RATINGS: 2411   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.73   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Indian Brown Ale A cross between a Scotch Ale, an I.P.A, and an American Pale, this beer is well hopped and malty at the same time. It is brewed with Aromatic Barley and caramelized brown sugar. - 50 IBU available year round, bottles & draft - Descriptors: Notes of molasses, coffee, ginger, raisinettes, chocolate

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JAN 20, 2005
Not a big fan of the style...until this one. Rich roasted flavor, with a strong brown sugar or molasses/caramel flavor. Can see myself downing a few of these in an evening very pleasantly. I must admit, in a blind taste test, I’d probably have called this a Porter or even a mild Stout.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
joshpiledean (316) - Seattle, Washington, USA - JAN 18, 2005
Clear medium brown pour, with a fluffy white head, some nice lace and initially fairly well carbonated. Lightly roasted malt, maple tones, and some strong hop and light alcohol notes. Momentarily sweet, fading to a decent hop bitterness, and ends with a strange sweet/bitter feel with some alcohol showing up. Body is kinda light, not nearly as weighty as I expected, but not too thin. Overall a pretty interesting bew, but kinda hard to really get in to. I get so confuddled sometimes!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
oldno7 (137) - Spokane, Washington, USA - JAN 17, 2005
Pours dark brown with no head. Has very little aroma of malt and a nice flavor of malt and brown sugar.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
osmg95 (44) - Florida, USA - JAN 17, 2005
This Brown ale confuses me a bit. I just finished a Dogfish Chicory Stout and except for the Chicory and a bit more hops, I’m seeing the same beer. Burnt coffee flavor, chocolate. The hops are certainly not hiding in this brown ale. A bit too sweet for me. Nothing wrong here except perhaps originality.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Jonathan3584 (323) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - JAN 16, 2005
Brown pour, slightly off-white head. Malty nose, but then the taste is overcome by the hops. It’s very thick in texture for as hoppy as it is, but a very enjoyable beer. It’s a shame it’s not available in NC. Well described by the brewer

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
IMtheOptimator (1164) - Bethel, Connecticut, USA - JAN 15, 2005
Poured brown with some red hues, with a fizzy off-white head. Aroma is sweet malt with an edge of hopes. Tastes starts with malt but quickly dissolves to a dry hop bitterness. This was much hoppier than I expected, and quite frankly not as enjoyable as I’d hoped.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
beerandrugby (210) - Nashville, Tennessee, USA - JAN 15, 2005
I liked the more unique flavors of this brew, definately an original. I always find myself comoparing one beer to another but I was pleasantly surprised with this. The commercial deScription is very true to well, the truth, so I would just say to read that...my experience exactly. very good!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
hobgoblin (163) - St-Épiphane, Quebec, CANADA - JAN 10, 2005
bottle. Redish deep brown color, with a tan head that goes off quickly. Smeels like brown sugar and malt and something i cant figure out (leather). Well hoped, taste like brown sugar a a hint of grapefruit and the alcohol is srtong on the finish (7.2%) and this beer makes my mouth dry. Nice beer but nothing extraordinary. Cette biere est d’un brun tres fonce, presque noire, avec des reflets rouge mais, sont collet est tres mince et disparait rapidement. Odeur de malt et et de sucre (cassonade) et quelque cuose comme le cuir, je nai pu determiner ce que c’etait. Au gout, elle a une bonne amertume, cassonade et un gaout assez prononcer qui s’apparente au pamplemousse mais, l’alcool est tres presente (7.2%) en fin de bouche et cette biere donne tres soif (dry). C’est bien mais rien d’extraordinaire.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
NDM84 (20) - Street, Maryland, USA - JAN 9, 2005
Bottled. Reddish brown body. Nice tan head, very little lacing. Aroma is very sweet, coffee, caramel, chocolate. Finish is dry and very enjoyable. Awesome Dogfish brew.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
jb (2590) - Rochester, New York, USA - JAN 8, 2005
Brown color, with reddish tint and lush tan head. In the beginning I was getting a lot of chocolate malt taste and some extra sweetness. Roasted taste in the palate along with caramel. As I kept drinking it tasted the hops more and more. Just about right for the sweetness. A well made beer. A little too sweet for me to drink all the time.