeast smell. Very unique to me as it was also my 1st of the style. Taste was dry very bland peachy flavor up front, followed by a noticeable tartness in the mouth and then a definite wheaty finish to it. Very different, and although drinkable, not the easiest beer to enjoy. Perhaps just the style, but this lacked almost any sweetness at all and as a result almost none of the flavors were brought out very well. Extremely mild and tart. Rerate - Much more flavorful, and the fruitiness shined, and the tartness was very thirst quenching. Really enjoying this style now, and I liked the dry fruity complementing flavor to this style. Would like to have again.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
GweedoeBrew (3) - USA - APR 22, 2009 does not count
I think this was my first berliner wiesse beer. I was awesomely tart/sour.... It had a light to medium body with cloudy...almost white look to it... This is definitely not a beer for the novice beer drinker.... it will take a developed palate to appreciate this beer fully.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
MeisterBrew (138) - Cheyenne, Wyoming, USA - JUL 13, 2009
Bottle. Pours a cloudy golden color with a nice bubbly body and head. Aroma of grass, lemons, and a hint of peach. Flavor is very impressive. Nice face puckering sourness ending with a nice mellowing fruity peach flavor. Very good, very refreshing. Spectacular brew from Dogfish Head. I never considered myself much of a fan of their offerings, but this one has me swayed.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ngeunit1 (1555) - San Francisco, California, USA - FEB 27, 2011
UPDATED: MAY 15, 2012 A - Pours a cloudy golden-yellow with a thin finger of frothy white head. The head fades down fairly quickly leaving behind some light lace. S - Aroma is a mix of lots of peach, with a good amount of funk and tartness coming through as well, with a bit of wheat and farmhouse smells. T - Starts off with a mix of sweet and tart peach with some wheat and a hint of funky yeast. Through the middle, the sourness begins to build with some stronger funk and farmhouse flavors. The finish is a mix of tart peach with some wheat, funk, and sourness. M - Light bodied with mild carbonation. Feels smooth with a dry, tart, and sour finish. D - Super drinkable. I really like the peach flavor and the funkiness and tartness really enhances it a lot. Fantastic beer.