overall

RATINGS: 2296   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.73   EST. CALORIES: 216   ABV: 7.2%
Indian Brown Ale A cross between a Scotch Ale, an I.P.A, and an American Pale, this beer is well hopped and malty at the same time. It is brewed with Aromatic Barley and caramelized brown sugar. - 50 IBU available year round, bottles & draft - Descriptors: Notes of molasses, coffee, ginger, raisinettes, chocolate

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 17/20
JMerritt (1803) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - OCT 26, 2003
Brown-red with a brown head. Excellent lacing. Aroma of malt and licorice. Plum aroma comes to the party as it warms. Rather high carbonation initially. Letting it die down, more flavors become distinguishable: raisin, Red Delicious apple skins, brown sugar. Dry finish is somewhat alcoholic. Too cold or straight out the bottle, this beer is no good. But let it warm and the carbonation settle down, and it is quite delicious.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
unclebleen (620) - California, USA - OCT 25, 2003
Poured a reddish amber color with little head. Aroma is very nutty. Smells comforting and homey. Flavor is nutty, with some roasted woody flavors to boot. Great smooth mouthfeel with a semi-dry finish. Alcohol warming also evident on the swallow.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
bu11zeye (11943) - Frisco (Dallas), Texas, USA - OCT 23, 2003
(Bottle) Brown ale that pours with little to no head. Medium body with a descent flavor with a hint of brown sugar.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Rastacouere (6130) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - OCT 23, 2003
Here's a brown ale that doesn't particularly impress me. Appearance is medium with a sticky head that is thin as a film from the beginning, not quite what I look for in a beer of this type. Aroma is hops and chocolate. The taste is very malty, quite chocolate and toffee sweet, but plenty of balancing hop character keeps it off being cloying. 7.2% ABV is to be found nowhere. The medium body is pretty good and fitting as well. Still, I must say I'd have prefered a more intense aroma. I also found it less and less interesting after each sip, perhaps the balance is not so good after all. It remains stylish and original like any Dogfish, but it's definitely not one of their best. Thank you Egajdzis

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
ancherrera (162) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 20, 2003
Goot malt flavors. A good looking beer but too sweet for my taste. I expected to like it more than I did.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
xsketchyx (184) - Oregon, USA - OCT 14, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 18, 2003 More flavor than most other brown ales. The hoppy finish really helped this one out. I don't usually like brown ales but this isn't too bad.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
scoobyluv (504) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - OCT 11, 2003
deepest darkest amber. medium sized head that disappated quickly. more malty than hoppy

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
HighlanderOne (1009) - Bergen County, New Jersey, USA - OCT 10, 2003
Nice stuff. Looks like stained oak in the glass, and has a sort of woody flavor. Good hop/malt balance. Another winner by DFH.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ubiquibeer (140) - Cleveland, USA - OCT 6, 2003
I must admit it took me a while to tune my tastebuds for this ale. I've never been a fan of brown ales, and even though I see this is a well made brew, I find the carmelized brown sugar malt flavor a little harsh. This ale does have a nice bitter finish that saves it a little for me though.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
gsmitty80 (1794) - Washington DC, USA - OCT 1, 2003
I enjoyed this brown ale. Right amount of sweetness and bite. Very good brown ale, not like anything ive had before.